Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does Chapman have any decent Coaching Qualifications?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Where is your evidence that Chappers will be a better manager than Deano?

Wilkins did not do a bad job all things considered. We improved when he had a chance to dabble in the transfer market, despite the younger players obviously tiring from a long hard season. They were running on empty, simply because none of them are used to playing so many games in a season! How many of our squad had more than 50 games/starts under their belt. Not many!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Wilkins was derided for most of his career at BHAFC and called Wendy as he was such a softie in the tackle, Chapman was captain as he had a winners mentality. How much longer is the " they are young players " card going to be played, for heavens sakes they are 18-22 years olds in their prime who are asked to play 1 game of football a week and train 4 or 5 times a week for a couple of hours, its just an excuse for losers to use and any player that uses that excuse is a loser

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Uncle Spielberg said:
Alan, its deja vu, Wilkins can have every coaching certificate it is possible to obtain on his portacabin wall but it means jack shite, Chapman would be a better manager with just his 20 metres breast stroke at age 7 certificate on the wall as he is a WIINER, something Wilkins is not and never will be. I would rather someone in who has a winners attitude and its Chapman over Wilkins every day for me.

So, will you expand on the 'Chapman is a WINNER, something Wilkins is not and never will be' statement?

on what do you base this mindless drivel ?

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Uncle Spielberg said:
Wilkins was derided for most of his career at BHAFC and called Wendy as he was such a softie in the tackle, Chapman was captain as he had a winners mentality. How much longer is the " they are young players " card going to be played, for heavens sakes they are 18-22 years olds in their prime who are asked to play 1 game of football a week and train 4 or 5 times a week for a couple of hours, its just an excuse for losers to use and any player that uses that excuse is a loser

1. As already pointed out on this thread - A committed player does not always make a good manager, although I would say Wilkins was committed. Just because he was not as hard as Chappers does not mean anything.

2. When they are older? They are young experience wise!! Why do footballers tend to reach their peak in their mid/late twenties?

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Barrel of Fun said:
1. As already pointed out on this thread - A committed player does not always make a good manager, although I would say Wilkins was committed. Just because he was not as hard as Chappers does not mean anything.

2. When they are older? They are young experience wise!! Why do footballers tend to reach their peak in their mid/late twenties?

what do you mean ? Arsene Wenger is well known for being 'hard'....that's what makes him such a good manager....

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Barrel of Fun said:

I would not bother explaining that to him.

Next he will get on to the virtues of getting the ball up early to the big man. Somebody must have got him a copy of Charles Hughes coaching manuel.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
gjh1971 said:
and a Director of Football whose managerial record reads 14 matches 12 defeats

Perhaps a bit harsh, considering most of the squad were actually out injured for that run of defeats.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Uncle Spielberg said:

How a player is on the pitch doesn't equate to management.

Take George Graham. He used to be nicknamed stroller because he would flit in and out of games and was known as a flair player rather than a workhard player.

Not exactly taken that ethos with him into management, has he?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Buzzer said:
How a player is on the pitch doesn't equate to management.

Take George Graham. He used to be nicknamed stroller because he would flit in and out of games and was known as a flair player rather than a workhard player.

Not exactly taken that ethos with him into management, has he?

You just copying my posts?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Uncle Spielberg said:
These holes in your argument are getting bigger and bigger.

Seeing as you have been told time and again on this thread that someone's playing abilities do NOT equate to their managerials abilities, yet still blankly refuse to acknowledge this, PLUS you have absolutely no evidence whatsoever that Chapman would be a better manager (please DON'T refer to the 'he was a winner on the pitch' argument - it doesn't hold water and full of bollocks. Oh hang on, you alrady been told that), I would ask one thing of you...

STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER AND LEAVE IT ALONE. STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Uncle Buck said:
Or just lick the plug socket in the wall, but make sure it is turned on...

friendly and loveable as ever, big hug :kiss:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Large One said:
These holes in your argument are getting bigger and bigger.

Seeing as you have been told time and again on this thread that someone's playing abilities do NOT equate to their managerials abilities, yet still blankly refuse to acknowledge this, PLUS you have absolutely no evidence whatsoever that Chapman would be a better manager (please DON'T refer to the 'he was a winner on the pitch' argument - it doesn't hold water and full of bollocks. Oh hang on, you alrady been told that), I would ask one thing of you...

STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER AND LEAVE IT ALONE. STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER.

Alan I am not going to be bullied into accepting the party line sorry mate

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
For f*** sake, Gareth, it's not a party line.

Your argument (Chapman will be a manager because he was a 'winner' on the pitch, where Wilkins wasn't) is, at best - and let's give you the benefit of the doubt here - juvenile fantasy. In reality, it's pure, unadulterated BOLLOCKS.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I liked Chappers as a player, but didn't see him as a class act, in the same league as a Wilkins. Yes the latter seemed concerned with injury and sprained fringes, but that's surely a good thing. We lasted so long with a bullying, ogre-bodied McGhee, while if we transfered Wilkins' talent from field to manager's desk then we'd have a team working on game-reading and skillful touches (and last minute curlers), and player-interaction.
He could get the sack if this season doesn't work out and we end up 18th, but i couldn't say what will happen yet, and hold a glimmer of hope as his team and him mature together.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Uncle Buck said:
I guess it is lucky it is only you that wants Chapman as manager.

Have you actually renewed your season ticket?

I am afraid I did see you there :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here