Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does Chapman have any decent Coaching Qualifications?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i dont think its the qualifications that are the problem -

our current management team consists of a manager who is about to embark on his first full season in the job, and only his second working with senior players in any capacity, an assistant who 5 or so years ago was selling televisions, and a coach who has no previous management experience higher than step 9

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Scotty Mac said:

our current management team consists of a manager who is about to embark on his first full season in the job, and only his second working with senior players in any capacity, an assistant who 5 or so years ago was selling televisions, and a coach who has no previous management experience higher than step 9

and a Director of Football whose managerial record reads 14 matches 12 defeats

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Scotty Mac said:

whats the problem ???

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
whats the problem ???

experience

they are all fully qualified coaches as far as i am aware. however, between them there is a worryingly lack of experience of managing/coaching at a professional level

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was being Ironic, I want Chapman in charge and as soon as is possible please.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:

oops :jester:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
gjh1971 said:
and a Director of Football whose managerial record reads 14 matches 12 defeats

You are being far too harsh on our Director of Football, its actually 16 matches with 11 defeats over 2 spells. Those 4 wins and a draw mean a lot to him and he won't let anyone take them away.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dick Knights Mumm said:
We have got a promising young manager who is loyal to our Club - I am happy with that.
You see, this is another over-used phrase I could probably do without. Wilkins is "loyal" to the club. Well yes, he's certainly been employed by the club for a long time. But that isn't really a definition of "loyal" now is it - its not like he's been beating off the offers from other clubs and said "no thanks, I'm going to stay at the Albion". He's here because at the moment, its the pinnacle of what he can achieve and earn within football.

Keeley was very "loyal" to the club - that was until until Pompey came along, made there interest known, and we didn't see him for dust. Quite understandable, I don't blame the fella at all and I wish him well. But loyalty in football is a complete MYTH, so please lets not laud Wilkins for being "loyal" to the Albion - like any other professional in the game, he's only going to be loyal until a better offer comes along.

C.Gull

Jan 29, 2007
Interesting views,but nobody has answered the question, Has Chapman any coaching qualifications that would be useful to a professional Soccer team

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
C.Gull said:
Interesting views,but nobody has answered the question, Has Chapman any coaching qualifications that would be useful to a professional Soccer team
No, he has no paper quailifications. But he has 20 years of experience in the game. That might just count for something........;)

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Mr Burns said:
No, he has no paper quailifications. But he has 20 years of experience in the game. That might just count for something........;)

i love it when i can say i am more qualified than a professional coach:)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Easy 10 said:
You see, this is another over-used phrase I could probably do without. Wilkins is "loyal" to the club. Well yes, he's certainly been employed by the club for a long time. But that isn't really a definition of "loyal" now is it - its not like he's been beating off the offers from other clubs and said "no thanks, I'm going to stay at the Albion". He's here because at the moment, its the pinnacle of what he can achieve and earn within football.

Keeley was very "loyal" to the club - that was until until Pompey came along, made there interest known, and we didn't see him for dust. Quite understandable, I don't blame the fella at all and I wish him well. But loyalty in football is a complete MYTH, so please lets not laud Wilkins for being "loyal" to the Albion - like any other professional in the game, he's only going to be loyal until a better offer comes along.
Um, yes it is.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Uncle Spielberg said:
So... you want someone who has not too much managerial experience (although a hell of a lot of coaching experience) to step aside in place of someone with... even less experience.

You're priceless. Now, where's that Swiss cheese point of sale card?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Easy 10 said:

Ironically the only manager that was loyal to the club , McGhee was treated like shite

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Large One said:
So... you want someone who has not too much managerial experience (although a hell of a lot of coaching experience) to step aside in place of someone with... even less experience.

You're priceless. Now, where's that Swiss cheese point of sale card?

Alan, its deja vu, Wilkins can have every coaching certificate it is possible to obtain on his portacabin wall but it means jack shite, Chapman would be a better manager with just his 20 metres breast stroke at age 7 certificate on the wall as he is a WIINER, something Wilkins is not and never will be. I would rather someone in who has a winners attitude and its Chapman over Wilkins every day for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here