Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

does dick knight want out?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
No he's just telling the people here who keep going on about they know people who want to invest.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It wouldn't surprise me if he did stand down at the first opportunity.

Hopefully that will be after the first game at Falmer.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
BensGrandad said:
He did give the impression of 'somebody help me please' but then I may be a little biased.
He gave me the impression of someone publicly saying "If theres anyone out there then show your face. If no one contacts me then all you twats who are convinced that a fairy tale guardian is going to throw their hard earned cash at a business venture with no assets can shut the f*** up and let me get on with dragging this club further out of the shit hole that I found it in".

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One Nil said:
Nothing new in his comments has stated previously he would listen if investors were interested.:falmer:

Without slagging him off that line of' I will talk to any investors' is old hat as he knows full well that NOBODY is going to come forward until JP says Yes or No.

How many times do you hear somebody say 'if only you told me last week ' when you want a job or a car or whatever it is easy to say.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
He's basically saying "Put up or shut up" which is perfectly fair under the circumstances.

I think it's terrible that he has to put up with so much shit trying to steer the club he loves forward

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Thimble Keegan said:
This is interesting as Mark McGhee apparently knows that there are people waiting to invest once Falmer has been given the green light.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Not surprising as we all know the potential.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
BensGrandad said:
He did give the impression of 'somebody help me please' but then I may be a little biased.
We're all well aware of your bias. you're the one who said on this board that the club would have had its new stadium built by now if Archer and Bellotti were still in charge.

You're biased towards the pixies in toyland.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
BensGrandad said:
Without slagging him off that line of' I will talk to any investors' is old hat as he knows full well that NOBODY is going to come forward until JP says Yes or No.
As has been pointed out before they are precisely the people we DON'T want. We need the money now, not when someone thinks they can step out of the shadows, safely invest and get their money back - or even worse get a return on their investment.

There are no Brighton fans with money, that much has been demonstrated. There are however Brighton businessmen with money, but that's not quite the same thing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thimble Keegan said:
This is interesting as Mark McGhee apparently knows that there are people waiting to invest once Falmer has been given the green light.

They'll be queueing up ten deep to invest once Falmer has been given the green light. It's getting anybody to invest BEFORE Falmer gets given the green light that's the tricky bit.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There was a letter in yesterday's Argus from a halfwit who said that DK should stand down and let someone with money take over. He mentioned David Sullivan, of all people; surprised he didn't mention Hoogstraten.

What are these people on? This guy would probably try to take out a mortgage without any income by telling the bank."It's all right, as soon as I've got the house, a mystery businessman will give me the money".

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If there were investors ready to join the queue once Falmer is approved wouldn't they be astute to put in, for the sake of argument, £1million now and get a guarantee of being the main player once Falmer is approved? The fact that no one person or company seems to have offered to do this makes me wonder if the eventual Falmer approval is not as assured as some might be telling us ?

I am no Richard Branson but giving something now, if I were confident of a Falmer Yes, to get to the front of the queue would seem logical to me.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Icy Gull said:
If there were investors ready to join the queue once Falmer is approved wouldn't they be astute to put in, for the sake of argument, £1million now and get a guarantee of being the main player once Falmer is approved? The fact that no one person or company seems to have offered to do this makes me wonder if the eventual Falmer approval is not as assured as some might be telling us ?

I am no Richard Branson but giving something now, if I were confident of a Falmer Yes, to get to the front of the queue would seem logical to me.
It's a good point but if you want to invest in the club I'm guessing you'll want control. As there is already £7m invested you're going to have to stump up say £8m to gain control. £1m is nothing these days and would still mean you're a minority shareholder. These 'mystery investors' aren't fans remember, they're businessmen and I don't think they'd just go "Here you are Dick, here's £1m, remember me when the Stadium contracts go out"

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
BensGrandad said:

This is the post of the decade!!!!

So Mr Brian Lisher, pub landlord somewhere west of Shoreham, who has Mr Greg Stanley amongst his circle of friends....I understand you are not biased...interesting one. How is Greg BTW, still in contact with Bill Archer then?

Still laughing at us are you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here