Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doctor Who

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
David Tennant has filmed the Christmas Special and has agreed to do the 2009 specials. Far to early to speculate over a new doctor.

9.4m the overnight ratings which will go beyond 10m after timeshift. Bloody brilliant ratings!

Its currently top of the weekly ratings. If nothing beats it today then I'm led to believe that this will be the first time ever in its history that Doctor Who has been the most watched programme of the week!

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Its currently top of the weekly ratings. If nothing beats it today then I'm led to believe that this will be the first time ever in its history that Doctor Who has been the most watched programme of the week!

I think thats right as i'm sure VOTD got 2nd in the week behind the christmas addision of Eastenders last year.

I'm not really a massive fan of RTD's storys either as TMLS put he can't do reselutions but its hes two episodes that are the highest rated of that week.
It got abit too soapy near the end but it seems thats what most people like and if it keeps it popular and stays on our screen then i can't really moan too much as rather have that than a 15 year barren spell with only one wanky american tv movie.

Agree with RTD's resoulutions - my only gripe with the episode is why on Earth did the Daleks have a button on their own command ship to blow themselves up (or make them spin round doing silly dances).

Bring on the Moff I say, hoping the 2010 series will have a much darker tone.

And McGann is strongly rumoured to feature in one of the specials next year, please please please let it be true :)

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
However it was the usual SHIT from RTD. He can do cliffhangers but he cant do resolutions. THANK f*** he is going soon.

Why? People forget its a family show. Torchwood is there for the adults but RTD has it spot on for the kids. I sat there and watched it with my 8 year old and 10 year old and they absolutely loved it. Too many Doctor Who nerds get all stroppy about RTD and dissect everything he does and think they are clever to pick holes.

That planet gallifrey forum site is an absolute joke with some of the ludicrous comments. Loads of middle aged scifi geeks getting all uppety about storylines. Its a saturday evening entertainment show for gawds sake and the kids love it!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
some of the people on the doctor who forum really to get out more. And i say that as a member of it!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Why? People forget its a family show. Torchwood is there for the adults but RTD has it spot on for the kids. I sat there and watched it with my 8 year old and 10 year old and they absolutely loved it. Too many Doctor Who nerds get all stroppy about RTD and dissect everything he does and think they are clever to pick holes.

That planet gallifrey forum site is an absolute joke with some of the ludicrous comments. Loads of middle aged scifi geeks getting all uppety about storylines. Its a saturday evening entertainment show for gawds sake and the kids love it!
You can make it enjoyable for kids AND have a plot that makes sense. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Anyway Rose going off with the other "Doctor" - WRONG on every level.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
You can make it enjoyable for kids AND have a plot that makes sense. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Why? Cos you say so?:D

Like I said, my kids loved all that and I think that its more important what the kids think than a bunch of nerds who really should get out more!

And I thought the plot did make sense. Well my kids managed to follow it so you should have!

Its an entertainment show!

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey

I liked that - i thought it was really sweet!! It was giving her a part of him, so cute!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
New Doctor Who = David Morrisey??

From today's Sunday Mirror (which really IS the font of all weekend knowledge)

"The identity of the Timelord for the next outing of the popular BBC sci-fi show was up in the air at the series finale.

A trailer for the Christmas 2008 return showed both current Doctor David Tennant and the bookies' favourite to replace him, David Morrissey.

Earlier yesterday, bookies were kept on their toes after punters overwhelmingly backed Morrissey to succeed Tennant.

William Hill cut the price six times in the space of a few hours from 33/1 all the way to oddson.

It closed the book when some callers asked for bets of up to £5,000.

"Gamblers such as these are rarely wrong and we would be very surprised if he was not the next Timelord," said a Hill's spokesman."

So that would appear to be that then :shrug:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

I have two daughters aged 7 and 9 and they enjoy it yes, but RTD in the main writes his scripts for what I would call "heat reading" viewers with his pop culture
references, a sort of dumbed down Dr Who. Which is a shame because when he is on form he is a good writer.

Give me a Blink or Family of Blood, Fathers Day or Satan Pit anyday over an RTD script.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Fair play to the BBC for the Doctor Who revival. It's been a massive success. Sure the RTD scripts have been more SLY and ludicrous than thought-provoking, but wasn't that always the way with successful sci-fi? Besides, the beeb's matched the writing with excellent visual effects, very high quality acting, and superb marketing. Hard to fault, basically, and must-see telly of a Saturday evening for big kids of all ages. IMHO, like.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Far too cheesey last night.

agreed - a poor finish with all the soap opera bollocks

good to see a doctor that was willing to go on a killing spree though

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I thought it was very enjoyable, all loose ends tied up quite nicely and Tate out of the picture as a bonus. I'm rather hoping to bump in to her and say " Remember The Doctor" and watch her brain microwave itself.....

goodbye to an overblown fat arsed ginger gobshite !:yahoo:

Why? Cos you say so?:D

Like I said, my kids loved all that and I think that its more important what the kids think than a bunch of nerds who really should get out more!

And I thought the plot did make sense. Well my kids managed to follow it so you should have!

Its an entertainment show!

Mate, just because your kids enjoyed it doesn't give you the right to lambast other people for having an opinion or make them "nerds" ???

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Mate, just because your kids enjoyed it doesn't give you the right to lambast other people for having an opinion or make them "nerds" ???

Have you read some of the utter twattishness on that forum?

Read this BINFEST about it being an 'insult to regenerations in the history of doctor who. If that isn't nerdy, then i don't know what the hell is!

Then there's this, pages of people who CRIED! Christ, it wasn't even sad - nobody died, Rose got a happy ending, all was well.

What a load of old shit. Squee. :jester:

Have you read some of the utter twattishness on that forum?

Read this BINFEST about it being an 'insult to regenerations in the history of doctor who. If that isn't nerdy, then i don't know what the hell is!

Then there's this, pages of people who CRIED! Christ, it wasn't even sad - nobody died, Rose got a happy ending, all was well.

What a load of old shit. Squee. :jester:

Ahh, so you're the NSC resident moaner I've heard so much about ;)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just watched it ( cricket yesterday so missed its original showing). Excellent episode...extremely well acted. Brilliant entertainment ( isnt that what its all about?)

So Martha Jones and Mickey replaces Tosh and the other character in Torchwood?

I think Tennant should carry on as long as he wants...he is a very good actor. I confess I didn't like Tate......I thought throughout she was playing one of her shows characters....

Interesting point though in the Library one where the lady from the future was his "companion" in the future and also what happened to his "daughter"

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Three words: Spin off show !

I think thee is scope for at least two others apart from Torchwood.....didnt someone at the BBC say the there would be a kiddie CBBC's version with his "daughter"

You can also have a Rose/Doctor one too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here