Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dons 4-1 Brighton

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Anyone who thinks that this season is going to be a walk in the part needs their head tested. I fear that we are going to struggle big time.

:nono:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
This is the perfect wake up call for Magoo.We had the worse defence with no natural goalscorer last season.What have we done about it this season?Signed just one uproven forward from non league GREAT.I think we will find this league harder then we anticipated and if you think we will be pushing for a play off place then you are sadly mistaken.Just look at the team overall.It really is weak with ethier kids or grandads.I will still stick my head out and say we will finish just above relegation

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
algie said:
This is the perfect wake up call for Magoo.We had the worse defence with no natural goalscorer last season.What have we done about it this season?Signed just one uproven forward from non league GREAT.I think we will find this league harder then we anticipated and if you think we will be pushing for a play off place then you are sadly mistaken.Just look at the team overall.It really is weak with ethier kids or grandads.I will still stick my head out and say we will finish just above relegation

For the first time I actually agree with that. I think we will struggle badly as that could be the team that starts next saturday

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
algie said:

I agree, we're in for a struggle this season.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Trouble is the squad finished last season looking like it needed major surgey, and no disrespect to Revell, but we've done diddly shit about it.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
chez said:
Hmm, so when we were winning all our friendlies they were "only friendlies" and counted for nothing, but now weve lost one they are no longer "only friendlies" but proof of certain relegation.

Unbloodybelievable!!! :nono:

Prove something though, defence is weak. We still have no striker who can hold up the ball for CKR and others, we've got to many old blokes and kids. I'm affraid we're heading for bottom six.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The only teams we have beaten are shit sides.Colchester have no manager and are going through major changes so we caught them at the right time.Play any stable PROVEN side ie Le Harve MK Dons and we get thumped.So how far have we really come from last year?

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Gritt23 said:
Trouble is the squad finished last season looking like it needed major surgey, and no disrespect to Revell, but we've done diddly shit about it.
Indeed.

We lost our best defender (although he wasn't really ours) and our best striker (although he wasn't really ours), signed up arguably our worst player from last season (Chippy :(), a player who played less than 20 games and is not trusted in his prefered position (Mayo) and a 33 year old with a broken ankle (Oatway), a 35 year old who looked past it at the end of the season (Butters) while letting go younger, arguably better players like Nicolas, McPhee, hell even McCammon, as well as getting rid of someone like Jarrett but keeping a dud like Loft.

We clearly needed AT LEAST three proven additions, so far none are forthcoming, we turned down Bagayoko when it's obvious we need defenders, especially full backs, all the other trialists bar Brittain have been hopeless.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Butters is 36 i think

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
the trouble is that mcghee will get some shitty defender like joe dolan (remember him?) and say everything will be fine.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
just got back from the game. It was awful. Long ball after long ball without anyone to hold it up or flick it on. CKR looked completely disinterested, had a few long range efforts but not much else. Hammond was pretty poor, just couldn't keep hold of the ball. One of their goals was clearly offside but even so, we were still terrible tonight.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
chez said:
Hmm, so when we were winning all our friendlies they were "only friendlies" and counted for nothing, but now weve lost one they are no longer "only friendlies" but proof of certain relegation.

Unbloodybelievable!!! :nono:

The friendlies we won were against crap opposition.

When we've come up against anyone half decent like Le Havre last week we've struggled badly.

Face facts mate we,re in for a rough ride this season.

caz

Aug 10, 2005
Silent Bob said:
Indeed.

We lost our best defender (although he wasn't really ours) and our best striker (although he wasn't really ours), signed up arguably our worst player from last season (Chippy :(), a player who played less than 20 games and is not trusted in his prefered position (Mayo) and a 33 year old with a broken ankle (Oatway), a 35 year old who looked past it at the end of the season (Butters) while letting go younger, arguably better players like Nicolas, McPhee, hell even McCammon, as well as getting rid of someone like Jarrett but keeping a dud like Loft.

We clearly needed AT LEAST three proven additions, so far none are forthcoming, we turned down Bagayoko when it's obvious we need defenders, especially full backs, all the other trialists bar Brittain have been hopeless.

COULD NOT HAVE PUT IT BETTER.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here