Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doctor Who

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not sure if this is the thread we were using for discussing the release of all the old Doctor Whos on the iPlayer.....a while back I expressed my dismay when Liz Shaw was replaced by Jo Grant. Well, having now finished watching all the Jo Grant episodes I can confirm I agree with whoever pulled me up - she turned out to be excellent. Not as good as Liz Shaw, but excellent nevertheless.

I am now starting the first Sarah Jane Smith episode. Crikey she looks young, but so far hasn't gasped 'Doctor!'. I found her to be very annoying when I was a teenager. Let's see how it pans out.

In this first episode I thought 'I recognise that actress'. A rather posh woman. I waited for the credits......June Brown. Later to emerge as Dot Cotton. Also the first appearance of the Sontarans. Good times.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Not sure if this is the thread we were using for discussing the release of all the old Doctor Whos on the iPlayer.....a while back I expressed my dismay when Liz Shaw was replaced by Jo Grant. Well, having now finished watching all the Jo Grant episodes I can confirm I agree with whoever pulled me up - she turned out to be excellent. Not as good as Liz Shaw, but excellent nevertheless.

I am now starting the first Sarah Jane Smith episode. Crikey she looks young, but so far hasn't gasped 'Doctor!'. I found her to be very annoying when I was a teenager. Let's see how it pans out.

In this first episode I thought 'I recognise that actress'. A rather posh woman. I waited for the credits......June Brown. Later to emerge as Dot Cotton. Also the first appearance of the Sontarans. Good times.
Fantastic to hear - I’ve only seen all the episodes through in order around five times, so plenty more times to enjoy them yet!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The classic series are still great although I remember giving up on it when McCoy was the doctor.

I'm on the edge of giving up on it again as I didn't enjoy 4 of the 8 episodes last series which is a high "miss rate". I thought episode 8 was abysmal after a decent episode 7.

No doubt I'll watch the Christmas Day episode but after that probably not. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here