Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone actually PREFER home matches to away matches?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Home for me by an absolute country mile.

I actually really dislike away games to attend. I go, but only to support the team.

The Phoenix

May 20, 2009
Eagle eyed view of you...
My ratio of away games attended compared to home games is about 10:1. Partly due to living away and therefore easier to get to away games, but also because I generally prefer them. If I go to a home game and Palace play shit, it's been a shit day. If I go to an away game and Palace play shit, then it's still been a quality day out with lots of alcohol, stories told in the pub and memorable moments. Much better atmosphere in away ends compared to home ends anyway usually, since you get less people who have just wandered along. Rarely any problem standing either. Away games are more of a day out, whilst home games are more about supporting the team.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Home for me, I get to read at least a few chapters of my favourite book its so quiet.

That said away games are priceless - Huddersfield 7 - 1 Albion. Taxi for Smith.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I prefer home games as it means no long drive and nobody standing up and blocking my view. This is probably an age thing as when I was younger I went to most of the away game each season but now dont want the travelling either by car or train. I am very selective in the away games I go to now.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Away days, always a laugh with plenty of drinkies and the chance of a new ground

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I prefer home games because I don't have to put up with other fans excercising their 'God given right to stand' in my way.
Mind you, well done all of them for their unstinting and vocal support-just doesn't suit me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here