Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doncaster Rovers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Any news on Buckley? He walked off looking ok, unlike Bruno, who had to be helped off.

Brief summary: We bossed the first half then lost our way in the 2nd until they scored. In the end it should've been 4-1; Andrews will have been disappointed not to score in a 1 on 1.

The ref seemed to have it in for Barnes. He was getting bullied off the ball all game by their centre half, who didn't get penalised. However, the first time that he got in a tangle with Lita he got booked and Spanish Dave did what he does best from the free kick.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think people underestimate the impact of not having Bridcutt, Orlandi, Ulloa and CMS. I fancy Gus would have fared no better with the players left over. Oscar just needs to keep us in the hunt and I think he'll manage to do that.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Any home team 1-0 down at half time are going to come out for the second half fighting. Losing Bruno with Calde coming on cold didn’t help and then losing Buckley, replaced with a slow to get going Lopez I felt Donny were certain of scoring.

We deserved what we got, including conceding the goal.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Its not often you see two spectacular Albion goals in one game. JFC celebrated Bonfire Night a few days early with a 35 yard rocket and the Spanish Dave free kick was exquisite and sublime. Spanish Dave was so happy with his effort that he ran all the way back to the dugout for the jubilant celebrations with Oscar & Co.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Glad that Gus isn't in charge anymore , after Donny equalised it would have been acceptable to him to take the draw. Oscar went for it and both of those subs scored.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We're now only two points worse off than we were after this many games last season, and the season before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here