Brighton
What about the gillingham game? Was that a fix too?*

*No, I don't actually believe it was.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think we all know this, but interesting spot nonetheless.

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I think we already knew this to be fair, and I don't think anyone is disappointed with it, so don't see it as news really...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think we already knew this to be fair, and I don't think anyone is disappointed with it, so don't see it as news really...

Its only a blog not the ruddy Times. Just thought it was quite interesting and good to see the FL etc listening to the club and police. Restored my faith ever so slightly.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Its only a blog not the ruddy Times. Just thought it was quite interesting and good to see the FL etc listening to the club and police. Restored my faith ever so slightly.

I thought it was common practice for them to listen to the clubs and police when compiling fixtures. They've listened to us when we've asked for away games to start the season because of Pride.

Lush

Mods' Pet
"Spurs fans were involved in violent clashes with Brighton supporters during last season's friendly with Aberdeen."

Woot? And why? I expect it was little more than a lot of running about by a few idiots and nothing to get worked up about.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I know at County league level you can ask for specific games on specific dates and also ask for other tweaks in the fixtures calendar, such as dates not to be at home, etc. Wouldn't actually call it a fix as such, more a co-operative agreement.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Interesting stuff - something I suspected, but interesting to see it in print nevertheless.

Thanks [MENTION=95]Walt Jabsco[/MENTION]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
From that article:
"The fast-approaching visit of Tottenham will give them their first real test - particularly after Spurs fans were involved in violent clashes with Brighton supporters during last season's friendly with Aberdeen."

What - there was a friendly with Aberdeen, where Brighton and Tottenham fans clashed?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It has been known for years that the police rule football and as to when a game can be played. Had the computer put us at home toa well supported club with notorious troublemakers in their support the police would have just said No and that would have been No. Some years ago cup replays were on the week following the tie but the police decided they needed more time to arrange the overtime so the rules where changed to allow at least 7 days before a replay.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Shoddy journalism as ever, when was the Leeds game going to be on ITV ? 12th of NEVER as they don't hold a contract for Championship games.

If that FACT is wrong how much else is ?

1/10 for effort

Well that was what the copper said. Must have meant BBC. My bad. Hardly the end of the world though...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
"Spurs fans were involved in violent clashes with Brighton supporters during last season's friendly with Aberdeen."

Woot? And why? I expect it was little more than a lot of running about by a few idiots and nothing to get worked up about.

Aberdeen and Spurs have a long-running link. According to the police there were around 100 people involved and I believe there were 14 arrests from north and west London and Sussex. They are awaiting trial but have interim banning orders.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Shoddy journalism as ever, when was the Leeds game going to be on ITV ? 12th of NEVER as they don't hold a contract for Championship games.

If that FACT is wrong how much else is ?

1/10 for effort
Where does it say ITV?
0.5/10

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

From that article:
"The fast-approaching visit of Tottenham will give them their first real test - particularly after Spurs fans were involved in violent clashes with Brighton supporters during last season's friendly with Aberdeen."

What - there was a friendly with Aberdeen, where Brighton and Tottenham fans clashed?

Were you both asleep last summer? It all kicked off around Brighton Station and at pubs in Hanover. There were Tottenham flags in the Aberdean end at Withdean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here