Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does it make you racist if..................

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
You seem to concentrate your arguement on language, or lack of it. What are the other aspects of British culture do you feel immigrant families should adopt?
My argument is how 2nd and 3rd generation immigrant families remain insular and retain customs from the countries they came here from, like honour killings and electoral fraud, I also question how a religion like islam can fit into our society, you can exist side by side relatively peacefully, but when it comes down to the crunch , you are two totally seperate communities with nothing whatsoever to bind you together.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
And if your grandchildren in 30/40 years time still stroll round referring to themselves as "english australian" and supporting england in the cricket i'm sure people will have something to say about that too, i'm not particularly referring to tossbags like you do, i'm referring to the large majority of concentrated pakistan communities here , that have little or no interaction with the local english population, with regards to you learning little italian, the way english is so commonly spoken around the world makes us lazy.

Like I said before though many Australians know, respect and connect to their cultural heritage and mostly other Australians respect that. If my grand kids do not have an appreciation for where they came from is entirely up to them and no body else's business. If they see themselves as partly English (welsh and Scottish to be exact) then people should respect that. My Grandma was always very keen for me to understand that she was Welsh and that I am part Welsh. Because of this I have respect for the Welsh and Welsh culture. What is wrong with that? If you think it is wrong for me to acknowledge my Welsh and Scottish heritage, I see that as your problem not mine. (not saying you are just making a point)

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Like I said before though many Australians know, respect and connect to their cultural heritage and mostly other Australians respect that. If my grand kids do not have an appreciation for where they came from is entirely up to them and no body else's business. If they see themselves as partly English (welsh and Scottish to be exact) then people should respect that. My Grandma was always very keen for me to understand that she was Welsh and that I am part Welsh. Because of this I have respect for the Welsh and Welsh culture. What is wrong with that? If you think it is wrong for me to acknowledge my Welsh and Scottish heritage, I see that as your problem not mine. (not saying you are just making a point)
you are totally and utterly misunderstanding what i'm saying whether intentinally or not i dont know. i know 3rd generation immigrants from pakistani backgrounds who refer to themselves as pakistanis first and foremst, and have no allegiance to this country whatsoever, do you think that is healthy ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My argument is how 2nd and 3rd generation immigrant families remain insular and retain customs from the countries they came here from, like honour killings and electoral fraud, I also question how a religion like islam can fit into our society, you can exist side by side relatively peacefully, but when it comes down to the crunch , you are two totally seperate communities with nothing whatsoever to bind you together.

But all you ever do is trot out isolated incidents in very specific areas of London and tar all immigrants and areas with the same brush. I used to have a lot of Asian and white friends who lived in the more suburban areas of London and the various communities rubbed along just fine with varying degrees of integration. They're not all honour killing each other and fiddling the vote with a hook for a hand.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
But all you ever do is trot out isolated incidents in very specific areas of London and tar all immigrants and areas with the same brush. I used to have a lot of Asian and white friends who lived in the more suburban areas of London and the various communities rubbed along just fine with varying degrees of integration. They're not all honour killing each other and fiddling the vote with a hook for a hand.
where ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Barnet and Enfield mainly. I especially had a lot of friends around the Southgate area of Enfield. Southgate has a fairly sizeable Asian community. I have no doubt you will now trawl the internet and find some incident but my, and my friends view, was that it was a fairly regular place to live. I used to go out there a lot and I never had, saw, or heard of, any repeated problems.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Barnet and Enfield mainly. I especially had a lot of friends around the Southgate area of Enfield. Southgate has a fairly sizeable Asian community. I have no doubt you will now trawl the internet and find some incident but my, and my friends view, was that it was a fairly regular place to live.
No, no I wont, southgate may well have a sizeable asian community , and if it does i'd bet my bottom dollar that it's mainly pretty well integrated indian hindus and sikhs , which is a whole different kettle of fish from somewhere like whitechapel.

FootballFan7

Feb 7, 2012
i believe also it is the way in which someone uses a word! As many people could be greatly offended by many words if aimed and said in a certain manner! i am all for getting rid of racism, there should be no place in any country for racists! Whether that be towards the colour of a persons skin or any religion! People should not judge a person for this! Although the government in the UK really needs to sort this out..they seem to be very slow on the up take to sort out this critical problem, both in sport and in general life!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No, no I wont, southgate may well have a sizeable asian community , and if it does i'd bet my bottom dollar that it's mainly pretty well integrated indian hindus and sikhs , which is a whole different kettle of fish from somewhere like whitechapel.

I'm sure it is different to say Whitechapel. One is inner-London and one isnt. This difference in itself provides challenges, irrespecitve of race.

My point is that you continually highlight very specific areas of London and very specific incidents and present them in such as way that if it's not the norm then they are very frequent. This is not the experience for many who are actually living the lives you talk about. It may well be the case that you know someone who has not learnt the language but equally there are many who have. I chuckle when I hear Asians in Cardiff with broad Welsh accents. Ditto in Glasgow. My main Asian mate had a proper cockney accent.

It's my view you gripe is based on an intollerance for others to live a different style of life to the one you chose and you back it up with isolated and extreme incidents.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm sure it is different to say Whitechapel. One is inner-London and one isnt. This difference in itself provides challenges, irrespecitve of race.

My point is that you continually highlight very specific areas of London and very specific incidents and present them in such as way that if it's not the norm then they are very frequent. This is not the experience for many who are actually living the lives you talk about. It may well be the case that you know someone who has not learnt the language but equally there are many who have. I chuckle when I hear Asians in Cardiff with broad Welsh accents. Ditto in Glasgow. My main Asian mate had a proper cockney accent.

It's my view you gripe is based on an intollerance for others to live a different style of life to the one you chose and you back it up with isolated and extreme incidents.

I respect your right to stomp around London and the South East with steam coming out of your ears, maybe you can start to respect other people's right to pop down to the local mosque?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I was arrested by a Sikh copper in Rotherham back in the day, mainly as he thought I was being lary ...but I really had no idea what he was saying to me due to his very strong Yorkshire accent.

Don thee wanna gohome la... ?? Was incomprehensible to me at the time, tbf I had been drinking but he had one of the strongest Yorkshire accents ive ever heard..

However, I dont want to distract from the blatent anti islamaphobia thats occuring ;-)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So in some areas different cultures can live side by side in relative harmony and in some areas they are insular and hostile.

May be the question we should be asking is why? What are the factors that make such a difference?

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Jan 30, 2008
let's look at the broader picture shall we ,it's not just a london thing :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here