Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dog killer - is 6 months long enough?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
BBC NEWS | England | Sussex | Man jailed for stabbing pet dog

A man has been jailed for six months for stabbing his own dog 55 times and abandoning it in a park in Brighton.

Patrick Walker, 36, from Brighton, was also banned from having an animal for life by magistrates on Thursday.

The chairman told him the offence was so serious that only a custodial sentence would fit the crime.

Walker was found guilty of causing unnecessary suffering to an animal at Brighton Magistrates' Court at an earlier hearing.

He had told magistrates he killed the dog after it attacked his partner's 17-year-old daughter.

But RSPCA inspector Tony Pritchard said the dog was under control at the time and Mr Walker's stepdaughter had left the scene.

Sentencing Walker, the chair of the magistrates said: "You carried out a sustained and vicious attack on a dog with a hunting knife which caused multiple stab wounds and led to its death.

"Had you pleaded guilty you would have been given 16 weeks."

He was prosecuted by the RSPCA after the American bulldog was found dead in undergrowth in Moulsecoomb Wild Park in October 2007.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A lot of serial killers start by dismembering animals. The proof is in the pudding and no sane person could stab an animal 55 times and not plead guilty to the charges in question. You could *possibly* understand stabbing the dog once, spur of the moment to get the animal off her but 55 times? It was pre-meditated as he went to fetch the knife.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Agreed should have been a lot longer, Or had the dog rehomed if it attacked his daughter

If it attacked his daughter the dog would have been put down but in a much more humane way. I'm sure this is the story that did several pages when it happenened and will no doubt do several more again.

I'm just waiting for the first person to try and say he shouldn't have been sent to prison at all cos 'it's only a dog'.

For what its worth in my opinion he should have got at least double that but I certainly wasn't expecting any judge to give more than what he got

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well, I'd like to have seen the alleged injuries before making final judgement. However I have heard of more than one case of a person being jealous of their partner's dog. As a matter of fact my soon to be ex wife had one such incident with her partner although he merely gave the dog away.

From what's been reported three years minimum, this person could turn into something much worse than a dog killer (as a dog lover there isn't 'much worse').

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
What Nauseating Sentimentality. The Dog Was The Canine Version Of The Bloke Who Stabbed It. Good For Nothing Except Fighting. It Was Bred For Fighting And Died Fighting.

I'm Not Going To Say It Was Just A Dog. That's Insulting To Dogs And Dog Lovers. It was Just A Set Of Teeth And Muscle. Good Riddance To Bad Rubbish, Both The Owner And The Dog.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
What Nauseating Sentimentality. The Dog Was The Canine Version Of The Bloke Who Stabbed It. Good For Nothing Except Fighting. It Was Bred For Fighting And Died Fighting.

I'm Not Going To Say It Was Just A Dog. That's Insulting To Dogs And Dog Lovers. It was Just A Set Of Teeth And Muscle. Good Riddance To Bad Rubbish, Both The Owner And The Dog.

FYI, an American Bulldog is NOT a Pit Bull. Try getting your facts right for a change.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Bulldog

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
He didn't stab the dog to get it off her, he went home and got a knife and punished/terminated her. To do it in such a ferocious and over the top way suggests he took pleasure in it, whcih is wrong and suggests he's a sadist. Five years minumum i'd say

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
perhaps the sick bastard should be stabbed 55 times himself, might start to regret it then

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
This country has gone mad.

Some of the pathetic sentences handed out to morons that cause suffering to other people, and this idiot magistrate puts someone away for killing a dangerous dog.

I give up!!

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
FYI, an American Bulldog is NOT a Pit Bull. Try getting your facts right for a change.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Bulldog

Point 1 - Wikipedia Is Not The Font Of All Knowledge
Point 2 - American Bulldog/Pitbull Whatever. It's Practically The Same Dog. They're Bred To Fight. Twat.
Point 3 - You Go Near My Mum And I'll Stab You 55 Times

He didn't stab the dog to get it off her, he went home and got a knife and punished/terminated her. To do it in such a ferocious and over the top way suggests he took pleasure in it, whcih is wrong and suggests he's a sadist. Five years minumum i'd say

It Suggests He Was Pissed Off And In A Frenzy. Where Do You Wallies Get Off On Such Crass Speculation

perhaps the sick bastard should be stabbed 55 times himself, might start to regret it then

Yeah. You Tell Him Ros. That'll Learn Him.

Christ There's Some Fuckwitted Comments Out There.

Been A Long Week Has It, NSC? Brain Got A Little Addled?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
If it attacked his daughter the dog would have been put down but in a much more humane way. I'm sure this is the story that did several pages when it happenened and will no doubt do several more again.

I'm just waiting for the first person to try and say he shouldn't have been sent to prison at all cos 'it's only a dog'.

For what its worth in my opinion he should have got at least double that but I certainly wasn't expecting any judge to give more than what he got
he shouldnt have been sent to prison at all cos its only a dog

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here