Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone know...(season ticket related)

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
Basically, I'm at uni... I've said I want a season ticket next year but after looking at what student finance are giving me I just can't afford it to be honest unfortunately... what are the financial implications of me cancelling now and can I do so? (I haven't had time to sort it so my grandad has paid any deposits etc and I dont want to mention anything to him yet so can't ask)

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Find a mate who also wants a season ticket and can't afford it: share the card, halve the cost. If you want it badly enough, you'll find £15-20 a month, even if it means stacking shelves at Tesco of an evening. You can do it :thumbsup:

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
So it's 10% of the final amount that I will loose?

WE're not allowed jobs in term time, and in holidays it's very hard to find someone to take you on for a couple of weeks.

complete and utter cop out.

If you were in your 40's just lost your job, had a mortgage to pay, kids at uni, car to run, washing machine to repair etc, fair nuf,

But your a student. That means you will be educated. If you cannot find the way to earn 65p a day you may as well book an appointment at that clinic in Switzerland now!

Or another way - make your packed lunch, minus the bag of crisps each day, and get fitter at the same time

Last edited:

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
What poor excuse for a University do you go to!?!?

You say that... I'm pretty sure Oxford and Cambridge have such a policy. Of course there's not much way they could stop you, but it could hinder your education

Being a student myself though, I'm sure if you really look for it you can find enough money, the amount of money I've wasted in the last few years...

But then if the OP lives a fair while away, that adds another side to the cost completely

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I'm pretty sure Oxford and Cambridge have such a policy. Of course there's not much way they could stop you, but it could hinder your education

Oxford certainly do during term time - but my oldest will be doing bar work (hopefully) in the rather long holidays to take the heat off the finances.

The sharing of the ticket sounds like the best plan - its what I'm doing for reasons of geography.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Oxford certainly do during term time - but my oldest will be doing bar work (hopefully) in the rather long holidays to take the heat off the finances.

The sharing of the ticket sounds like the best plan - its what I'm doing for reasons of geography.

Maybe it was just Cambridge then. Or maybe I'm just making it up. I'm sure I heard it somewhere though.

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
Yeah I'm pretty sure Oxford and Cambridge don't allow term time employment for full time students. If any others follow that policy it's likely to be other prestigious red brick universities... not exactly a 'poor excuse for a university' then

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

WE're not allowed jobs in term time, and in holidays it's very hard to find someone to take you on for a couple of weeks.

If I've read your posts correctly, it's not you that will lose the 10% deposit. It's your grandad!!!

SeagullEd, you still don't appear to have answered the question. Which Uni are you going to? And do you actually know for sure that your uni don't allow jobs in term time or is it just something you heard. Maybe the guy who was at the same interview process as you very kindly told you so that didn't waste your time and risk getting in trouble.

Last edited:

Lush

Mods' Pet
So you got over-excited and signed up for something that you can't afford. I would have thought very few students, even students with part-time could run to the cost of a football season ticket.

But no massive damage done and hopefully a lesson learned via paying back your grandad the 10% it sounds like he's going to lose. But can I suggest that you don't get a credit card any time soon.

Sorry if this sounds a bit holier than thou.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Students more than others can afford season tickets imo. You get a lump sum at the beginning of term that you will piss up the wall. Spend it on a season ticket then you have something to show for it. Where there is a will there is a way.

This is said as someone who has missed six Albion games home and away in the last two seasons whilst being a student.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
student finance give us a massive loan in the summer which i am just paying for my ST with. It is true the amount of money u waste in your time at uni you can get a ticket and even if they dont let you have a job.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

What Uni is that? Guessing you are local ish if you thought you would be able to get to games regularly in the first place and never heard anything like that round here (only as other have mentioned at the top unis)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Stop all the discussion:

Bottom Line YOU MUST FIND 10% of the ST PRICE TO REPAY YOUR GRANDAD, if you want it hard enough you'll work for the money ... Uni won't let me, pish!

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
sell drugs, online poker, buy and sell gold.....any of these done looking for only 20 quid a month is easy peasy....no need to go with any risk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here