Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Donny Rovers first game was a fix - by Police

Lush

Mods' Pet
Aberdeen and Spurs have a long-running link. According to the police there were around 100 people involved and I believe there were 14 arrests from north and west London and Sussex. They are awaiting trial but have interim banning orders.

So where do Brighton supporters come into it? Sounds like Sussex-based Tottenham fans to me. *sloppy*

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
So where do Brighton supporters come into it? Sounds like Sussex-based Tottenham fans to me. *sloppy*

*sigh* Aberdeen and Spurs fans were fighting Brighton fans. Aberdeen and Spurs have an historical link up, hence would not be fighting themselves.

I think it dates back to when Aberdeen fans used to come to London shopping for the latest casual garmants and sort of made friends with some Spurs lads. They then went to a few games together over the years, with London-based Aberdeen fans adopting Spurs. There have been quite a few accounts of Aberdeen turning out at White Hart Lane for matches against the likes of Chelsea.

My understanding of it was that the Spurs fans essentially 'represented' Aberdeen at last season's friendly, with a few Aberdeen lads who travelled.

Hence although it was a BHA vs Aberdeen game, the fighting was largely between BHA and Spurs.

To confuse matters, there were rumours there were a few Chelsea fans about as well.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
*sigh* Aberdeen and Spurs fans were fighting Brighton fans. Aberdeen and Spurs have an historical link up, hence would not be fighting themselves.

I think it dates back to when Aberdeen fans used to come to London shopping for the latest casual garmants and sort of made friends with some Spurs lads. They then went to a few games together over the years, with London-based Aberdeen fans adopting Spurs. There have been quite a few accounts of Aberdeen turning out at White Hart Lane for matches against the likes of Chelsea.

My understanding of it was that the Spurs fans essentially 'represented' Aberdeen at last season's friendly, with a few Aberdeen lads who travelled.

Hence although it was a BHA vs Aberdeen game, the fighting was largely between BHA and Spurs.

To confuse matters, there were rumours there were a few Chelsea fans about as well.

How gay is all that?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I also seem to remember hearing about 50 or so Aberdeen fans being caught up in trouble before a West Ham vs Spurs game in London.

No doubt spawned a few of those terrible half and half ski hats during the 80s...

Just seems weird.

Jan 30, 2008
"Spurs fans were involved in violent clashes with Brighton supporters during last season's friendly with Aberdeen."

Woot? And why? I expect it was little more than a lot of running about by a few idiots and nothing to get worked up about.
what a bell end :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here