Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doncaster info

drfc1

Jul 28, 2011
Can you recommend some real ale pubs near the railway station and hopefully give directions
Best one is Tut & Shive , come out of the station over the dual carriageway & your there (2 mins walk tops), the railway (turn right as you come out of the station & it's there does a decent pint, as does Masons in Market Place & White swan next to Frenchgate Centre. Theres the Plough next door to Tut n Shive & a couple of Spoons that do real ale.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Best one is Tut & Shive , come out of the station over the dual carriageway & your there (2 mins walk tops), the railway (turn right as you come out of the station & it's there does a decent pint, as does Masons in Market Place & White swan next to Frenchgate Centre. Theres the Plough next door to Tut n Shive & a couple of Spoons that do real ale.

Cheers fella

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have a question... why does your forum generally blame Dunk for your season? Bit OTT isn't it?
It's understandable. If I remember correctly, Billy died in the challenge.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Billy don't be a hero..........

:cool:

Attachments

• 073.jpg
    073.jpg
    743.2 KB · Views: 64

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
You can park in Stoops Lane but it is one hell of a trek to the ground, it might looks close on google earth but to walk would take around 45 minutes (some of it uphill !).

Really? It looks like there's a little alleway that leeds through to the lake?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Hope this works
dn5_2007
1= Railway Station, 2= Dome Lesuire Centre, 3= Cheswold Brewes Fayre, 4= Hyde Park WMC.
Notters, Looking a Stoops Lane it looks like you can take a short over the railway lane which will make it around 20 minutes.

I've got to get to the train station after the game mate but am thinking of walking back to family (who are driving) car parked at the Dome after the game and get them to drop me off. Do you think that would be worth it or will traffic be so heavy I may as well just walk from the ground straight to the station?

drfc1

Jul 28, 2011
Really? It looks like there's a little alleway that leeds through to the lake?

I posted yesterday that there looks to be a path over the railway line through the new housing estate. TBH honest unless you need to be at Stoops Lane for a reason it would be quicker to park at the Dome (& easily to get away after) but you would be fine parking at Stoops Lane.

drfc1

Jul 28, 2011
I've got to get to the train station after the game mate but am thinking of walking back to family (who are driving) car parked at the Dome after the game and get them to drop me off. Do you think that would be worth it or will traffic be so heavy I may as well just walk from the ground straight to the station?

It would be about the same time wise mate, traffic shouldn't be a problem if you decide to walk back to the Dome & get a lift.

Alan Cundle

May 22, 2008
Brighton
I take it the Tut & Shive will not be showing the Liv v Ars game at 12.45?
We were thinking of going to the Walkabout for the game, is it OK or full of dodgy folk?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
If the owner sets fire to the stand I'm in,will I be able to get out easily?

drfc1

Jul 28, 2011
I take it the Tut & Shive will not be showing the Liv v Ars game at 12.45?
We were thinking of going to the Walkabout for the game, is it OK or full of dodgy folk?

Alan, I'm pretty sure the Tut will have the football on I have watched games in their in the past, walkabout will be OK probably the only pub I'd recommend avoiding is the Yorkshire Grey which has seen a bit of football related disorder recently. There was trouble at the Tut last week v Pboro but I think that was down to the number of boro fans in the area that were out for bother rather than our unruley element basing themselves there.
Anyway if the Tut hasn't got football on turn left out of there and after about 30 yards look right & you will see a precinct area walk up there for about 2 minutes & walkabout is on your left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here