Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does DK still have the backing of the fans?

Does DK still have your support?

• Yes 100%

Votes: 48 39.3%
  • Still back him but not 100% sure anymore

Votes: 55 45.1%
  • Get him out. Hes taking us backwards.

Votes: 19 15.6%

• Total voters

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The Large One said:
Sake, we heard you first time. Give over would you?

Come again? What have I said the first time? Im seeing what the general concensus is, I thought that was the whole point of polls and a forum like NSC?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Let me refresh your memory...

Im really beginning to lose patience with Dick Knight, to fail to deliver us ONE player after getting rid of CKR for such a pathetic amount of money is akin to raising the white flag and declaring that mid table is all he wants this season.

Well Im concerned we will now end up in a relegation dogfight.

Excuses, excuses, excuses, Im f***ing sick of it.

===============

All McGhee can do is identify targets, it is then up to DK and MP to land those targets, and from what Ive seen most of the targets were more than acheivable with the right amount of money. Well if we had £150k and then sold CKR for £150k that leaves us with £300k. Enough to land a more than adequate player. We also had enough to match Dichios wages apparently, well hed have been on a very healthy wack.

Im sorry, but all weve had is excuse after excuse for nearly 2 years, and I have come to the conclusion that in the transfer market our board is nothing short of INCOMPETENT or its all just PR bullshit.

Both are as bad as each other imo.

Luckily, you have no idea how to run a PERMANENTLY up-against-it football club laden as it is with a short-term memoried, hostile, ungrateful fickle fans. So I'll leave it to someone who has a thicker skin than most who, under the circumstances is doing a job most of the rest of us are, and probably always will be, eternally grateful for.

How far would most on here get before being labelled 'incompetent'?

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I ticked 100% but the timing of the poll is interesting. Will definately be checking it out if we lose miserably tomorrow.

For what it's worth DK deserves it IMO because

a) we have made a huge net gain in his reign (not playing in Gillingham, not in the bottom division etc, etc, etc)
b) before McGhee (and excluding Hinshelwood) we have signed possibly the best 3 managers in recent Football League history under DKs tenure (Adams, Taylor and Coppell - say what you like about them leaving they are all top grade).
c) there's no one else out there that I know of
and
d) DK is, and will forever be, the anti-Archer

You should, however, add a 150% behind option that I can tick when he sacks McGhee!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Who are the f***ing retards who think he is taking the club backwards? I'll tell you what, if the Albion does, for whatever reason, end up in oblivion, these will be some fans who will finally end up with the club they so richly deserve.

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The Large One said:
Who are the f***ing retards who think he is taking the club backwards? I'll tell you what, if the Albion does, for whatever reason, end up in oblivion, these will be some fans who will finally end up with the club they so richly deserve.

Hav'nt voted on this poll but i'm one of the retards who think the club is going backwards. Do you think we're moving forwards then?

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
The Large One said:

:wave:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The middle option.

He's a LEGEND, with the best interests of the club at heart.

BUT things appear to be going tits up at the moment - fans are unhappy, Withdean crowds look set to fall, Falmer seems far away (still), and the playing side of things is looking crap...

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The Large One said:
Of course we are. Towards Falmer.

Yes we are.

Maybe one day but not at the moment. We had permission & then it was taken away! Now LDC seem to be playing all the ace cards!(won't stop me fighting for the cause though) Last season we were in the Championship & now we're in League 1. Any player worth a transfer fee is one by one waving us goodbye! And when you look at the squad? as much as I will continue to back our players 100% if they give it, It's starting to look like this is the weekest squad we've had since we've been at the Withdean.

Yeah the way I see it we are going backwards.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
British Bulldog said:
Maybe one day but not at the moment. We had permission & then it was taken away! Now LDC seem to be playing all the ace cards!(won't stop me fighting for the cause though) Last season we were in the Championship & now we're in League 1. Any player worth a transfer fee is one by one waving us goodbye! And when you look at the squad? as much as I will continue to back our players 100% if they give it, It's starting to look like this is the weekest squad we've had since we've been at the Withdean.

Yeah the way I see it we are going backwards.
And you are putting all this at the feet of Dick Knight?

Of course any player worth a transfer fee is saying ta-ta. Our wages are shit, and our facilities crap. But you said it yourself - 'any player worth a transfer'. Five years ago, that was no-one, aside from speculation about Bobby Zamora. It says something (not sure what though) about our youth system and our attractiveness on a certain level that we have players who ARE now worth something. Sure we have a weaker squad, but quality comes and goes.

Regards the Falmer, LDC have no cards to play. They just haven't realised it yet.

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I've had an excellent and very unique idea. After the lack of signings yesterday and the poor performances recently I think I'll start a poll on whether people are happy with McGhee and Dic......
Oh :down:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The Large One said:
And you are putting all this at the feet of Dick Knight?

Of course any player worth a transfer fee is saying ta-ta. Our wages are shit, and our facilities crap. But you said it yourself - 'any player worth a transfer'. Five years ago, that was no-one, aside from speculation about Bobby Zamora. It says something (not sure what though) about our youth system and our attractiveness on a certain level that we have players who ARE now worth something. Sure we have a weaker squad, but quality comes and goes.

Regards the Falmer, LDC have no cards to play. They just haven't realised it yet.

I will never knock our youth system, It's the only shining light at the moment. And yes quality does come & go, I've seen that for years! But you hav'nt answered my question have you? DO YOU THINK THE ALBION ARE MOVING FORWARD?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Albion Dan said:
Just a straw poll to see if Mr Knight is still enjoying the massive backing he has always enjoyed.

Dan, can you amend the third option to include the name of the Chairman who wants to take over?

Thanks

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
British Bulldog said:
But you hav'nt answered my question have you? DO YOU THINK THE ALBION ARE MOVING FORWARD?

Errr. I think he did.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I did answer. You originally asked 'is the club moving forwards'?

Of course we are. Towards Falmer.

Yes we are.

is what I said.

All the while Dick Knight is the Chairman, and is effectively in charge of all aspects of the club - him being numero uno honcho - there are an awful lot of yardsticks to judge him by. On balance, therefore, (infact, by quite a distance) I would say the answer to your question is YES. Now, if you'd asked 'is the TEAM moving forwards'? Then of course I would say no.

There are aspects of it which are a f***ing shambles (not all of it though).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here