Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone think we might be close to a revolution?

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
No banks, No Government, No Army, No war, No homelessness, No money, just a complete brand new way of life.

seriously Im willing to bet!

ok kiddo.

banks are nearly always corrupt. fair play. but who will look after the money? I dont think you want europe to.

men must be governed for a secure society. Though I'm sure you think anarchy is the best way forward, how can you live in a place where everyone exercises their own laws and ideals?

you need an army for defence. in this current climate, your brand new way of life would become null if someone decided to invade you, without an army.

homelessness has mostly nothing to do with society, but with the person struggling to overcome their demons: drink, drugs etc. I'd say 40% of the homeless are there because of not being employable. are we looking, therefore, at a rise in homelessness? No, but a rise in the benefits market.

and finally, without money, how do you trade with other countries, now that you have found your paradise. Seashells? When you repay your bet to me, I dont want a pile of lumpy old calcium...

Grow up, get your facts right, get a suit, get employed, get money, get happy. Seriously.

hardrain

Sep 19, 2011
Indigenious people aren't classified as a nice dream, they are real humans who get wiped out by governments all over the world trying to knock out their way of life completly off the face of earth

But we're not indigenious people, and if we were you'd have a lot less to live for

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
so now your going try and be a smart arse a put in a bit of bob Dylan. Do you want me to put in the brick in the wall lyrics for you too?

Us youngsters know more than you think. Its your generation who is behind im afraid.

I`m with you Falmer not against you. Just give me plenty of time when it kicks so I can be there alongside you for when it starts. I`ll need to have a wee first though because of my trouble, you know. Will I need to bring a flask as well ?

No you cant stop the children of the revolution, oh no.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
so your considering the possiblities now are you? Funny what a bit of money can do to the mind, even to some of the smartest!

But why would you make a bet where the end result is a winnings of £400, if in order for you to win the bet money must not exist? Also anybody accepting this bet cannot lose - if there is no revolution you are £200 up, if there is, there will be no money so the bet will be void.

Last edited:

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
ok kiddo.

banks are nearly always corrupt. fair play. but who will look after the money? I dont think you want europe to.

men must be governed for a secure society. Though I'm sure you think anarchy is the best way forward, how can you live in a place where everyone exercises their own laws and ideals?

you need an army for defence. in this current climate, your brand new way of life would become null if someone decided to invade you, without an army.

homelessness has mostly nothing to do with society, but with the person struggling to overcome their demons: drink, drugs etc. I'd say 40% of the homeless are there because of not being employable. are we looking, therefore, at a rise in homelessness? No, but a rise in the benefits market.

and finally, without money, how do you trade with other countries, now that you have found your paradise. Seashells? When you repay your bet to me, I dont want a pile of lumpy old calcium...

Grow up, get your facts right, get a suit, get employed, get money, get happy. Seriously.

Homelessness? we have a country full of sky scrapers, after a revolution occurs and we all work out better more evolved ways of living we will have by then have worked out that a home is mandoratory, not a luxury. The rich who own 5 houses, the councils in possesion of thousands of empty house will lose everything they greedly claim is there's, its called sharing and this will sort homelessness out.

money? The only way money can make you rich is only when someone else in in poverty. This will stop. It's wrong. Mankind has been and survived on Earth far longer than money. We will and can survive without it. The ones that dont are useless.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Homelessness? we have a country full of sky scrapers, after a revolution occurs and we all work out better more evolved ways of living we will have by then have worked out that a home is mandoratory, not a luxury. The rich who own 5 houses, the councils in possesion of thousands of empty house will lose everything they greedly claim is there's, its called sharing and this will sort homelessness out.

money? The only way money can make you rich is only when someone else in in poverty. This will stop. It's wrong. Mankind has been and survived on Earth far longer than money. We will and can survive without it. The ones that dont are useless.

What you're saying is that, not only do you want our country to become a communist state, but you actually truly believe it will become one in less than two years, through the movement of the people? In a country that recently voted in a conservative government?

Stop it, you're making our generation look stupid.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

You can always tell the kids who are broke. Lend us a fiver grandad.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I'm glad the Internet didn't exist when I was Falmer's age. I would probably have been posting excited nonsense about the forthcoming revolution.

(No offence intended!)

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011

mate, im sure the number of empty houses in the uk is disproportionate to the number of homeless.

and communism or capitalism? under communism, everyone was poor. under capitalism, comparitively few are poor, against the population

can i just say something. most of the rich, even though they can be selfish bastards, worked to achieve what they have. it's not exactly their fault people are homeless is it. if it's related to drink and drugs, it's the homeless person's fault. i mean, you don't have to do it if you're in a rut, you chose to.

we don't have a country full of skyscrapers either. Central London is a city, and it's hardly filled with them.

Give a house to a deserving person, by all means, but not for free. That's money your council could be taking to shove back into the system. Perhaps at a subsidised price.

I thought that I might add that while someone else legally owns a house, people have NO right to squat in it, homeless or not. That's criminal. Imagine if i didn't use my car for x amount of years, and someone else breaks into it and just sits there claiming 'you haven't used it so its rightfully mine'.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
What you're saying is that, not only do you want our country to become a communist state, but you actually truly believe it will become one in less than two years, through the movement of the people? In a country that recently voted in a conservative government?

Stop it, you're making our generation look stupid.

how does free world spell Communism? oh yeah in an argument. Communism is not freedom but another form of control. I want my world to actually be my world, not Obamas or any other idiot telling me how i should eat, dress, Talk, learn, believe and live. I want to make my own f***ing desicions, im old enough to realise i should have these private educated out of touch toffs telling me my rights. they can f*** themselves. All the things I want to do in life the government wont let me, the same for billions around the world. No leaders, No war, No passport, No Land. Just one big playground to test your true ability. survival.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
mate, im sure the number of empty houses in the uk is disproportionate to the number of homeless.

and communism or capitalism? under communism, everyone was poor. under capitalism, comparitively few are poor, against the population

can i just say something. most of the rich, even though they can be selfish bastards, worked to achieve what they have. it's not exactly their fault people are homeless is it. if it's related to drink and drugs, it's the homeless person's fault. i mean, you don't have to do it if you're in a rut, you chose to.

we don't have a country full of skyscrapers either. Central London is a city, and it's hardly filled with them.

Give a house to a deserving person, by all means, but not for free. That's money your council could be taking to shove back into the system. Perhaps at a subsidised price.

I thought that I might add that while someone else legally owns a house, people have NO right to squat in it, homeless or not. That's criminal. Imagine if i didn't use my car for x amount of years, and someone else breaks into it and just sits there claiming 'you haven't used it so its rightfully mine'.

So a building can't become a house? Have you heard of the Occupy Movement by any chance?

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I'm glad the Internet didn't exist when I was Falmer's age. I would probably have been posting excited nonsense about the forthcoming revolution.

(No offence intended!)

why no offence?

If teenagers were put in their place like they used to, they wouldn't be all jumped up like they are now! When I was young, childline didn't exist to tell me it's not your fault, they don't understand you.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I take it your a grandad then?

Not yet. I do struggle to get to the top of WSU though. Anyway enough of this talk of revolution and tidy your bedroom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here