Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doncaster - our EASIEST game of the season!

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
I wouldn't agree it'll be an easy game, but I do think the thread title is somewhat correct. This is one of our easiest games this season, but it won't be a cakewalk, we will still have to work for it. There won't be any more games like the Plymouth match last season where nobody seems to even break a sweat and we still win.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Very bad to even contemplate that ANY game in this division will be easy.
Championship is harder than the Premiership !
Donny have been there for a while and know what its all about.
Every game home and away will be difficult, lets stay up first season anything better will be brilliant ! HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY TODAY , I KNOW I WILL !!

oldpopsider

Aug 6, 2011
Hello, Donny fan in peace here. Well there is certainly diverse opinion about the Rovers capabilities on here. Let me just point out to you that until our side was ravaged by injuries we were up towards the top of the Championship last season. Then one by one the injuries came in, eventually we had 17 first teamers on the injury list. That meant we lost players from all positions and lost all momentum we had gathered early on. Sean O'Driscoll has made some shrewd signings in past seasons and has done so again this close season. The majority of the so called pundits have written us off before the season has even started, well I think that those who have us marked to be relegated this season are in for a nasty shock. I can safely say that O'Driscoll won't change the style of football Rovers play and that style is going to see us finish the season in the top half of the division. As for Brighton, well I think that going into a new stadium will give you fresh impetus and you will be mid-table finishers.

Good luck to you all in your new shiny stadium and enjoy the up coming season.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
If you can't be optimistic about your own team without being shot down in flames, it is a pretty poor show. The fact is, if we play like we did against Spurs we should win by a couple of clear goals. We have the strongest players, i firmly believe that.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
What an embarrassing thread. It's threads like this that are going or have given us a bad name.

I don't care what other fans think. This is a Brighton messageboard and i am PROUD to be an Albion fan.

I have the healthiest respect for Doncaster and their fans BUT i am just saying i am extremely CONFIDENT we will win. What is wrong with that?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Absolute rubbish. Donny have a £3m striker in Sharp and a squad full of Championship experience. They were flirting with the top half until being ravaged with injury last season. If we carry this attitude into any game this season we are in big trouble.

I agree, now if this were the PLAYERS thinking like this, we would be in big trouble.

However, they are not.

I am though! Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggguuuuuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllsssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I remember similar billy big b*llocks threads before we played Southampton at the end of last season and look what happened there.

I actually think this will be one of our harder games as we are still settling into the new ground and Doncaster are a passing side so will be harder to frustrate with our style of play.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Our defence worries me, we could be this season's Peterborough, as I think we will score a few too.

It seems we have conceded soft goals in just about all our pre-season games, can our defence just up their game when it matters? I'm surprised Gus hasn't shored it up tbh

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Looking at their paper thin squad and lack of quality in depth, i think unfortunately Donny could well finish bottom this season.

Therefore, I expect tomorrow to be our easiest game of the season. Forget all this "no easy games" nonsense, we should win by at least 2 or 3 clear goals.

That's jinxed that then. Our only hope is that Spielberg has gone LARGE on Donny! :lol:

Jun 24, 2010
Goring
I remember similar billy big b*llocks threads before we played Southampton at the end of last season and look what happened there.

I actually think this will be one of our harder games as we are still settling into the new ground and Doncaster are a passing side so will be harder to frustrate with our style of play.

This! Donny play good football and have a tasty forward line with sharp in it. No game will be easy this season, and I actually think rovers might be on often tougher ones.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Thank you LB, most up here are . You got a ticket for tomorrow ? This is an enjoyable forum like the Palarse one, it's good to shop around for footy news and other non-insular views.

I'll be there, WSU... 11.06am train from Victoria, can't wait!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here