Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doctor Who

I know, I've read some of the obsessive drivel on there before and choose not to go on that site anymore.

As you say, they seem to think Doctor Who is aimed at them and feel the need to dissect every episode.

Just ask the kids if they enjoyed it and ignore the DannySeagulls of the world as its not aimed at them anyway

Crikey I only said I was disappointed there's no need for the high horse jumping. Do kids pay the TV licence then?

What's wrong with wanting a suspenseful, exciting drama like Blink rather then the campy, OTT cheesefests that RTD serves up? I thought tonight's episode was ok but not on par with The Parting of the Ways or Doomsday and ruined in parts by RTD's obsession with playing silly dance tunes over scenes of Earth being destroyed etc.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
The TITANIC? Crashing into the TARDIS?

Who's going to REPAIR the TARDIS then?

Gosh, the CHRISTMAS SPECIAL promises to be INTRIGUING.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World

Never even knew that site existed.

OutpostGallifrey.jpg

No wonder I couldn't get on. And we think NSC has problems with 5,000 members. At this very moment - Who's Online: 342 (321 members), and I know it's based in the USA, but even so this is impressive.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I thought it was brilliant and I also enjoyed the Weakest Link - K9 was voted off too early.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I was a bit disappointed too, I guess because the episodes preceding it were so good and pacey that this one seemed a bit sluggish in comparison. I'm glad they put in that bit at the end where the Master's ring is retrieved with an ethereal Ainley-like cackle in the background - you CAN'T kill the Master!!

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Crikey I only said I was disappointed there's no need for the high horse jumping. Do kids pay the TV licence then?

What's wrong with wanting a suspenseful, exciting drama like Blink rather then the campy, OTT cheesefests that RTD serves up? I thought tonight's episode was ok but not on par with The Parting of the Ways or Doomsday and ruined in parts by RTD's obsession with playing silly dance tunes over scenes of Earth being destroyed etc.

No, kids don't pay the TV licence but then this isn't an adult show, its a family show.

This constant critisism of RTD by so called Dr Who purists is so silly.
Doctor Who faded away 20 years ago because viewers were bored with the plastic acting and cardboard sets - not only has RTD brought it back for the 21st century he has made it into the beebs flagship show and guaranteed the 7pm Xmas day slot (the most coveted on TV).

I watched it as a kid and now watch it as a parent from my kids point of view and I can definately say that however much I enjoyed the show back in the 70's I was never as mesmerised as this generation are by Russell t Davies' creation. He has this spot on for his target audience - the kids!

Like I said, I watched this as a child and now watch it with my children. When I was a 20something year old I had much better things to do on a Saturday evening than stay in for a sci-fi show. I wasn't "high-horse jumping" I was just trying to point out that maybe the show isn't aimed at you:D

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I'm so excited about the christmas special now as my favourite episodes are the historical ones!

Lat nights episode got 8 million viewers, and is currently 5 in the most watched shows of the week, with only todays ratings left to go so a great sussess alround really!

I prefered this to the previous 2 years series finaly's and apparently Martha's futher is going to be annonuced in the papers tomorrow. But i belive she might be involved with either Torchwood, or pop up in the series again at a later date like Jack did, deffinetly don't think we've seen the last of her!

Got tickets yesterday to go and see Colin Baker and Lousia Jamerson at the Theater Royal on friday, so will beable to get my weekley who fix then :lol:

I was a bit disappointed too, I guess because the episodes preceding it were so good and pacey that this one seemed a bit sluggish in comparison. I'm glad they put in that bit at the end where the Master's ring is retrieved with an ethereal Ainley-like cackle in the background - you CAN'T kill the Master!!

Careful mate, don't you know you're not allowed to have an opinion on the 3rd most watched program in the country, if you're over the age of 10 you best stop watching :rolleyes:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sure it's got its faults, as in Martha Jones has been walking the earth for a year etc etc but surely even the sternest critic would agree that as Saturday evening prime-time entertainment - and one nominally aimed at kids - it's got an infinitely better class of writing, directly and (over) acting than, say, Holby city or 90% or the other braindead stuff that fills the terrestrial drama schedules.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Sure it's got its faults, as in Martha Jones has been walking the earth for a year e

You mean using a teleport device to get around the world and letting people believed she'd walked :thumbsup:

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
¤Dã?n¥ §êãGüLL¤;2062077 said:
Careful mate, don't you know you're not allowed to have an opinion on the 3rd most watched program in the country, if you're over the age of 10 you best stop watching :rolleyes:

:thud: I assume that was aimed at me?

