Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone actually PREFER home matches to away matches?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Seeing people saying "I'm gutted the first match is away!" over and over again I was just wondering if anyone actually prefers going to the Withdean rather than going away. I realise there are financial and temporal considerations, but ignoring these, I'd always rather go away, for the atmosphere and the craic. This has always been the case for me except perhaps for the last season at the Goldstone.

How do you think this will change next season? I reckon a year of LOVING Falmer, then away matches will again take precendence for me.

Last edited:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
For me, only go to home games, but I'm just weird!

Anyway, another point is will our expected increased home attendance at Falmer effect our away attendance? (so will those that only go to away games now, start going to Falmer instead?)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There are numerous things I prefer about home games. Atmosphere is obviously not one of them.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
I do prefer away games, but as i'm 16 and have little money, I cant always goto them which is a shame :(

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I prefer away games new places to visit, better atmosphere, better grounds etcetc but this is all likely to change when we move into Falmer.

Brian Munich

teH lulZ
Jul 7, 2008
I woulD prefeR thE firsT gamE oF thE seasoN tO bE a homE gamE tO opeN ouR branD neW stadiuM nexT seasoN

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Much prefer away games because of the atmosphere and visiting new places although as I'm 16 I can't afford to go to many. This will probably change next season but after the first year at Falmer I reckon I'll prefer away games again.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Id rather spend £80 going to an away game than £40 at a home game.

Away games are more about the travelling, seeing diffrent places, drinking in diffrent pubs and having a good laugh with your mates than the game for me.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Away games are just on a different level to home games. I am a season ticket holder, but still manage to get to about 15 away games each season. Aswell as the atmosphere, and better grounds etc, the whole day is just far more enjoyable!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
i love having no legroom, but most of all when it rains heavily on us in the south stand as it means i've had my monthly bath with none of the fuss :rave:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I woulD prefeR thE firsT gamE oF thE seasoN tO bE a homE gamE tO opeN ouR branD neW stadiuM nexT seasoN

political-pictures-do-not-want-surprised-guy.jpg

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
pluses of Home matches

- ability to go home and sulk for the evening 5 minutes after the final whistle

THATS IT

away games are much more fun and enjoyable and always will be , it's the same for any fanbase (apart from when they visit Withdean obviously) as you can actually enjoy the trip and more often then not create an attmosphere without being told to shut up or sit down.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Let me put it this way - after having been a season ticket holder for a number of years, I now refuse to go to Withdean again. Mainly due to the whole piss-take on prices, and the miserable fuckers who go there that have the grumble about singing and lively behavour.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
away games are good because you can get so pissed you don't realise what has happened at the football

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
away games are good because you can get so pissed you don't realise what has happened at the football

You, my friend, have hit the nail right on it's head.

What an attitude to have. :bowdown:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I do like the low din that turns to a buzz as you come over that bridge after you've gone up our little dirt track from PP station to Withdean. As you come over and see all the blue and white stripes, its quite a nice scene.

Cluthing at straws? Yes i am :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here