Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don't pick up from the Amex by car post match...dont mess our future up.

onealexb

Apr 4, 2011
All I want from this post is this - if you know someone that is thinking of getting a post match car pick-up, let them know why it's not a good idea, firmly.

I will tell you why...

I understand that its easy to ask someone to pick you up from the ground.

I am sure that your husband/wife/son/daughter/boyf/girlf wants to come and get you or you to be safe getting home.

But the traffic chaos post Peterborough match was a joke. Why? People screwing the bus and road system as they chose to 'drive up' and try and do a pick-up and 'u-ey' at the car park entrance. Those who thought kerbing it and blocking the buses was reasonable, you are nuts. Good on the stewards for a few choice words to those who were doing this.

You inconsiderable lazy people. You are defeating everything that the ground was built to not create. Use public transport. I know the public transport is not perfect - but dont screw it up for us.

This team, Gus, the atmosphere is amazing. I have never been so proud in the stand. If we do get promoted (the dream) we will need the extra 8000 seats we have applied for through planning permission to 1) complete the ground and 2) to provide the cash to make top flight football sustainable.

One of the conditions of the Amex was that the club had to prove that the public transport systems were capable and that matches would not cause traffic chaos.

If this continues, we will not get granted those extra 8000 seats.

Support the team with your voice, sing loud, but do it in other ways too.

We all look to this amazing team and Gus - lets continue to do our part after so many years of toil.

onealexb

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
From what I could see on Saturday the stewards stopped these people doing this on Saturday so I don't think you need to worry at all.

onealexb

Apr 4, 2011
thanks - i agree, they did a sterling job, but there were still many people trying to do this. i only post as it was different from the Doncaster and Blackpool games.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I would feel a little embarassed getting picked up right outside the stadium, unlesss of course there was a medical condition I suffered from. But thats just me!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
All I want from this post is this - if you know someone that is thinking of getting a post match car pick-up, let them know why it's not a good idea, firmly.

I will tell you why...

I am sure that your husband/wife/son/daughter/boyf/girlf wants to come and get you or you to be safe getting home.

But the traffic chaos post Peterborough match was a joke. Why? People screwing the bus and road system as they chose to 'drive up' and try and do a pick-up and 'u-ey' at the car park entrance. Those who thought kerbing it and blocking the buses was reasonable, you are nuts. Good on the stewards for a few choice words to those who were doing this.

You inconsiderable lazy people. You are defeating everything that the ground was built to not create. Use public transport. I know the public transport is not perfect - but dont screw it up for us.

This team, Gus, the atmosphere is amazing. I have never been so proud in the stand. If we do get promoted (the dream) we will need the extra 8000 seats we have applied for through planning permission to 1) complete the ground and 2) to provide the cash to make top flight football sustainable.

One of the conditions of the Amex was that the club had to prove that the public transport systems were capable and that matches would not cause traffic chaos.

We all look to this amazing team and Gus - lets continue to do our part after so many years of toil.

onealexb
100% agree with this.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I live almost next our local catholic school, completely use to the above

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

I will tell you why...

onealexb

Well Said!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Why not just walk to the bus stop over the subway through to the Uni campass and get picked up from there? Out of everyone's way and it would be much quicker, presumably. If you are in SUCH a rush to get home, anyway.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
I agree with everthing said, but as far as i new the traffic flowed well after the posh game. Please don't put our future at risk for sake of saving 10 minutes.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003

I will tell you why...

onealexb

Well said. I had to laugh yesterday. At the new Sainsburys local there is a bay that says loading only. It is painted in big yellow letters.

Some people seem to think it is OK to use this space so park their car for 10-15 mins while they go in and do a quick shop.
However there is a big free car park less than 5 mins walk but people are lazy.

Anyway whilst I was at the cash machine yesterday the delivery driver pulled up and blocked two cars in the loading bay.

Shopper returned with two bags of shopping and said to the delivery driver, "Your f***ing blocking me in, let me out" The delivery driver said "Sod off. Your now going to have to wait now until I have unloaded. You should not be parked here."

So not only did the drivers have to wait 20 mins for the delivery to be done, but because the lorry was sticking out in the road it was also causing congestion. All for the sake of a 5 mins bloody walk from the car park. Lazy, lazy people.

Some people never learn and even if the club wrote in big yellow letter, NO PARKING people will still do it. So not only are they selfish they are possibly ruining the planning application to extend the stadium. So because of a few 22,000 people suffer. Please don't do it. We don't want to give any of the Nimbys extra ammo.

I pesonally would think it is a lot easier to just walk under the A27 and get quickly picked up from the bus stop.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
on the other hand, people are going to do this, more so in the cold/wet winter. it would be sensible to identify, officially or unofficially, a spot nearby that people can use as a pick up point that avoids the buses and carparks.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
on the other hand, people are going to do this, more so in the cold/wet winter. it would be sensible to identify, officially or unofficially, a spot nearby that people can use as a pick up point that avoids the buses and carparks.
Exactly. Rather than pious hand-wringing people should accept that this WILL happen and it should be allowed for. Mind you you've got to be a right DIV to arrange to be picked up from the stadium itself; for one game, can't remember which one, the 25 buses weren't running to time, and having waited for about 25 minutes I rang my wife who was just finishing work. She came and picked us up at the entrance to Stanmer Park, that way she never went near the stadium.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Agreed. It is a shit thing to do, but it will happen and as such I hope such drop off points can be identified for this reason and that stewards can then ensure any cars driving to the stadium to pick up are simply redirected to one of these places, unless presenting a disabled badge.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Agreed. It is a shit thing to do, but it will happen and as such I hope such drop off points can be identified for this reason and that stewards can then ensure any cars driving to the stadium to pick up are simply redirected to one of these places, unless presenting a disabled badge.

The problem with identifying designated pick up/drop off areas is you are then giving the impression that this is a suitable method of going to and from the ground. This would then lead more people to do it, meaning more traffic problems.

Once you deem it as being acceptable then you'll have 22000 people wanting to be picked up after a rainy FA cup replay in winter. Imagine the chaos at the pick up points then...

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here