Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doncaster Away

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
This is one I have been looking forward to since the fixtures came out, reckon it will turn into one big love fest, to be honest I am not even that bothered by the result as the atmosphere should be something special.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Ok figured out the train bit (went for the highly touted fare-dodging option), now I just have to work out how to get from the Doncaster station to the ground, is it suitable to walk there?

Last edited:

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
not checked out enguineering but if you get cheap train tickets to manchester with virgin which you should be still able to get, its only an hour accross the penines to donny, not expensive id imagine either and at least 4 trains an hour

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by seagull4life
I just have to work out how to get from the Doncaster station to the ground, is it suitable to walk there?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
anyone?

Yeah, it's not too bad. A couple of miles maximum, with a few pubs on route. A pleasant enough walk, or you can get a cab or a bus if pushed for time.

I used to live just outside Donny and it certainly isn't far as I recall. Have a look at streetmap.co.uk. Train station is slap bang in middle of town, and Belle Vue is opposite the race course, which is on the eastern side Donny, on the Bawtry Road.

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Zesh Rehman 34 said:
have to go, Brighton and Doncaster fans are just in love with eachother :love:

Yup - let's make this an away day to remember! We owe the Donny fans for all the support they have showed us in the past and to be fair we have always backed them too. Would be great if we filled the away end. I for one, for once, wouldn't even mind if we took so many that I ended up being locked outside.

Let's get as many there as possible

:dance: :ascarf::dance: :ascarf: :dance:

Brighton & Doncaster United

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
really looking forward to this one :clap2:

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Uncle Buck said:
Batty is around that day, not sure if he is going to the game.

He is going to let his friends know that there are about 30 drunks heading up and going out in town and he said all pubs are fair game.

He was in his usual seat in his usual pub on Saturday.

Excellent news. When I bumped into Batty in Stuttgart he was with a few of the Donny lads that follow England. They said they will be in contact with Batty about meeting us for a few beers that day.

Shame were not staying over and stopping at that same B&B again

Nothing to do with "Liverpool and Doncaster could soon host Britain's first Dutch-style red-light districts, under radical proposals unveiled today by David Blunkett, the Home Secretary."!!!!!(This was announced back in 2004 - guess nothing came of this?)

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Mr Blobby said:
Excellent news. When I bumped into Batty in Stuttgart he was with a few of the Donny lads that follow England. They said they will be in contact with Batty about meeting us for a few beers that day.

Shame were not staying over and stopping at that same B&B again

Nothing to do with "Liverpool and Doncaster could soon host Britain's first Dutch-style red-light districts, under radical proposals unveiled today by David Blunkett, the Home Secretary."!!!!!(This was announced back in 2004 - guess nothing came of this?)

My memory of Doncaster was Doc's Munk Fish Balti....

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I am seriously looking forward to this one.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
How big will our allocation be?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Uncle Buck said:
You know something will go wrong...

Yep, that's why I'm seriously looking forward to it.

A little bird told me that you may be in charge of organising Eaton's stag do. Is there any truth in this rumour?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here