Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don't bother going to Shrewsbury on Tuesday night

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
According to Adams, it's the "least exciting game we can have at this moment of time"

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
If he said that, what a f***ing TOOL

Rather than being 'least exciting' how about "A GREAT opportunity for us to get a bit of rhythm and belief back into our play and at the same time, give us a brilliant opportunity to have a day out at Wembley"

f***ing SORT IT OUT!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
im going to rebel and still go! ile be the 1 with the gormless look on his chops and the quiff as the camera pans round looking for somebody picking thier nose at half time.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
An unenthusiastic "we'll give it a go" is all he can offer on Seagulls World.

Think we can say goodbye to the prospect of playing at Wembley for another year.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Whats wrong with saying 'We will treat this game as a cup final and give our all so we can give the fans a day out at Wembley' ?

because it shows we have given up on anything major happening this season by lowering ourselves to this quite frankly shite cup :shrug:

ok we all know this is the case but still..

GDC

In A Checked Shirt
Nov 7, 2006
On A Train
Withdean Wanderer - you are the most miserable, pessimistic fan I have ever had the displeasure to come across.

Are you going to Shrewsbury?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
It does seem a bit of a strange thing to come out with. I'd certainly like to hear his reasoning behind it.

Bloody hell, people are still moaning about McGhee's valid point about the Stoke game being pointless, what the hell are they going to make of this!!!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
If it weren't for the free travel, I couldn't see anymore than 100 going.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Can somebody provide the quote for this?

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
For Christ sake take your negative spin off of it Withdean Wanderer. Get it in context. Adams was asked a direct question after admitting that he and the players should be disappointed with their league efforts this season:

SCR (John Lees imitator.) " You've got a break from league action on Tuesday. You're at Shrewsbury Town. Is that a good distraction to have at this moment in time?
Adams. No! You would think not. You would think not. You would think that that's the least exciting game we could want at this time of our season, but it's there; it's in front of us; we're going to attack it; it's a semi-final of a cup competition; we've done very well in cup competitions this season and we will go out and give it a go.

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
According to Adams, it's the "least exciting game we can have at this moment of time"

you really are a f***ing prick :D

For Christ sake take your negative spin off of it Withdean Wanderer. Get it in context. Adams was asked a direct question after admitting that he and the players should be disappointed with their league efforts this season:

SCR (John Lees imitator.) " You've got a break from league action on Tuesday. You're at Shrewsbury Town. Is that a good distraction to have at this moment in time?
Adams. No! You would think not. You would think not. You would think that that's the least exciting game we could want at this time of our season, but it's there; it's in front of us; we're going to attack it; it's a semi-final of a cup competition; we've done very well in cup competitions this season and we will go out and give it a go.

Well he's said this f*** him
lets prove him wrong lets go there lets get pissed lets sing our hearts out ill be there with my mate
if they need be ill stand at the front and gee everyone up

We did this at Cambridge but still lost. If he puts out even a slightly weakened team, I'll be joining the anti-Adams brigade. But Marc's post does put him in a better light than WW's.

Last edited:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
We did this at Cambridge but still lost. If he puts out even a slightly weakened team, I'll be joining the anti-Adams brigade. But Marc's post does put him in a better light than WW's.
Can it actually get much weaker other than including Robinson?

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
It does seem a bit of a strange thing to come out with. I'd certainly like to hear his reasoning behind it.

Bloody hell, people are still moaning about McGhee's valid point about the Stoke game being pointless, what the hell are they going to make of this!!!

Thats a very good point about mcghee. I wonder what the pro adams lot would say about this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here