Does Sussex Need a Flag?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
When I was a child (ashamedly living on the Dark Side until we moved to Lewes in 1965), nobody ever differentiated between West and East Sussex. The two counties might have existed but postal addresses were just "Sussex".

Are you supposed to differentiate then? Whenever I send a birthday/christmas card home I always just write Sussex. Am I commiting somekind of address faux pas?!

SussexFlag.jpg

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yep, even a Sussex one would suffice but where to find one ready for sussex day on 16th June.
Ohh is there an official Sussex Day? Brilliant! I think we should form our own party as well; as Lord Bracknell correctly pointed out the last time Sussex was a single entity it was a KINGDOM! (This was long before modern, conglomerate nations like England even existed) We should form our own political party and try and re-gain our independence: The SNP - Sussex National Party.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey, that was quick. I've had a look and we've already got some MPs! :dunce:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Ohh is there an official Sussex Day? Brilliant! I think we should form our own party as well; as Lord Bracknell correctly pointed out the last time Sussex was a single entity it was a KINGDOM! (This was long before modern, conglomerate nations like England even existed) We should form our own political party and try and re-gain our independence: The SNP - Sussex National Party.

Would anyone who couldn't trace their ancestry back to pre 1066 be chucked out?

Yep, even a Sussex one would suffice but where to find one ready for sussex day on 16th June.

"Sussex Day" is a ridiculous notion dreamed up by a bunch of folk in West Sussex who described the county in their press release last year as "stretching from Chichester to Beachy Head".

If they haven't heard of Hastings, Rye and Battle they can feck off.

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006

:clap2: Lets do it!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Right then Harold Godwinsson King of the West and South Saxons. (Wessex and Sussex), had a White Wyvern on a red ground on the flag that he took to Hastings. Before Harold Alfred the Great and Athelstan used a similar dragon flag.
No sign of that on any of the contributions, I blame the French immigrant influence.
Get rid of the Martletts (French) and bring back the English Dragon!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Blue dragon on a yellow background it is then!!!

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Sorry Storer, but that is awful, makes me feel seasick just looking at it!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Before all you cloven-hooved web-footed inbreds from East Sussex get too excited, don't forget it's the WARRIERS of WEST SUSSEX that protect our fair county from the great unwashed hordes of Hampshire.

The Kingdom of Sussex would be nothing without the great MEN of the WEST

:thumbsup:

Before all you cloven-hooved web-footed inbreds from East Sussex get too excited, don't forget it's the WARRIERS of WEST SUSSEX that protect our fair county from the great unwashed hordes of Hampshire.

You didn't stop me getting through to Brighton in 1981 did you!!!!

EAST EAST EAST SUSSEX!

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west

It should also be pointed out that the last invasion of England took place in East Sussex...call themselves fighters?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here