Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Done for speeding!

Gluteus Maximus

Jul 10, 2003
Trumpton
If a speeder killed someone in your family, I'm sure they'd instantly turn into a "real criminal". In fact, I imagine you'd be posting on here saying the police are not doing enough to enforce the rules of the road, perpetrators get off lightly etc etc.

Exactly - and sadly I speak from experience. For me the traffic police can't do enough...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I like the Police, they stop folks being killed and stuff.

You know, it's taken me ages to work out which smiley to respond with here.

Should it be a :laugh:?

A :wave:?

A :cry:?

Perhaps a :thud: or a :salute:

A :tosser: was a brief possibility, but then I thought hey, he obviously knows far more about this subject than me.

So I'm just going to stick with a lengthy :yawn: followed by a Christmas :kiss: and my best wishes that none of your family ever get run over by a driver who thinks he knows better than everyone else.

xx

Why didn't you consider a :afro: you racist.

İbrahim Tatlıses;2721085 said:
If you honestly think a £30 fine is justified in this case then something's wrongs with you. There's applying the law, and then there's common sense. A regular police officer nine times out of ten would have let me off with a verbal warning.

If YOU'D applied common sense in the first place you would have had a seatbelt on and wouldn't have found yourself in the situation.

I'm sure there is a degree of picking on people; you are a young man, who are statistically the most likely to have an accident, so they probably wanted to try to teach you a lesson. At least all it cost you was £30, rather that than internal injuries when you crash and smash into the steering wheel.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If you honestly think a £30 fine is justified in this case then something's wrongs with you. There's applying the law, and then there's common sense. A regular police officer nine times out of ten would have let me off with a verbal warning.

Where do you draw the line though?

And therein lies the problem. If you are let off that often, where's the disincentive?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I think you will find that there is discretion allowed on the side of the police but, that is only because time and circumstances dictate that sometimes it's not possible to charge an offender.

The law is the law and as such, no one is above it, if you get let off then you have been lucky rather than given the standard treatment for breaking the law.You can't just expect to be let off as standard.

Well i suppose it was my fault then....what a f***ing wank stain you are :tosser:

Had to look back to see what UB had said to provoke this. Turns out all he said was
You are bound to get some poster telling you that it is your own fault, in a sanctimonious style.
It is annoying getting done, at least you got done for doing a decent speed on the main road.

I think it was the "sanctimonious style" bit he was criticising. Not the only off-beat answer to his post - he must be bewildered by this thread.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Had to look back to see what UB had said to provoke this. Turns out all he said was

I think it was the "sanctimonious style" bit he was criticising. Not the only off-beat answer to his post - he must be bewildered by this thread.

Just going on what has been said in previous 'Speeding' threads on NSC by a varierty of posters.

Still brightens up the day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here