Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone else feel sick about saturday?

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Yes i am also feeling nervous about saturday because if we don't win, i know that our relegation is pretty much confirmed. I still think we will win though so, quite looking forward to it aswell

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
You mean pure 'rogue' no mish mash of rogue and risque..it must have been rogue from tip to curl.

Glasgie is good fer pasties like Cornwall excels at tatties and neeps.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm trying not to get my hopes up. But this really will be a DEFINING weekend. Look at the other fixtures this Saturday:

Carlisle v Swindon
Crewe v Cheltenham
Orient v Northampton
Yeovil v Hartlepool

If we can somehow wangle 3 pts, then we will make HUGE progress against someone. They can't all win.

Not that bothered either way to be honest. I fully expect the team to let down the fans at home again. Don't get too excited I would rate our chances of staying up as 20-1.

I felt like that when Micky was in charge but with Slade i feel we have a better and more passionate manager who wont come out with the same bullshit over and over again.

Saying that The last home game (Swindon:censored:) turned into me and my mates just taking the piss out of everyone and finding out who did the best impressions. I do a good Micky but my Slade impression at first attempt was good enough to get me a job.

Much better entertainment than Adam El-Abd's attempt at center midfield.

In order of priority, we need:

1) Us to win, or at least draw and then win at Bristol.
2) Swindon to get something at Carlisle
3) Yeovil to beat Hartlepool

I'm kind of resigned to Crewe winning this weekend, and I think Northampton will get something at Orient. But if we take 4 points by 10pm on Tuesday we'll be in a great position I think (bearing in mind the final day fixtures).

Agree. We have to focus on catching Carlisle and Hartlepool. also if Northampton win there game in hand we need them and us to keep winning and overtake the two above.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm a little bit apprehensive [though mixed with mildy excited] about Saturday, though if any of you are genuinely WORRIED SICK, about the woes of the Albion, raise a glass, and thank your lucky stars that you've nothing ACTUALLY important to worry about in your lives...

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
To be honest, I am not really nervous, Hereford, I really fel that sick in your stomach feel on the way to the game (and probably the whole week before...)

This, I will feel nervous on the day, but not that bad as at the end of the day we will still be in the football league!!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not all that nervous really, but that is down to age. I used to be far more worried about Albion's league position when I was much younger.

And in any case, we could end up losing and still not lose that much ground on some of the teams above us. OK, we'd then need three straight wins to stand a chance of staying up, but a team can do that without playing particularly well in one or two of those games, so even that remains a possibility.

Pretty resigned to the drop really and have been for months. If anythinh shocked that we still have a chance of avoiding the drop at this stage. Will be a plesant suprise if we can get out of this and its not beyond hope, providing we can string more than 1 decent performance together.

Recent Form

Pld W D L F A GD GFA GAA PpG Pts Rank
Last 8 Overall 8 3 1 4 10 11 -1 1.25 1.37 1.25 10 16
Last 5 Home 5 1 1 3 8 10 -2 1.60 2.00 0.80 4 20
Last 5 Away 5 2 0 3 3 8 -5 0.60 1.60 1.20 6 15

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Can we defend for 90 minutes? That is half the problem, I couldn't believe the finger pointing and trying to pass the blame amongst the back four rather than knuckle down and stay tight against Swindon.

11 men all have to play for 90+ minutes and chase every sodding ball. Then we might just do it.

Can everyone make an effort to get behind the team, ever corner, throw-in in an attacking position or free kick. Get behind them and it might spur the players on..who knows?

Come on the Albion!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here