Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does Sussex Need a Flag?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Lot's of Counties have their own county Flags...

Yorkshire has a Flag!
Lancashire has a Flag!
Cornwall has a Flag!
Devon has a Flag!
Dorset has a Flag!
Gloucestershire has a Flag!
Buckinghamshire has a Flag!
Bedfordshire has a Flag!
Berkshire has a Flag!
Derbyshire has a Flag!
Essex has a Flag!
Hampshire has a Flag!
Kent has a Flag!
Lincolnshire has a Flag!
Pembrokshire has a Flag!
Middlesex has a Flag!
Northumberland has a Flag!
Somerset has a Flag!
Sulfolk has a Flag!
Wiltshire has a Flag!
Staffordshire has a Flag!

Is this Lancashires?

Attachments

• raining.jpg
    raining.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 372

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
gb-e-ssx.gif

this ming-mong effort was designed by the 'sussex party' - prrrrrrretty rough.

"The design of the flag for Sussex, produced by the Sussex Party which has been formed to put the case for a parliament for Sussex. We work closely with other regionalist movements in the British Isles. The flag is four bands. The top also has a yellow circle in the top left corner. The circle represents the sun. the first band (blue) the sky, the second band (green) the Downs, the third band (yellow) the beaches and the fourth band (blue) the sea. The flag is a deliberate departure from the rather staid and historic flags adopted by other regionalist movements in Britain. I imagine commercial production of the flag will be started in the not too distant future, once we've done a bit of publicity/marketing!
Steve Sainsbury MA, Chair, The Sussex Party, 11 March 2004"

Last edited:

pollieanna

Jun 4, 2009
East Sussex Flag

Hi

Does anyone know if an East Sussex Flag exists? There has been one designed recently through a competition with Southern Counties (Sussex News) but I have been unable to find out whether it has actually been put into production or not? We're after one for our flag pole.

Any ideas much appreciated?

Thanks

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
West Sussex is just an embarrassment to us Easterners tbh. Worthing, Shoreham, Lancing etc. I'd rather live in Croydon!

:p

Excuse me?! Because Whitehawk is a truly wondrous place? Hastings? Eastbourne?!?

Arundel, Chichester and East Preston. Winner.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
So if we were independent, we'd logically have Prince Edward (as Earl of Wessex) as our King? Thanks, but I'll pass...
No, we won't have that upstart on the throne of Sussex! The last TRUE Earl of Wessex was Harold Godwinson, murdered in 1066 by a load of asylum-seeking French immigrants. (Coming over here, killing our king, stealing our country ...)

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Here's my effort, although I think I've seen it before somewhere...

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hi

Does anyone know if an East Sussex Flag exists? There has been one designed recently through a competition with Southern Counties (Sussex News) but I have been unable to find out whether it has actually been put into production or not? We're after one for our flag pole.

Any ideas much appreciated?

Thanks

I sincerely hope there isn't one. We're striving for a united SUSSEX identity: one football team, one cricket team, one international airport. The last thing we need is the equivalent of the Judean People's Front trying to re-enforce the split of 1879 (or whenever) when they established East and West Sussex county councils.

Hi

Does anyone know if an East Sussex Flag exists?
I was at a meeting at East Sussex County Council's offices two weeks ago.

The East Sussex flag was on display just inside the front door of Westfield House, the grey building in front of County Hall, Lewes. It was attached to a rather nice, polished pole.

e-sussex.gif

A recent change in legislation makes it legal to fly an English county flag without planning permission. The Town and Country Planning (Control of Advertisements) (England) Regulations 2007 say that one no longer needs planning permission to fly an English county flag. However, the flag must qualify as being official - defined by being accepted by the public and registered with the Flag Institute. A few flags can only be legally flown by county councils and not the general public.

pollieanna

Jun 4, 2009
I sincerely hope there isn't one. We're striving for a united SUSSEX identity: one football team, one cricket team, one international airport. The last thing we need is the equivalent of the Judean People's Front trying to re-enforce the split of 1879 (or whenever) when they established East and West Sussex county councils.

A SUSSEX one would be great but can't seem to find one!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here