Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doncaster info

Alan Cundle

May 22, 2008
Brighton
Alan, I'm pretty sure the Tut will have the football on I have watched games in their in the past, walkabout will be OK probably the only pub I'd recommend avoiding is the Yorkshire Grey which has seen a bit of football related disorder recently. There was trouble at the Tut last week v Pboro but I think that was down to the number of boro fans in the area that were out for bother rather than our unruley element basing themselves there.
Anyway if the Tut hasn't got football on turn left out of there and after about 30 yards look right & you will see a precinct area walk up there for about 2 minutes & walkabout is on your left.

Thanks drfc1, there will be about 20 of us so we wouldn't like to attract any unwanted attention. Looking to avoid any potential trouble - will try one or the other.

drfc1

Jul 28, 2011
Thanks drfc1, there will be about 20 of us so we wouldn't like to attract any unwanted attention. Looking to avoid any potential trouble - will try one or the other.
Alan You won't have a problem even in a group of 20, there's arseholes in every walk of life but in general you will find Donny a pleasant place & trouble is easily avoided. As with every town in the country anyone looking for it will eventually find some but if your out for a good day on the ale you will enjoy our town.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
This may have been covered already, apologies if it has, but what is the quickest way to get back from the ground afterwards (I need to catch a 5.30pm train home)? Does the matchday traffic take a taxi out of the equation?

drfc1

Jul 28, 2011
This may have been covered already, apologies if it has, but what is the quickest way to get back from the ground afterwards (I need to catch a 5.30pm train home)? Does the matchday traffic take a taxi out of the equation?

Brian, I would imagine that it will be roughly the same time to get a taxi through the traffic as it would be to walk. You can do the walk in about 20 minutes if you get your skates on / 30 minutes strolling. There is a slightly quicker way to walk but may be difficult to explain (but I'll give it a go)
Out of the ground & walk to the road, head right past Athletics stadium, at the end of the road you can only go left (you will see the traffic) after maybe 50 yard or so on the right hand side there is a small walkway go down there & it brings you out on the (horrible looking) estate. Plenty of people use this way so you shouldn't get lost.Once on one of the few side streets walk to the top where you will come to a dual carriage way (Carr House Road) turn left & you will see a roundabout.Cross the dual carriageway (as if you are doing a right at the roundabout) and follow the dual carriageway (cross to left hand side) go past a mini roundabout on to the next roundabout (theres a texaco garage on the right hand side).Straight over the roundabout (or under the subway) & the train station is a few hundred yards on the left.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Brian, I would imagine that it will be roughly the same time to get a taxi through the traffic as it would be to walk. You can do the walk in about 20 minutes if you get your skates on / 30 minutes strolling. There is a slightly quicker way to walk but may be difficult to explain (but I'll give it a go)
Out of the ground & walk to the road, head right past Athletics stadium, at the end of the road you can only go left (you will see the traffic) after maybe 50 yard or so on the right hand side there is a small walkway go down there & it brings you out on the (horrible looking) estate. Plenty of people use this way so you shouldn't get lost.Once on one of the few side streets walk to the top where you will come to a dual carriage way (Carr House Road) turn left & you will see a roundabout.Cross the dual carriageway (as if you are doing a right at the roundabout) and follow the dual carriageway (cross to left hand side) go past a mini roundabout on to the next roundabout (theres a texaco garage on the right hand side).Straight over the roundabout (or under the subway) & the train station is a few hundred yards on the left.

Cheers mate, much appreciated :thumbsup:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Does my bum look big in this ?

303f69bf8c2d4cc65104b73ec50e5e92.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mind you not a bad rack

drfc1

Jul 28, 2011
If i park at the dome, can you recommened a good pub on the walk from the dome to the ground?
You have 3 choices Porky, The Icebreaker bar at the Dome which has Sky TV & does good food (or did the last time i was in) The Cheswold is en route to the ground (Brewers Fayre/Kiddie play area type place) & the bar on the west stand side of the ground.

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
You have 3 choices Porky, The Icebreaker bar at the Dome which has Sky TV & does good food (or did the last time i was in) The Cheswold is en route to the ground (Brewers Fayre/Kiddie play area type place) & the bar on the west stand side of the ground.

Thanks mate:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here