Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dog towed behind car.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Or indeed any other animal.

I don't think there is any doubt that this was a revoltingly cruel thing to do if it was done deliberately, and my concern would be to wonder what that person might do to a vulnerable person if they are capable of doing that to an animal. Does anyone actually know the maximum sentence that could be handed out for this crime if it was found to be done deliberately? I'd hope it was in the region of 3-6 months.

It was all an unfortunate accident. See today's Argus. I am not sure I beagle-ieve the story though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It was all an unfortunate accident. See today's Argus. I am not sure I beagle-ieve the story though.
I would always have guessed it was an unfortunate accident in all honesty. In fact, it seems fairly obvious that it was an accident IMO. If you wanted to get rid of a dog, I'd have thought there were far less messy and less conspicuous ways of doing so than dragging it behind your Porsche at speed.

What I am saying though, is that if it hadn't been an accident, a custodial sentence would be appropriate because that person is a menace to society and probably a genuine risk to vulnerable people in society.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Damler started off killing, mutilating and torturing animals as a kid in his back yard. 15 years later, there were numerous severed human heads in his fridge ( which he cut up, cooked and ate by the way ) so on numerous occassions it is a sign of a f***ed up individual who has no boundaries and should be a warning imo. I believe the bloke did it deliberately, as an act to get back at his ex, whose dog it was , when she dumped him. Thats my verdict but lets see. Whatever happened he is not going to say " yes I decided to drag my dog for 6 miles behind my car because I could ", he will say " it was an accident, I forgot I had tied him to the bumper ".

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Whatever happened he is not going to say " yes I decided to drag my dog for 6 miles behind my car because I could ", he will say " it was an accident, I forgot I had tied him to the bumper ".
Obviously.

But why didn't he just poison it or chuck it in a river if he wanted to kill it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Damler started off killing, mutilating and torturing animals as a kid in his back yard. 15 years later, there were numerous severed human heads in his fridge ( which he cut up, cooked and ate by the way ) so on numerous occassions it is a sign of a f***ed up individual who has no boundaries and should be a warning imo. I believe the bloke did it deliberately, as an act to get back at his ex, whose dog it was , when she dumped him. Thats my verdict but lets see. Whatever happened he is not going to say " yes I decided to drag my dog for 6 miles behind my car because I could ", he will say " it was an accident, I forgot I had tied him to the bumper ".

His story is that it was a dog, which had been tied up somewhere, had slipped its lead and was running loose. The Porsche sadly ran it over and it got tangled up underneath the car and dragged along. The polcie said the owners had not been informed of the dog's death; I presume they have not been traced yet.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
His story is that it was a dog, which had been tied up somewhere, had slipped its lead and was running loose. The Porsche sadly ran it over and it got tangled up underneath the car and dragged along. The polcie said the owners had not been informed of the dog's death; I presume they have not been traced yet.

Is this serious HT ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Obviously.

But why didn't he just poison it or chuck it in a river if he wanted to kill it?

Not enough pain, carnage.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Obviously.

it's a dog, rivers are for kittens Sim.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Thats complete horseshit though HT don't you think ?.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thats complete horseshit though HT don't you think ?.

I cannot say. It seems plausible. I'm not a driver so I cannot say I believe or disbelieve his story with confidence. Has anyone on here ever not noticed running something over and had it caught up under their car for a few miles?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Good point well made.

We don't actually KNOW the facts. Why is it you would rather believe that a man with a porsche DELIBERATELY tied a dog to his bumper and drove it at speed for 6 miles, plain as day?

Bloke drives a car, accidentally runs over a loose dog on the way, dogs lead in a split second gets tangled up in the car machinery, dog is then dragged for 6 miles without it coming loose, bloke does not notice he has a fairly sizeable object being dragged from his car and does not notice any noise or other cars alerting him. Seems a bit unlikely to me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bloke drives a car, accidentally runs over a loose dog on the way, dogs lead in a split second gets tangled up in the car machinery, dog is then dragged for 6 miles without it coming loose, bloke does not notice he has a fairly sizeable object being dragged from his car and does not notice any noise or other cars alerting him. Seems a bit unlikely to me.

Remember it was a Porshe which are quite loud and throaty sounding cars so the noise might not have been evident. But, he was flashed and after a few flashes he pulled over to find the dog....or what was left of it.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

I see the lynch mob have brought reinforcements.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
But animals are also selfless, loving and loyal creatures.

Even when they jump over the garden fence and start eating next door's baby's FACE? Is that an act of selfless love and loyalty? Eating an innocent baby's face?

i mean the bollocks that there just animals is pathetic, there no different from us really

Is this really true? When you enter a public space containing a large crowd of people - say, the WSU concourse before a game, as an example - do you react by uninvitedly sniffing the bottom of the person nearest to you, prompting that person in turn to become scared and stare rigidly ahead into space while you do so, only occasionally glancing to the side to see who's doing the sniffing?

Personally I've never done this nor seen it done.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Was it really 'an unfortunate accident'..?

The only thing I can see is a statement from the driver, issued through his solicitor saying...."it was a tragic accident"......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

The police say the driver is bailed until Dec 14th. Presumably pending further enquiries, including a post mortem on the dog etc to be carried out later this week.

No doubt in the end it will come down to whether the CPS deem it a 'win-able' case......and unfortunately, cost will have the greatest bearing on the outcome of their decision......IMHO.

If there is more to this story online...could you tell us where to source it.....?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
When you enter a public space containing a large crowd of people - do you react by uninvitedly sniffing the bottom of the person nearest to you, prompting that person in turn to become scared and stare rigidly ahead into space while you do so, only occasionally glancing to the side to see who's doing the sniffing?

I miss Club Barcelona on West Street too.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The 911’s owner Karen Mangat-Sadler said her 33-year-old partner hit the Beagle-Collie cross when it strayed on to the road.

Mrs Mangat-Sadler, 41, from Worthing, West Sussex, said: “He thought he had missed it. But as he drove along other motorists kept flashing their lights at him.

Read more: Porsche driver didn't know he had dragged dog to death - mirror.co.uk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here