Jeez, now who's high horse jumping!

I only commented on your post because of OTT comments like -

"RTD has to go now"

Hardly the same as just having an opinion

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
UKTV Gold (or whatever its called nowadays) will be doing a special Doctor Who Weekend on 14th and 15th July

Schedule, though subject to change is

Saturday July 14th:
8.00am An Unearthly Child - Part 1- Hartnell
8.35am The Chase- Episode ? - Hartnell
9.10am The Chase - Part 5 - Hartnell
9.40am Inferno - Part 1 - Pertwee
10.10am Inferno - Part 7 - Pertwee
10.40am The Caves of Androzani - Davison / Colin Baker
12.40 pm The Curse of Fenric - McCoy
2.30pm The Three Doctors - Pertwee, Troughton, Hartnell
4.25pm The Deadly Asassin - Tom.Baker
6.00pm Rose - Eccleston
7.00pm The Empty Child - Ecclestom
8.00pm The Doctor Dances - Eccleston

Sunday July 15th:
8.00am The Chase - Part 5 -Hartnell
8.30am The Two Doctors - Colin Baker / Patrick Troughton
11.20am Attack of the Cybermen - Colin Baker
1.15pm The TV Movie - Paul McGann
3.00pm Rose - Eccleston
4.00pm The Parting of the Ways - Eccleston
5.00pm New Earth - Tennant
6.00pm School Reunion - Tennant
7.00pm Army of Ghosts - Tennant
8.00pm Doomsday - Tennant

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Just watched it, a bit disappointed really.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
BBC News have reported that a new companion will be joining the TARDIS for next year. Alex Stanger on BBC3's 60 Seconds news programme at 8:00pm said:

"Not one but two assistants for Doctor Who in the next series. Freema's going to miss a few episodes so that the Time Lord can fit another companion into his TARDIS."

There was no mention of who would play the role, but on the commentary for Last of the Time Lords Russell T Davies mentioned a major announcement to be made on Monday. Watch the media closely!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
BBC News have reported that a new companion will be joining the TARDIS for next year. Alex Stanger on BBC3's 60 Seconds news programme at 8:00pm said:

"Not one but two assistants for Doctor Who in the next series. Freema's going to miss a few episodes so that the Time Lord can fit another companion into his TARDIS."

There was no mention of who would play the role, but on the commentary for Last of the Time Lords Russell T Davies mentioned a major announcement to be made on Monday. Watch the media closely!

Maybe a male companion, to balance it out somewhat with one companion of each gender. If it were another female, I'd worry it might descend into two women fighting over the Doc.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
UKTV Gold (or whatever its called nowadays) will be doing a special Doctor Who Weekend on 14th and 15th July

Schedule, though subject to change is

Saturday July 14th:
8.00am An Unearthly Child - Part 1- Hartnell
8.35am The Chase- Episode ? - Hartnell
9.10am The Chase - Part 5 - Hartnell
9.40am Inferno - Part 1 - Pertwee
10.10am Inferno - Part 7 - Pertwee
10.40am The Caves of Androzani - Davison / Colin Baker
12.40 pm The Curse of Fenric - McCoy
2.30pm The Three Doctors - Pertwee, Troughton, Hartnell
4.25pm The Deadly Asassin - Tom.Baker
6.00pm Rose - Eccleston
7.00pm The Empty Child - Ecclestom
8.00pm The Doctor Dances - Eccleston

Sunday July 15th:
8.00am The Chase - Part 5 -Hartnell
8.30am The Two Doctors - Colin Baker / Patrick Troughton
11.20am Attack of the Cybermen - Colin Baker
1.15pm The TV Movie - Paul McGann
3.00pm Rose - Eccleston
4.00pm The Parting of the Ways - Eccleston
5.00pm New Earth - Tennant
6.00pm School Reunion - Tennant
7.00pm Army of Ghosts - Tennant
8.00pm Doomsday - Tennant

Bit odd showing random bits of the chase. inferno however is classic, should scrap the naff two doctors and attack of the cybermen and play that in full. deadly assasin is amazing though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here