Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doncaster - our EASIEST game of the season!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Looking at their paper thin squad and lack of quality in depth, i think unfortunately Donny could well finish bottom this season.

Therefore, I expect tomorrow to be our easiest game of the season. Forget all this "no easy games" nonsense, we should win by at least 2 or 3 clear goals.

You'll be disappointed with that prediction :lol:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
They gave us a footballing lesson n the 1st half.

Lack of squad and the injuries they took today won't help their cause.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I wouldn't say they gave us a footballing lesson in the first half, I thought it was pretty even.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I think the result was a fair one overall.

KLL was our only real threat in the first half, and the ref bottled a red for the fouls on him - then booked him for what should or at least could, have been a penalty. I think the whole thing got to our players today.

When we eventually got going, we showed what we can do, and I am sure this match will not be a true indication of our prospects for the season.

Hopefully, the love-in with Donny can now end.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
If they were the easiest team we'll play, we ain't half going to take some hidings this season !!!!

I agree and sad to say, whilst seated in line with our by-line, it seemed yet another soft goal to have conceded, so I look forward to seeing it on 'The Football League Show' or whatever.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I think the result was a fair one overall.

KLL was our only real threat in the first half, and the ref bottled a red for the fouls on him - then booked him for what should or at least could, have been a penalty. I think the whole thing got to our players today.

When we eventually got going, we showed what we can do, and I am sure this match will not be a true indication of our prospects for the season.

Hopefully, the love-in with Donny can now end.

One of the eternal questions, did Donny give the ref a lift on their team coach ?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
:lolol:Hands up and fair play to Doncaster. They play the game the right way. I'll get the thread team title changed to Palace!! :blush:

So hacking our players to bits is the right way? Thankfully, football outside Yorkshire looks to have moved on since those days. Is Bremner still a hero in Yorkshire?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
On paper we should not have had any problems in taking the three points,however ten minutes before normal full time I would have been happy to share the points.
This league is not going to be as easy as some are predicting.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
On paper we should not have had any problems in taking the three points,however ten minutes before normal full time I would have been happy to share the points.
This league is not going to be as easy as some are predicting.

Oh I think it could well be. When our players knuckled down to their jobs, our play was outstanding. There was too much pressure for your young players from the start today. When they got over it, they showed some real class.

I am still oh so excited about our prospects for the coming season.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
They gave us a footballing lesson n the 1st half.

Lack of squad and the injuries they took today won't help their cause.

Can't agree with that, we looked just as classy on the ball as they did. They got their goal and that was the summit of their ambition. We matched them for passing and movement in the first half, and could have had the lead when Barnes was through. Doncaster are a good team, but they will be struggling at the wrong end of the table purely because there's nothing too special about them, apart from Sharp. Great shame to see him get injured, for their sake.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Did you read the bit about them being ravaged by injury? They have also strengthened. We have a good chance of winning if we play at the top of our game, anything less and we could get beat, as in any game this season.

12 in the last 4 away games...& they are still 'ravaged'...we are now 29 'competitive' games unbeaten at home

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
12 in the last 4 away games...& they are still 'ravaged'...we are now 29 'competitive' games unbeaten at home

Haha, not sure that stat counts!

I agree with those saying they did give us a bit of a schooling first half, they moved the ball about brilliantly at times and we looked a bit nervous (understandable given the occassion). I think going a goal down in the first half helped us clear away the nerves as it meant we had no option but to attack second half

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Doncaster are not the best team in this league, they're roughly mid table. Bear in mind they were having HUGE problems with injuries and we only scrapped it - I just hope it's a wake up call to a lot on here. Yes, we will do OK this season - but it's a step up and doing well will be a slog.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here