Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doctor Who

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To be honest, If I wanted to watch something that I would have to sit and analyse, I would watch The Snow's programmes about battlefields through the ages, or Panorama.

IMHO Dr Who is a rattling good watch, terrific family entertainment and the acting is excellent. The stories are superb, well put together and dont require much thought. the actors are appealing ( My Mrs and the young gafferettes recon tennant is super fit) and I think the assistants have been lovelly ( Billie and the new one) and the baddies excellent - The Master was just brilliant.

just cast your mind back a few years and remember what the BBC offered us on a Saturday night....Ian Wright and wanabees, Shane Richie and wanabee brides....in short DROSS. Now we have just had something that many many millions of people enjoy..

I never understanbd why people try to disect popularist programmes, its almost like thos epeople who watch telly just to be able to write to the BBC complaining about continuity differences...." Ooooh look, he has three hairs hanging out of his nostril, now he has only two......."

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I have to admit that on first hearing the news about Tate, it doesn't excite me as much for the new series but her characther the bride did start to warm to me nearer the end of the episode so hopefully they will tone her down a little and not be as bad as i first feared

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
According to today's Sun (yes it's only the Sun...but even so), Catherine Tate is reprising her role as the sidekick after Freema was axed as a series regular. The BBC last night confirmed Catherine will appear in the entire 13 week run of the series. Freema is being sent to Torchwood. From what you've said she's obviously playing some sort of cameo role or something next season? I've read they want a second assistant who is male this time.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
According to today's Sun (yes it's only the Sun...but even so), Catherine Tate is reprising her role as the sidekick after Freema was axed as a series regular. The BBC last night confirmed Catherine will appear in the entire 13 week run of the series. Freema is being sent to Torchwood. From what you've said she's obviously playing some sort of cameo role or something next season? I've read they want a second assistant who is male this time.

torchwoodjack_400wide.jpg
?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
That would be too...obvious?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Maybe I should actually try and get onto Outpost Gallifrey instead of posting nonsense from the Sun and second guessing what they might do...

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I heard a rumour that Freema was only signed up for a series, so that she could be the companion that would help the doctor get over Rose and then bring in a brand new companion next series. But then the production team saw how popular she was with fans, made a planB where they then added in the plot device to bring her back for the next series hence why the last episode was 5 minutes longer than normal. Afterwards then looked in to bring Tate back.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Who or what is 'JNT'?

A producer who overstayed his welcome by about 5 years. Should have left after Davison. But didnt.

A producer who insisted on getting "guest" stars at every opportunity - Ken Dodd, Beryl Reid, "casting" Bonnie Langford...(ok well she has now proved herself in the audios) etc etc

The similarities are endless....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here