Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don't like to moan, but........

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'd rather people stopped pissing and whinging about catering and just concentrated on watching the football. It can't be that hard to go 90 minutes without food and drink can it ?

There, I've said it.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I had an East Stand Burger, that was cold and RAW. WIth my burger, I had a pint that was FLAT. Went to change said pint for another and they reluctantly gave me another FLAT pint. Really really poor.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Probably get shouted down for this but don't understand the desperation for having a beer at half time , I love a few beers before game and after but can't see the point in knocking a beer down in 10 mins during the break . The hassle of missing few mins of 1st half then queuing after probably queuing for toilets then missing the start of 2nd half for quick pint .

Yep. Don't see any point in missing football just to join a queue and hurl a drink or food down your throat.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Pie and two pints before the game very nice, and was able to go all game not needing the toilet. Now I'm a big boy and potty trained.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
The club needs to know.

Left my seat on 43 minutes to take a piss etc (normally leave at 42 but play was flowing) from WSU B block.

Then I queued to get a drink. Due to some daft bint taking an eternity to choose between a Wispa, Wine Gums, CDM etc and the slowest, laziest, most innefectual member of staff I was unable to purchase a drink at half time.

Luckily Mrs Woody had seen how slow my queue was and joined another and got said drinks before the restart.

Even so, 18 minutes to take a piss and not get a drink equals awful service. Would Gus rather I left my seat on 35 minutes?

Well I went for a seat swap yesterday from the WSU to the WSL and if you think the service was bad for you never, never, never go in the WSL shockingly slow. Oh and another thing it was f***ing freezing down on the lower level, roll on Reading when I can return to the scorching heat of the WSU. End of moan.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Well I went for a seat swap yesterday from the WSU to the WSL and if you think the service was bad for you never, never, never go in the WSL shockingly slow. Oh and another thing it was f***ing freezing down on the lower level, roll on Reading when I can return to the scorching heat of the WSU. End of moan.

I too have noticed its warmer up top. Think its the sun light coming through the roof. You could hardly breath during the August games at the start of the season.

D

Deleted User X18H

I had the hog roast in the 1901. The lad serving brought my 'crackling' over a full five minutes after my last mouthful.

I took it up with Richard Hebbard in the executive toilets (Andy Petterson is the perfume man) he said he will get his ducking stool out if necessary.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
I'd rather people stopped pissing and whinging about catering and just concentrated on watching the football. It can't be that hard to go 90 minutes without food and drink can it ?

There, I've said it.

Strange opinion. We have been to so many grounds where the catering is so much better than the Amex. Thus proving it can be done. Its just not that hard to get right, i think people have every right to moan when something is bollocks as its is. Would love to see a stadium full of yanks put up with the bollocks service we are fobbed off. Short of it, they wouldn't.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Best burgers pre match are at The Swan pub in the village. Done on the bbq and decent beers too. They have got their act together and good luck to them. As the season is going by this pub has become my preference for a drink. Dont have much sympathy for anyone who leaves their seat to feed their face in the middle of a match rather than watch the game.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
They do seem a bit slow at times. Every time I've gone to get a half time beverage there seems to be someone in front buying 3 or 4 pints and it takes them an age to sort it. They need to have a couple at the back relaying pints to directly behind the till servers so they can just turn round and grab the pints. Nothing they serve is complicated, it's all packaged (except for the beer) and it should be streamlined to serve it.

Maybe one way to speed things up at half-time would be to also package the beer i.e. only serve it in bottles, with proper pints available before and after the match.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Probably get shouted down for this but don't understand the desperation for having a beer at half time , I love a few beers before game and after but can't see the point in knocking a beer down in 10 mins during the break . The hassle of missing few mins of 1st half then queuing after probably queuing for toilets then missing the start of 2nd half for quick pint .

I also agree. I love a pint as much as the next man, but rushing down a pint at half time, doesn't seem to make sense. Plus it makes the after match Harveys that much nicer for the wait.
I do however get the slight hump that in the South West corner kiosk, the Harveys runs out an hour before kick off. But I can live with it.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Left my seat on 43 minutes to take a piss etc (normally leave at 42 but play was flowing) from WSU B block.

There lies your problem. Why do you expect everybody else to change their routines just because you couldn't be bothered to leave at your normal 42 mins?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I had the hog roast in the 1901. The lad serving brought my 'crackling' over a full five minutes after my last mouthful.

I took it up with Richard Hebbard in the executive toilets (Andy Petterson is the perfume man) he said he will get his ducking stool out if necessary.

Never heard it called a ducking stool before

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here