Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does God exist? you decide...............

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Locky said:

So which scientist was it that proved God did not exist?

I place the burden of proof on those that claim that one does exist, considering they also believe a book that mentions plagues of locusts, raining frogs, and blood becoming wine...

Theres no proof there is one, so why should anyone need to prove there isn't?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Crawley 'Gull said:
No. God created us with 'Free will.' God created us becuase he wanted a relationship with us and wanted to love us and us to love him (Becuase God IS love). If he's created robots who had no choice BUT to love him then that wouldn't be true love would it? Even God can't force us to love him. Therefore his given us the choice to obey and love him. That choice is completely our but we have to live with the consequences.

This all seems like a game.

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
MYOB said:
I place the burden of proof on those that claim that one does exist, considering they also believe a book that mentions plagues of locusts, raining frogs, and blood becoming wine...

Theres no proof there is one, so why should anyone need to prove there isn't?

I have already told you I don't read or believe in the bible................did I say anything about plagues of locusts, raining frogs, and blood becoming wine..........
I do believe in God though...........

Proving there is no God would perhaps of stopped many wars do'nt you think.......a worthy cause for any scientist.

Crawley 'Gull

Oct 3, 2005
Crawley
This all seems like a game

Yea, but it's not a game.
As much as I love going to watch the football it's weird how so many people give more thought to where they're going to go and drink before a game then they do about eternity.

People seem so convinced that there's no God, no perfect justice, no judgment ETC and are happy to just follow what there heart tells them. Isn't there a chance you could be wrong? Isn't it worth some investigation.
(If seek God with all your heart you will find him)

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Locky said:
I have already told you I don't read or believe in the bible................did I say anything about plagues of locusts, raining frogs, and blood becoming wine..........

Proving there is no God would perhaps of stopped many wars do'nt you think.......a worthy cause for any scientist.

I am with Locky on this one ....

Someone once said that "religion is another form of bondage which enslaves man".

IMHO organised religion is a form of slavery of the mind and soul.

But there is good and evil in this world. And not only do I believe in God, but he/it has been active in my life and for that I am forever grateful

Nuff said from me, but count me in the pro God lobby

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Locky said:

Why should they? The burden of proof is on those that claim it exists, not those that state it doesn't. Always is the case, with everything.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
maffew said:
bloody hell guys how can any one rationally minded say 'prove this doesnt exist' when you cant prove he does

A very clever Uni professor once answered that by asking: "prove you exist"

can you?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Locky said:

Wouldn't that involve investigating every miniscule feature of the universe? Give us time!

Anyway, someone will just say that he lives in another dimension. Scientists will prove that nothing physical could inhabit these other dimensions. Well, he's not physical. He's love. A feeling. Someone will say. And then i'll get angry. Very very angry.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
maffew said:
bloody hell guys how can any one rationally minded say 'prove this doesnt exist' when you cant prove he does

We don't have to prove something exists when theres nothing to prove it does exist. How can any rationally minded person think the burden of proof is on anyone but the believers?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Crawley 'Gull said:
Yea, but it's not a game.
As much as I love going to watch the football it's weird how so many people give more thought to where they're going to go and drink before a game then they do about eternity.

People seem so convinced that there's no God, no perfect justice, no judgment ETC and are happy to just follow what there heart tells them. Isn't there a chance you could be wrong? Isn't it worth some investigation.
(If seek God with all your heart you will find him)

I'm a bit busy at the moment.

How am i supposed to sit around thinking of eternity? I can't wait for the day when the human race is wiped out. That'll show you.

Of course there is a chance i could be wrong. I am a firm believer in doubt. Which is something you give up for faith.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
My decision doesn't matter.

If God exists and I decide that He doesn't that doesn't prevent Him from existing does it?

I can decide that lions don't exist but it doesn't stop them existing.

Play on words? Yes, but that was what the thread asked....

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Yorkie said:

If God exists and I decide that He doesn't that doesn't prevent Him from existing does it?

Play on words? Yes, but that was what the thread asked....

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

well said Yorkie

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Yorkie said:

Hopefully, my refusal to believe that God exists won't end up with me being mauled on a holy safari though.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Let's face it, there is no tangeble proof that any 'higher authorirty' exists hence simple logic tell you that it's all a myth. Seeing as the majority of believers accept the words that were written thousands of years ago written for people who probably couldn't read anyway and with the very primative means of communication that were all that was available at that time it is very hard to convince the average rational thinking human being that any such entity exists.

But, as I said earlier believe what you want to believe as long as you don't bother me, it's your choice.

Last edited:

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
bhaexpress said:
Let's face it, there is no tangeble proof that any 'higher authorirty' exists hence simple logic tell you that it's all a myth. Seeing as the majority of believers accept the words that were written thousands of years ago written for people who probably couldn't read anyway and with the very primative means of communication that were all that was available at that time it is very hard to convince the average rational thinking human being that any such entity exists.

But, as I said earlier believe what you want to believe as long as you don't bother me, it's your choice.

Are you saying that people who believe in God are not average rational thinking humans ?

johnnyjetlag

Jul 26, 2004
Crawley 'Gull said:
No. God created us with 'Free will.' God created us becuase he wanted a relationship with us and wanted to love us and us to love him (Becuase God IS love). If he's created robots who had no choice BUT to love him then that wouldn't be true love would it? Even God can't force us to love him. Therefore his given us the choice to obey and love him. That choice is completely our but we have to live with the consequences.

Not very christian this god then - love me or face the consequences!

Dandyman

In London village.
Locky said:
Are you saying that people who believe in God are not average rational thinking humans ?

Yes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here