Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does God exist? you decide...............

Crawley 'Gull

Oct 3, 2005
Crawley
So you start with a couple of paragraphs which are an insult (If you don't believe in god it's because your too thick) and then finish with the rather daft complexity argument which doesn't hold up to close inspection

What I said wasn't intended as an insult, I was merely saying that just because our finite minds can't cope with the fact that God is eternal and had no creator doesn't give us reason to dismiss his existence out right.

And in what what way does that last paragraph not hold up to closer inspection? Surely it makes perfect sense?

People willingly accept that all the good things in the world happend by chance and yet use the bad things as an excuse not to believe in him!
The book of Genesis explains why there's so much suffering. When God created us he gave us all a conscience...We all know it's wrong to Lie, steal, murder, commit adultery ETC Yet makind has turned it's back on God and deliberatley disobeyed him yet we expect things to carry on being perfect.

Our disobedience (or'sin') caused a barrier between us and God (Hence all the bad things in the world) and the only way we can be made right with God is through Jesus.

The reason I know for sure that God exists isn't because of all the evidence but because I've experienced him and have seen Jesus change so many lives.
It's something u have to accept by faith.

I know I'm not going to be very popular now!

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
Crawley 'Gull said:

Question for atheists?
"Where does our conscience come from?"

Although not an atheist let me have a go at this one.

Conscience and compassion come from within...they come from the heart.
Different people show different amounts, this I believe to be because they are either higher or lower evolved spirits.

Dandyman

In London village.
Crawley 'Gull said:
What I said wasn't intended as an insult, I was merely saying that just because our finite minds can't cope with the fact that God is eternal and had no creator doesn't give us reason to dismiss his existence out right.

And in what what way does that last paragraph not hold up to closer inspection? Surely it makes perfect sense?

People willingly accept that all the good things in the world happend by chance and yet use the bad things as an excuse not to believe in him!
The book of Genesis explains why there's so much suffering. When God created us he gave us all a conscience...We all know it's wrong to Lie, steal, murder, commit adultery ETC Yet makind has turned it's back on God and deliberatley disobeyed him yet we expect things to carry on being perfect.

Our disobedience (or'sin') caused a barrier between us and God (Hence all the bad things in the world) and the only way we can be made right with God is through Jesus.

The reason I know for sure that God exists isn't because of all the evidence but because I've experienced him and have seen Jesus change so many lives.

You are free to believe whatever tosh you choose to. What you post makes abundantly clear, however, is that your belief is based soley on assertion and "faith" rather than anything that even comes remotely close to scientific fact or rational thought.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Just to point out that you can be -extremely- spiritual and still think the idea of a higher being/'God' is utter cobblers.... however, you try telling that to someone who is extremely "religious" :rolleyes:

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
Dandyman said:
You are free to believe whatever tosh you choose to. What you post makes abundantly clear, however, is that your belief is based soley on assertion and "faith" rather than anything that even comes remotely close to scientific fact or rational thought.

reminds me of the days the Earth was flat..............sciientific FACT of the time.

Crawley 'Gull said:
Yet makind has turned it's back on God and deliberatley disobeyed him yet we expect things to carry on being perfect.

So this all powerful being created us right. Therefore he created our flaws also. But if we "sin" then its our fault, not his. Thats like saying if Ford build a car that blows up when you drive it, its the cars fault and nothing to do with Ford because they include a manual which tells the car not to blow up. In fact Ford then gets the hump and decides to smite the rest of the non-explosive cars out there with plagues of locusts, cancer and the like because some of its cars are blowing up. Quality.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Crawley 'Gull said:

Believing is the easy part, i think. It's easy to submit. To yield to someone else's will whether that person be a loved one or an imaginary thing with a beard and vengeance on its mind. What's difficult is to filter the morality of thousands of years of "civilisation" and select what is most important to you. You are not a conduit. You are not a vessel filled with blinding love. You are just a you. Alone. Surrounded by people who are as good or bad as they want to be. I'm one of them. Hello.

Dandyman

In London village.
Locky said:
reminds me of the days the Earth was flat..............sciientific FACT of the time.

Really ? Would you care to quote a scientist that said that ?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Lokki 7 said:
Learned ancient Greeks believed the world was round

And ancient romans also had running water, and the ancient greeks also had a democracy, etc... but the (then single) Christian church plunged the world into the dark ages, and killed/tortured/exiled those that disagreed with them.

Crawley 'Gull

Oct 3, 2005
Crawley
So this all powerful being created us right. Therefore he created our flaws also. But if we "sin" then its our fault, not his. Thats like saying if Ford build a car that blows up when you drive it, its the cars fault and nothing to do with Ford because they include a manual which tells the car not to blow up. In fact Ford then gets the hump and decides to smite the rest of the non-explosive cars out there with plagues of locusts, cancer and the like because some of its cars are blowing up. Quality.

No. God created us with 'Free will.' God created us becuase he wanted a relationship with us and wanted to love us and us to love him (Becuase God IS love). If he's created robots who had no choice BUT to love him then that wouldn't be true love would it? Even God can't force us to love him. Therefore his given us the choice to obey and love him. That choice is completely our but we have to live with the consequences.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Course "he" doesnt exist, what a f***ing joke, prove he does

I know thats not the most most elequant though out argument ever but anyone who believes in god in this day and age wants their head looking at

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Not only does God exist but he has been a member of NSC since 29 January 2004 ..... and according to his profile his birthday is on 9 January

Praise be the Lord

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Crawley 'Gull said:
No. God created us with 'Free will.' God created us becuase he wanted a relationship with us and wanted to love us and us to love him (Becuase God IS love). If he's created robots who had no choice BUT to love him then that wouldn't be true love would it? Even God can't force us to love him. Therefore his given us the choice to obey and love him. That choice is completely our but we have to live with the consequences.

thats a joke isnt it?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
With my limited capacity imagination I just can't accpet that an entity that makes no attempt to be recognised in a form that my limited human brain can understand with any of the five senses at my disposal can exist.

I have no problem with religion and people who's belief's are different to mine. I do however have a big problem with anybody who choses to use the alleged words or ideals of their particular diety to inflict their will or idology on others especially is in it involves any sort of harm to those who disagree. These are the delusional types that should be brain washed into accepting logic as most humans see it.

Crawley 'Gull

Oct 3, 2005
Crawley
Actually, it was the church that pushed that it was flat when scientists insisted it wasn't...

I'm sure the church has done and said many stupid things in the past.
I prefer to trust in God and the bible then the fallible church!
:)

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
You have closed your minds to anything then other than what a Scientist tells you is fact........................??

You could well be right about the church pushing the flat theory....my history isn't that good, but you rely on books written about it and believe it as fact..........not to different from people who believe the Bible then.
Don't get me wrong I don't read or take any notice of the bible.............I have my own beliefs and do not belong to any religous group

So which scientist was it that proved God did not exist?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Locky said:
You have closed your minds to anything then other than what a Scientist tells you is fact........................??

You could well be right about the church pushing the flat theory....my history isn't that good, but you rely on books written about it and believe it as fact..........not to different from people who believe the Bible then.
Don't get me wrong I don't read or take any notice of the bible.............I have my own beliefs and do not belong to any religous group

So which scientist was it that proved God did not exist?

no, who proved he does?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here