Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dog towed behind car.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm inclined to believe his missus wouldn't have gone & identified herself to a national newspaper if she was in any doubt as to his story, as they will inevitably still face abuse from certain elements who don't believe them. Why name yourself when you don't have to?

Direct Dave

Oct 26, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised if 10 minutes earlier in the height of the Devils Dyke dogging session, there was a 41 year old man tied to the back of the Porsche too.
I guess the old bill will have trouble finding witnesses, who'll admit to being up there at 10 at night.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If he's telling the truth, the only thing he's done wrong (legally) is failing to report the matter to police as soon as reasonably practicable within 24 hours, as you're obliged to do if you're involved in a collision with certain animals, dogs being one.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
The 911’s owner Karen Mangat-Sadler said her 33-year-old partner hit the Beagle-Collie cross when it strayed on to the road.

Mrs Mangat-Sadler, 41, from Worthing, West Sussex, said: “He thought he had missed it. But as he drove along other motorists kept flashing their lights at him.

Read more: Porsche driver didn't know he had dragged dog to death - mirror.co.uk

Interesting....but doesn't quite align itself with the original story (in the Argus) that the car was seen at 10.00pm in a car park at Devils Dyke 'dragging a dog'.....and then again 30 minutes later at Southwick tunnel. Doesn't every driver with a modicum of intelligence know that you have to report an accident involving a vehicle and a dog.....? Not just dump it at the roadside, bugger off home.....and then pop down to the local constabulary 24 hours later (very convenient), when it hits the headlines and looking pretty obvious that as a 'porsche Carrera' (and therefore quite easily traceable) is involved.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
love the quote in the Argus attributed to his wife, 'he's from Belgium and didn't realise he should have reported it to the police' .........

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
If he's telling the truth, the only thing he's done wrong (legally) is failing to report the matter to police as soon as reasonably practicable within 24 hours, as you're obliged to do if you're involved in a collision with certain animals, dogs being one.

Oops....glad you put that about reporting the incident.....I was busy, slowly typing my reply to US and didn't see it.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
do you react by uninvitedly sniffing the bottom of the person nearest to you, prompting that person in turn to become scared and stare rigidly ahead into space while you do so, only occasionally glancing to the side to see who's doing the sniffing?

Personally I've never done this nor seen it done.

Then you never went to the fans forum mettings with the supporters club and Dick Knight

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
love the quote in the Argus attributed to his wife, 'he's from Belgium and didn't realise he should have reported it to the police' .........

But she should. I guess she was not in the car with him and is just taking his side of events.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Even when they jump over the garden fence and start eating next door's baby's FACE? Is that an act of selfless love and loyalty? Eating an innocent baby's face?

Is this really true? When you enter a public space containing a large crowd of people - say, the WSU concourse before a game, as an example - do you react by uninvitedly sniffing the bottom of the person nearest to you, prompting that person in turn to become scared and stare rigidly ahead into space while you do so, only occasionally glancing to the side to see who's doing the sniffing?

Personally I've never done this nor seen it done.

I think you'll find there are many human beings who exhibit anti-social behaviour akin to that you describe.

I imagine you've had some sort of trauma in your life with a dog?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Dogs like to walk past another dog and to sneek up behind the other Dog and sniff its arse in a rather sly way. It is true the receiving dog has a look of concern on its face but just stands there and takes it. My dog also likes to ration his piss to last the whole 2 mile walk and sprays it about 50 times at least in various spots on the downs. He also likes to lick other dogs wee. Its dog etiquette.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I cannot say. It seems plausible. I'm not a driver so I cannot say I believe or disbelieve his story with confidence. Has anyone on here ever not noticed running something over and had it caught up under their car for a few miles?

Highly unlikely. I've never hit a big animal but have hit a squirrel, pigeon and a rabbit. All three of those made quite a big noise, you definitely know about it.

I've seen two friends cars that have hit badgers and they destroyed the front bumper of the car.

It seems what this bloke is trying to say is that the dog ran under his rear wheels while he was driving and then bacame caught by it's lead and dragged along. Had that happened it would've made a massive bang, I can't believe you wouldn't get out to see what you'd hit (as you wouldn't know it was a dog at that point)

I'm not trying to second guess what actually happened, but that story doesn't make sense to me.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
But she should

But this was, what, 10pm? Maybe they decided to pop down the police station the next day as most won't be open at that time of night.

Or maybe she didn't know the laws either. Plenty of people don't.

Do you know which animals you are legally obliged to report a collision with and which ones you don't?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
You'd love to know what the guys excuse was, wouldn't you? I mean, is he going to claim he tied the dog up earlier in the day and then forgot about it when he drove off? Yeah, right!

Either way, it won't be long before it makes the national newspapers, and then if he gets charged and his name gets out, he can expect a few hundred crank calls and death threats as happened to that mad old biddy who lobbed the cat in the wheelie bin.

"Sorry officer I thought this was what "dogging" is all about"....

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Dogs like to walk past another dog and to sneek up behind the other Dog and sniff its arse in a rather sly way. It is true the receiving dog has a look of concern on its face but just stands there and takes it. My dog also likes to ration his piss to last the whole 2 mile walk and sprays it about 50 times at least in various spots on the downs. He also likes to lick other dogs wee. Its dog etiquette.

No wonder dogs aren't allowed to go "dogging" then. "just stands there and takes it"? Oooheerrrr Missus.

Amahwrang

I usually am
Feb 2, 2011
Glasgow
But this was, what, 10pm? Maybe they decided to pop down the police station the next day as most won't be open at that time of night.

Or maybe she didn't know the laws either. Plenty of people don't.

Do you know which animals you are legally obliged to report a collision with and which ones you don't?

Wild animals no but domestic including most farm animals yes

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset

Sorry, I was trying to add a little humour to a truly sad post........bit of a 'he's from Barcelona' moment.........yes I am a dog owner and agree it's tragic .

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wild animals no but domestic including most farm animals yes

You must stop and/or report collisions with

Cattle
Horses
Sheep
Pigs
Donkeys
Dogs
Goats.

Oh, and mules. You have to report a vehicle-mule collision. Lots of them about- be careful out there. Something like a llama would be a tricky one. On paper, it's not classed as an animal by the legislation relating to traffic accidents, however as it would presumably be somebody's property, and you have to report an accident involving damage to someone's property other than your own, then I'd say you need to be calling the police if you run over any llamas. Unless you're in Peru, and they're roaming wild.

You have not been charged for this advice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here