Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone here actually care about crawley?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
It will be nice to see Crawley do well as Palace will be needing a derby game while they're shithouse. And with Crawley in the league, maybe they could draw each other in the FA Cup rounds 1 or 2 or possibly the Johnstone PAINTS trophy?

Give it a couple of years and Crawley Palace will be THE derby game in league 2

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Er, how hard did they try and persuade their council? Nope. Crawley is the antithesis of scenic Sussex. Wish was a few miles north in Surrey actually. More in common with Croydon than Brighton

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That isn't true, as any Albion supporter should know. Crawley FC were happy to share the ground, it was their ground's owners who would not permit it.
OK, I stand corrected - live a long way away, and no internet or message boards in those days (well, there might have been, but I didn't have any of them).

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Strange (and inaccurate) use of the word 'Again'.

Not at all. It's not the first time I've corrected your assumptions in the past.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Give it a couple of years and Crawley Palace will be THE derby game in league 2
Not sure, I can see Crawley doing a Wycombe and heading to league one fairly quickly. Palace v Crawley will only be temporary. After that, they'll be looking at Orient or Barnet for bragging rights I should think.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Dont like Crawley also to me its not part of Sussex anyway as its soo near Gatwick.
The only reason be in any way happy is for Kuipers.
But also another reason i dont like is when played American football for Brighton, Crawley was our enemies and grudge match, used to have some awesome battles in end we used to come out on top.
Dirty team as well.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Er, how hard did they try and persuade their council? Nope. Crawley is the antithesis of scenic Sussex. Wish was a few miles north in Surrey actually. More in common with Croydon than Brighton

It was hardly up to Crawley FC to beg plead with their council on our behalf.

How hard did the Albion try to persuade the council ?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Again you know nothing.It was the council who knocked back the Albion and not the football club.

Doesn't matter how many times, Algie, some people will NEVER grasp this :)

I take a vague interest, having spent plenty of time working there, but I'm not really bothered either way about them. It is an interesting project they've got going on however, spending all that money. Some clubs it works for, some it doesn't.

Tonight could be a giggle though, Steve Evans and Nigel Clough can't stand each other apparently. Yes, I know most football people hate Steve Evans, but Clough coming out and saying that is like Mother Teresa announcing she'd like to give someone a bloody good shoeing. When Clough left Burton for Derby they asked him what he wouldn't miss and he made some comment about never having to play against Evans' team again.
:lolol:

Plus let's see how Robbie Savage gets on against a bunch of wannabes and wind up merchants.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I've lived here all my life, but really only have a passing interest.

Good luck for tonight I say, but will probably be laughing if Derby really stuff them.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
That isn't true, as any Albion supporter should know. Crawley FC were happy to share the ground, it was their ground's owners who would not permit it.

Their fault? Maybe not
Unfair? Probably
Irrational? Perhaps

But ever since we were landed with the long haul to Gillingham instead of a short hop to Crawley I have disliked them (well maybe more of an active disinterest but I just can't bring myself to like them)

Last edited:

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
As I was born and lived in Horsham for 25 years it's in my blood to hate them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here