Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does DK still have the backing of the fans?

Does DK still have your support?

• Yes 100%

Votes: 48 39.3%
  • Still back him but not 100% sure anymore

Votes: 55 45.1%
  • Get him out. Hes taking us backwards.

Votes: 19 15.6%

• Total voters

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The Large One said:
I did answer. You originally asked 'is the club moving forwards'?

Of course we are. Towards Falmer.

Yes we are.

is what I said.

All the while Dick Knight is the Chairman, and is effectively in charge of all aspects of the club - him being numero uno honcho - there are an awful lot of yardsticks to judge him by. On balance, therefore, (infact, by quite a distance) I would say the answer to your question is YES. Now, if you'd asked 'is the TEAM moving forwards'? Then of course I would say no.

There are aspects of it which are a f***ing shambles (not all of it though).

The word "Falmer" is becoming such a weak excuse these days to cover up for every problem we have at the Albion. I know the Withdean is shit but the capacity is now nearly 9,000 so it's got to be worth investing a bit in the 1st team to try & fill the bloody place. It's pointless the club trying to move forward if the team is going backwards! The team is the main attraction.

ack

Apr 20, 2006
Being and exile now and not able to go to home games anymore i may not be totally on the pulse,but as a member,who can rem 25-30k in the Goldstone in years gone by and the Belotti/Archer scandel,DK has put alot of time and money into OUR club to try and sort that mess out,and it'll take yrs.Until we get Falmer or even wherever,we are a small club with limited assets,and any new player who wants to play at Withdean will only do so for the money we may pay(there are conference teams with better stadiums).
Yes its hard at every transfer window to see the missed oppotunities,and sales we may not agree with,but if DK keeps the club going who wants to argue against it.
In other posts here,yes,we have lost better managers,but only for funds available to them,and that wont change till a ground is sorted.McGoo may nat be the best,and have serious player management skills(we think)but who else would come here knowing the situation/tightrope they may walk.

Flame me if yer like but after 30 odd yrs on this path through highs and lows we still have a club:clap2:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Interesting that Knight only has 38% total backing from this.

Must be the lowest since hes been at the helm.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Albion Dan said:
Interesting that Knight only has 38% total backing from this.

Must be the lowest since hes been at the helm.

I read it as only 10% don't like him.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Ernest said:
I don't know how this poll would change if people knew that McGhee had three signings lined up and ready to sign on Thursday but the chairman refused to return his calls so he could conclude the deals.

:glare: Really.

ps The club isn't moving forward but thats got f*** all to do with DK.I thought LDC were the obstacles here?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Ernest said:
I don't know how this poll would change if people knew that McGhee had three signings lined up and ready to sign on Thursday but the chairman refused to return his calls so he could conclude the deals.

Where did you hear that from

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i wouldnt say we are going backwards - it would be impossible for our club t ogo backwards given where we have come from. it is more just a case that we just appear to be going nowhere at the moment

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
I'm sure it goes right to the top.Ernest is deep throat

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The fruits of DKs labour are coming home to roost imo, should have sacked Mcghee who was a dead manager walking pre season, and now hes failed to back him and the shit today is the result.

Our squad is full of kids who just arent experienced enough and we have NO LEADER on the pitch.

McGhee will go now and Wilkins will be left with the worst squad since Gillingham to try and pick up the pieces.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
British Bulldog said:
The word "Falmer" is becoming such a weak excuse these days to cover up for every problem we have at the Albion. I know the Withdean is shit but the capacity is now nearly 9,000 so it's got to be worth investing a bit in the 1st team to try & fill the bloody place. It's pointless the club trying to move forward if the team is going backwards! The team is the main attraction.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ernest said:

As anybody knows I am not the greatest fan of DK but in fairness to him I took my wife out for a meal on Thursday evening and the owner of the restaurant who is a keen Brighton fan told me that DK & MM had been in his restaurant for an extended lunch together with a third young person and both DK and MM were continually on the phone so whoever told Ernest that is talking shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here