Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dodgy phonecalls - please help

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
There is nothing really they can(or will) do about it.

I am sure we can collectively bugger up that person's phone. Send 100 texts from o2.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Spicy said:
BAG, I have tried feeding his phone number into various search engines but come up with nothing. I am glad you have contacted the police - maybe the next step is for the Daft BINT mafia to intervene. I reckon its someone you know.

I'd say it's highly likely it's somone you know.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Thats what happens when you meet many weirdo's on the net:rolleyes: and i certainly wouldn't worry about it as we all get weird phone calls.
I would happilly ring him up,but its a waste of my money:lolol: :lolol:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
ben andrews girlfriend said:
ok people - i keep getting really dodgy phonecalls from someone - he knows my name, keeps calling me "little laura" and stuff like that

Just a suggestion, but posting your real name for everyone to see on here may not be such a good idea either. I know there's a core of users who know each other, but anyone can come on and have a look. I know that wouldn't explain how this person got your number but I just think it's a bad idea making too much info public.

Hope you stop getting hassled - I'm sure a hundred NSC texts will be pretty persuasive!

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Juan Albion said:
Is there no website over there for looking up who owns that number?

If its pay as you go then no, its deffinetly an o2 number as o2 numbers start with 0771 - 0775. Hopefully you can get it sorted bag as no one deserves funny phone calls like that

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
It is an O2 number as it has an O2 message when I rang it.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
filthy said:
If its pay as you go then no, its deffinetly an o2 number as o2 numbers start with 0771 - 0775. Hopefully you can get it sorted bag as no one deserves funny phone calls like that

I believe it was dodgy texts as opposed to calls.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If it's an on contract phone then presumably the muppet can be traced by the police and 02 in about three seconds flat. If it's pay as you go, then maybe a bombardment of texts from NSC would maybe clog up their phone til they're force to call the O2 helpline or whatever and giving out their name and address. Only time I had anything similar happen was when me ex-missus got her mobile nicked and the muppet just made random calls to family & friends til the phone's credit ran out or more likely their retard's attention span gave out. Hopefully the same will happen here.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
The police and O2 will not do anything about it.

Unless the calls are threatening or anything there is nothing they can do.

I know nuisance calls are not nice but it is the same procedures on land lines. If you complain about nuisance calls they will offer to change your number - at a cost of about £38.

It may be worth ringing them up and pretending to be from O2 and saying they know that they have been making prank calls and if it continues their phone will be cut off.

It may scare them into stopping.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
fatboy said:

Presumably there's no harm in sending the creep two thousand 'We Want Falmer' messages then?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Thanks for all of this folks.

I think she has not received any calls today ( she is at work) but I will ask her tonight.

BTW If you want to report a crime, Hove Police station closes after 6 in the evening and shut on Sundays and Bank Holidays.:eek:

O2 will change her number 1nce for free after that there is a charge.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
fatboy said:

I know nuisance calls are not nice but it is the same procedures on land lines. If you complain about nuisance calls they will offer to change your number - at a cost of about £38.

I had nuisance and offensive phone calls whilst divorcing my exhusband (from the woman he went off with)

I had my landline phone number changed to ex directory free of charge.

It may be cheaper to buy a new SIM card BAG.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
That was lucky then Yorkie.

Don't buy another sim card you should not have to pay money for something that is not your fault.

I think we should all bombard him with We Want Falmer texts.

Register for 100 free texts here

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
You have to put your mobile number in, so surelly 02 will find out that you've been sending load of texts to him

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Good point.

It is not illegal to send loads of texts anyway and I am sure you can accidently send them to the wrong number.

Is there not an option on there to hide your number when sending texts?

I don't think he is in any position to start complainging about it anyway.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
fatboy said:
That was lucky then Yorkie.

No I was told by another lady at work that it was possible to go ex directory because of it. They couldn't have been more helpful.

I think O2's problem is that they wanted to speak to the account holder rather than BAG.
A lot of companies are like that. I found it very annoying that when we were moving utilities etc wouldn't take a change of address off me if it was Ned's name on the bill.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Yorkie said:
No I was told by another lady at work that it was possible to go ex directory because of it. They couldn't have been more helpful.

I think O2's problem is that they wanted to speak to the account holder rather than BAG.
A lot of companies are like that. I found it very annoying that when we were moving utilities etc wouldn't take a change of address off me if it was Ned's name on the bill.

Oh sorry I misread what you put. I read changing to ex directory as having your number changed free of charge.

Surely that wouldn't help as the person already had your number?

My phone contract is still under my dads name as I have had it since I was under 18. I just ring up and pretend to be him.

I think that if people complained every time they had a prank phone call it would waste a lot of O2's time and resources. They will only take notice if the phone calls are particularly threatening or abusive.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
No you didn't misread it. I was given a new number which was made ex directory.
That way the person couldn't continue although she did try several ways to find it out afterwards (but didn't)

BAG found the texts to be threatening in nature not just a nuisance.

She felt vulnerable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here