Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone else feel sick about saturday?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I feel sick about all the squandered chances, inept defending and lack of commitment that have lead us to where we are this season. Fully expecting the team to kick us in the teeth again on Saturday.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
we got the abuse over and done with, born optimisim has returned ... Saturday will probably mean we will revert to type but until then an albion win with a game in hand bring it on !!!

Oh you think so do you ? I bet that come sat if we lose the board will be full of Knight / slade /players out AGAIN.

I hope not though. Theres nothing like being a football fan with a faint chink of light at the end of the tunnel because somehow we turn that into a flippin rainbow dont we ! :p

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Some how we are only 3 points and an abysmal goal difference away from safety! Those other teams must be as bad as us! It's not just a chink of light, we've gone from no hope to a real possibility :D

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Yeah compared with the FA Cup Semi Final in 1983 its earth shatteringly exciting :shrug:. Some wanky game to see if we can hold off relegation to the 4th Division for another match. Excuse me for not hyperventilating.

Your missing the point of what it is to be a supporter of a "local" football team.
if you feel like that you would be better off following a team like Liverpool or Man U.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Your missing the point of what it is to be a supporter of a "local" football team.
if you feel like that you would be better off following a team like Liverpool or Man U.

Don't trot out that tired old cliche. Just because you want your team to be as big and as high in the leagues as possible does not mean you are a Chelsea hospitaility fan. There is nothing wrong is wanting success and nothing wrong in being pissed off with your team for being SHIT. I have not sat for 11 seasons at Withdean getting wet 80% of the game to change now. I am a LIFER. I want BHAFC to win the premiership, fa cup, league cup and champions league. I think some people actually like us to be as shit as possible as if we are in the 4th division with 80 fans travelling to Morecombe their hero status is elevated.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
No nerves here. Of course, relegation is much easier to accept when your thousands of miles away and haven't forked out hundreds of pounds to watch inept, inert performance after inept, inert performance for the past 9 months.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not that bothered either way to be honest. I fully expect the team to let down the fans at home again. Don't get too excited I would rate our chances of staying up as 20-1.

I get the impression you'll be disappointed if we don't get relegated.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Not that bothered either way to be honest. I fully expect the team to let down the fans at home again. Don't get too excited I would rate our chances of staying up as 20-1.

I can understand that your total pessimism is a defence mechanism against the disappointment of relegation, but I simply cannot understand how, as an Albion supporter, you cannot be bothered either way.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
it's like masterbation really.

thinking about how good it would be to get 4 wins in a row, it's a bit like 'reading' Nuts and then having a wank visualising the subject of your previous grumble session actually making real-life sexy time with you.

for example;

win against stockport to clinch survival + last minute winner = cuming on her tits (to the power of her cleaning you up.)

the key thing is that this out-spoken optimism at this point in this season, should frankly be a taboo subject in the city, and kept firmly under the bed.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I actually see the psychological viewpoint of Gareth here. On almost every occasion that I have got my hopes up about a result - they have been dashed. Then when I get pessimistic and 'devil be damned' about it they pull a win out of the bag.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I can understand that your total pessimism is a defence mechanism against the disappointment of relegation, but I simply cannot understand how, as an Albion supporter, you cannot be bothered either way.

I just can't get too excited about staying up as after all its still the 3rd division and the football from us and virtually every other team in this division has been utter TURD for the last 3 years. I doubt the 4th division will be that much difference. Both leagues are CRAP.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
I just can't get too excited about staying up as after all its still the 3rd division and the football from us and virtually every other team in this division has been utter TURD for the last 3 years. I doubt the 4th division will be that much difference. Both leagues are CRAP.

So what your saying is you only care if were in the championship/Premiership?
I Honestly dont think you should be supporting a lower league club if you want success then you know where to go!
Anyhow here's the difference
Southampton,Charlton,Leeds
OR
Accrington,Burton,Morecambe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here