Jul 5, 2003
at home
" get out the car you slag"

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
İbrahim Tatlıses;2719792 said:
Traffic police are the worst. Spineless, pathetic & petty scum of the roads. Clearly the ones who are too inept to become actual police officers.

Got whacked with a £30 fine a couple of months ago for.... not wearing a seatbelt coming out of my very residential road. No one else was even in the car. Bastards.

Good post and spot on.

Saying that i brought a car in sept over the weekend and forgot to swap my insurance over.I was stopped in B/Hill, reported and heard nothing of it.So thanks to the police for showing common sense.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
What did they say to you when you stopped?

"Top driving sir, the way you took that corner back there was wicked. Love the way you held the slide before leaping on the power."

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Most police were obviously taunted at school. Traffic police however obvioulsy had the absolute shit kicked out of them, their mothers must be so ashamed

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The question is if you dived in and admitted it.. "yeah I was in a rush blah blah blah" or if you let them do the talking and just said "whatever you say".. the worst that can happen if you pay your fine, and possibly get points, which you'd get anyway if you admit. The best that can happen is they don't fancy the hassle and let you off.

The key is the difference between not commenting and denial.. and whether or not the guy who stopped you is a twat/near the end of shift.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't want to piss you off Gritt but both my daughter and her boyfriend have been stopped by unmarked police cars in the last month for speeding...and both let off with a warning....

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Gritt it is more important to your family that you arrive safely,if you cannot control your urge to break speed limits then it would be an advantage to all if you used public transport in future, YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Traffic police are the worst. Spineless, pathetic & petty scum of the roads. Clearly the ones who are too inept to become actual police officers.

Got whacked with a £30 fine a couple of months ago for.... not wearing a seatbelt coming out of my very residential road. No one else was even in the car. Bastards.

I love this thread. How they slag the old bill off for no reason .....but hang on, i got done for not wearing a seatbelt (a legal requirement under the road traffic act) :bowdown: priceless :clap2:

You are bound to get some poster telling you that it is your own fault, in a santimonious style

Well i suppose it was my fault then....what a f***ing wank stain you are :tosser:

they should be out catching real criminals. Guess it boosts their ego's and gets them their "charge" stats for the day

If a speeder killed someone in your family, I'm sure they'd instantly turn into a "real criminal". In fact, I imagine you'd be posting on here saying the police are not doing enough to enforce the rules of the road, perpetrators get off lightly etc etc.

If it's any comfort to you - I have just heard through the grapevine that you were destined to run over a little girl the SAME AGE as your daughter.
However, a Volvo was dispatched just at the right moment in time to STOP you.
The charge though, for this incredible coincidence is £60.
Worth it?

p.s. I just got another message....it says you were due to miss Christmas with your family, and New Years too. It ends "Happy Holidays" and then there's some crimson velvet with white trim, as well as some holly.

Last edited:

If it's any comfort to you - I have just heard through the grapevine that you were destined to run over a little girl the SAME AGE as your daughter.
However, a Volvo was dispatched just at the right moment in time to STOP you.
The charge though, for this incredible coincidence is £60.
Worth it?

p.s. I just got another message....it says you were due to miss Christmas with your family, and New Years too. It ends "Happy Holidays" and then there's some crimson velvet with white trim, as well as some holly.

Aha, someone who thinks just like me about irresponsibility, consequences and repercussions. eg I never, ever flash drivers who have forgotten to put on their lights at night; that action could lead to a death by preventing the possibly inebriated driver from being pulled over. We need to think along the lines of "how exactly am I going to spend those two minutes I saved by driving like an idiot, and is there a possibility it could cost somebody decades". None of us have a "Ziggy" ,as in
Ziggy - Quantum Leap - Features | Galleries | Technology | Gadgets - MSN Tech Gadgets UK

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
But the chances of killing someone increases the proportion you go above the speed limit in an area and if you do hit someone the chances of them dying, increases even more substantialy over 20 MPH.

Surely the faster you go the less chance you've got of hitting someone as you would have passed them by the time they start crossing the road?

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
You are bound to get some poster telling you that it is your own fault, in a santimonious style.

It is annoying getting done, at least you got done for doing a decent speed on the main road.

UB how can it possibly be anyone else's fault? I got done last month on camera on Falmer Rd (not the permenant one, a mobile one by Happy Valley) who can I blame?, Henry Kissinger? It was me doing 44:dunce: and yes I know it's not big or clever, it's certainly made me think

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

So its much safer to fiddle around putting on your seltbelt once you get onto a faster road then ???

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Good post and spot on.

Saying that i brought a car in sept over the weekend and forgot to swap my insurance over.I was stopped in B/Hill, reported and heard nothing of it.So thanks to the police for showing common sense.

So you were driving without insurance then?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Most police were obviously taunted at school. Traffic police however obvioulsy had the absolute shit kicked out of them, their mothers must be so ashamed

You know, it's taken me ages to work out which smiley to respond with here.

Should it be a :laugh:?

A :wave:?

A :cry:?

Perhaps a :thud: or a :salute:

A :tosser: was a brief possibility, but then I thought hey, he obviously knows far more about this subject than me.

So I'm just going to stick with a lengthy :yawn: followed by a Christmas :kiss: and my best wishes that none of your family ever get run over by a driver who thinks he knows better than everyone else.

xx

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Could it be that the wearing of a seatbelt is discretionary then ? I thought that it was obligatory ?.. i.e. the law
How cruel and inhumane of those dreadful policemen to take you to task.. I'm sure you would have remembered to put your seat belt on when it suited you to do so .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here