Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone know...(season ticket related)

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
It's complicated, but basically the amount I get next year is much much less than this year (a year I could have afforded it) because household income had changed (they don't take this years tax year but a different one) but I didn't know by how much and how much maintenance loan would change in relation. I only found out once I'd completed the application for student finance.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
c) It goes beyond purely the direct revenue recieved, the university objected to the building at Falmer and if certain renovations etc are proposed having a unviersity whose students view Brighton and Home favourably may well stop vehement opposition.
d) It also hits people who have just graduated college and are getting their first jobs and thinking about renting flats etc, but with everything in the economy (higher fuel, higher national insurance, prevalence of part time employment meaning many are underemployed) as it is they're squeezed as well.
e) there are actually quite a few people like me in this situation, I have friends in London who would commute back but with train prices up as well and the high price of season ticket it isn't feasible.

What a load of old flannel. The stadium is going to sell out completely thanks to a decent price structure and the 12 month d/d option. Still can't afford it ? Well, harsh lesson of life, we can't all afford everything we want all the time can we. Sacrifices have to be made. Come back when you've got a job that affords you the perk of a season ticket (and it IS a perk, not a right).

The club certainly don't need to kow-tow to the student £ just because the stadium is on the doorstep of the uni. 'Vehement opposition to renovations' ? Don't make me laugh. The Uni didn't object to the stadium at all - the only "opposition" the students at Sussex Uni managed to muster up was about five years after the first Public Enquiry (where the Uni did not make ONE representation against the stadium), and amounted to some herbert (Dan Glass ?) chucking a few leaflets around campus and calling a meeting, which was attended by about eleven students and a confused farmer during the ads for Deal or No Deal.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
d) It also hits people who have just graduated college and are getting their first jobs and thinking about renting flats etc, but with everything in the economy (higher fuel, higher national insurance, prevalence of part time employment meaning many are underemployed) as it is they're squeezed as well.

...and this is exactly why so many people have a problem with students. I rent a flat with my wife and young child, pay for fuel and National Insurance... Why in God's name should I have to subsidise your ST after you have LEFT university?

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008

...and this is exactly why so many people have a problem with students. I rent a flat with my wife and young child, pay for fuel and National Insurance... Why in God's name should I have to subsidise your ST after you have LEFT university?
If it was an under 21 ticket or even if it was done purely on a basis whereby you have to prove you're a student (like it is for getting exemption from NHS charges) then that wouldn't happen...

Fact is, that system (under 21) was in place at Withdean on the club's idea that they wanted to attract more young fans...

You can't deny that the uni could make it very difficult potentially.

And if you think the stadium is going to sell out in years to come on a very regular basis I think you're going to be very surprised.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If it was an under 21 ticket or even if it was done purely on a basis whereby you have to prove you're a student (like it is for getting exemption from NHS charges) then that wouldn't happen...

Fact is, that system (under 21) was in place at Withdean on the club's idea that they wanted to attract more young fans...

And if you think the stadium is going to sell out in years to come on a very regular basis I think you're going to be very surprised.

Well seeing as how no one expected so many season tickets to be sold thus far as have the club have done why would that not continue especially with a successful team?

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Well seeing as how no one expected so many season tickets to be sold thus far as have the club have done why would that not continue especially with a successful team?

To an extent, its because we've shown support when we could have easily been just another number of fans who made up the "Lost Generation" and followed Man U or Liverpool. Fact is we didn't and showed loyalty - it'd be nice to have a student ticket for those with previous purchase history but that'd be elitist. 40 Pounds a month, its a fair whack but hey. 9p noodles for dinner for a few years won't hurt!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

OK fair enough. You can have a cheap ST on us. Do you want me to write you a cheque or will a bank transfer do.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No I'm not doing spelling - get over it. I haven't claimed any elite status just because I go to Oxford so don't try to pretend I have.
But you are trying harder now, which is so sweet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here