Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone actually care?

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
i'm glad i wasn't sat next to someone like you last night.

i say agin - TOSSER!!

i'm gutted i wasn't sat next you last night in that case, would have been more meaningful to wind someone like you up than be in the third round of a cup we have no chance of winning.

at least i would have achieved something worthwhile!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
i'm gutted i wasn't sat next you last night in that case, would have been more meaningful to wind someone like you up than be in the third round of a cup we have no chance of winning.

So I suppose the Cup competitions should only have the Premiership teams in it then - after all, nobody else has got a chance of winning it have they, so whats the point of anyone else turning up ?

Idiot.

Hang on, while it isn't necessarily being expressed well I think he has a point. The way that some on here are going on last night was the greatest experience of their lives, better than the birth of children, getting married, losing virginty and so on. YES, it was a cracking game and a fantastic result, and one that will live on in the memory, but is it REALLY that important? Really?

I know it may, MAY, kick start the season and could be the beginning of a bright new era for the club, but to be honest from the reaction of some on here you could quite easily think that some people seriously need to take a look at themselves and get a life.

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
Hang on, while it isn't necessarily being expressed well I think he has a point. The way that some on here are going on last night was the greatest experience of their lives, better than the birth of children, getting married, losing virginty and so on. YES, it was a cracking game and a fantastic result, and one that will live on in the memory, but is it REALLY that important? Really?

I know it may, MAY, kick start the season and could be the beginning of a bright new era for the club, but to be honest from the reaction of some on here you could quite easily think that some people seriously need to take a look at themselves and get a life.

Exactly my point, other than the fact it shouldn't take a win against a Premiership side ON PENALTIES to kick start our season, when away wins at Crewe and Southend should have done that aplenty!!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Exactly my point, other than the fact it shouldn't take a win against a Premiership side ON PENALTIES to kick start our season, when away wins at Crewe and Southend should have done that aplenty!!

Cool. Thanks for telling me what to think. :shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If you "don't really care" about games and performances like the one last night, then I dunno what you're going to football for. Cos for me, thats what its all about. No its not "life changing" obviously. But its one of those rare games where we are the MASSIVE underdogs, but end up coming out on top. That is a feeling to savour, and it doesn't come around often, so I don't blame anyone for making the most of it.

Ask my 13 year old if he cared about it. He was absolutely MADE UP.

If you "don't really care" about games and performances like the one last night, then I dunno what you're going to football for. Cos for me, thats what its all about. No its not "life changing" obviously. But its one of those rare games where we are the MASSIVE underdogs, but end up coming out on top. That is a feeling to savour, and it doesn't come around often, so I don't blame anyone for making the most of it.

Easy, you know me and you know I care. Of course I do. It does matter to me when we play, win, lose or draw. My point is that some of the things I've seen here are so OTT about last night that either people are trying to outdo each other with "I love the Albion more than you" pissing contests or they really need something more in their lives.

I've been savouring the feeling of coming out on top against a team NAILED on to beat us since Richards stroked the penalty home, and I've had various conversations here at work today about the game and how great it was, but I'm not looking back on it, even with it that fresh in the memory and thinking it was a greater moment in my life than, well than something as mundane as passing my driving test.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Easy, you know me and you know I care. Of course I do. It does matter to me when we play, win, lose or draw. My point is that some of the things I've seen here are so OTT about last night that either people are trying to outdo each other with "I love the Albion more than you" pissing contests or they really need something more in their lives.

I've been savouring the feeling of coming out on top against a team NAILED on to beat us since Richards stroked the penalty home, and I've had various conversations here at work today about the game and how great it was, but I'm not looking back on it, even with it that fresh in the memory and thinking it was a greater moment in my life than, well than something as mundane as passing my driving test.

Course I know you care, and I agree Mr Arse, SOME perspective is necessary of course. Speaking personally, I'm not actually walking around on cloud 9 today (whatever that means - what DOES that mean ?), but it was one of the best nights ever at Withdean, and after some dark performances, its provided a nice chink of light on the season for now.

I just think Gollywog went a bit too far the other way with what seemed to me to be a "so WHAT ?" type attitude. Its a lot better than that. We even made the NATIONALS :thumbsup:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I said it on another thread: that was worth four home games without a win, indeed we might even owe the fates another couple.

I'd rather a couple of decent cup runs and a few more matches like yesterday as opposed to another push for the play-offs and another Cup defeat by Mansfield. I also appreciate that that is a minority view. *parttimefanwhodoesn'tgototheleaguegamesunlessitscheap*

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park

were you actually there last night?

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008

and your 13 year old son must understand all about the game, the ups and the downs!!

last night is an absolute false impression of the game!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
and your 13 year old son must understand all about the game, the ups and the downs!!

last night is an absolute false impression of the game!!

He's got his first season ticket this year, and has sat through four games of absolute unaldulterated DROSS before last night. I'm so happy for him that he's finally seen a cracking match with a great atmosphere, because (although he hadn't said anything, bless 'im), I'm sure he was just starting to wonder why we even bother following the Albion, and what the hell his old man had got him into for the next 8 months.

He knows its not ALWAYS like that- but it doesn't half make it all the sweeter for when it is.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
what, you mean, attend a game I had ZERO interest in whether we won or lost??

of course i wasn't there!!

i see, i get it now then, your just jealous that you were not there and are trying to justify your absence, well sorry but you missed a great game, great atmosphere, great players and a great result, shame on you. TOSSER, now f*** off.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
What's the big deal??

Why start a thread that you know is going to wind people up ? if you don't care, then don't bother with the Albion or NSC, whatever, please stop annoying people who do care about the Albion and who are also enjoying the moment.

In all honesty I have not a clue who you are but i would suggest you actually have nothing to do with brighton / The Albion and have joined purely to annoy others on here, please don't !

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
i see, i get it now then, your just jealous that you were not there and are trying to justify your absence, well sorry but you missed a great game, great atmosphere, great players and a great result, shame on you. TOSSER, now f*** off.

yep that's it!!

I wasn't there because i didn't want to go, as i said, i had ZERO interest in the match.

I was offered a ticket on numerous occaisions and declined each time because i cannot justify paying that amount of money for something so pointless, i'd rather wipe my arse with the notes!!

and no, i won't be going to the Derby game, or the Derby v Tottenham game!!

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
Why start a thread that you know is going to wind people up ? if you don't care, then don't bother with the Albion or NSC, whatever, please stop annoying people who do care about the Albion and who are also enjoying the moment.

In all honesty I have not a clue who you are but i would suggest you actually have nothing to do with brighton / The Albion and have joined purely to annoy others on here, please don't !

i did not set out to annoy people, but when people start insulting me, i am not going to sit back and accept it.

it will be double standard for Fred Oliver not to be banned after him on numerous occasion calling me a "tosser", despite me doing nothing to insult him in a personal manner.

Looking at some of the recent bannings, that is banning material!!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Slightly "shocking" racist username? Check. Talk attention-clamouring crap about how - wow - he's not that bothered about the Albion when they win? Check.

Tsk. Personally I blame the parents. They'll want the computer back soon anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here