Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doctor Who

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
If it were another female, I'd worry it might descend into two women fighting over the Doc.

Nothing wrong with a good bitch fight.
142.png

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Very good episode indeed - for some reason I can't get on OG this morning - perhaps too many people in there?

So ends a classic series of New Who... only 6 months until Xmas.

One thing that has also been mentioned by the BBC - Martha is going to be in 3 episodes of Torchwood this year - so that will be interesting.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It was OK.

RTD writes DWho for the "big brother" watching masses. That is he writes "cod", poplularist pap and puts it cheesy disco songs.

Other writers write with care and treat their audiences a little more "cerebrally".

In fairness that was a very good twist with the "Toclafane", although the Flash Gordon bit where the Masters ring gets picked up did make me chuckle - another camp as christmas film that one!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It was OK.

RTD writes DWho for the "big brother" watching masses. That is he writes "cod", poplularist pap and puts it cheesy disco songs.

Other writers write with care and treat their audiences a little more "cerebrally".

In fairness that was a very good twist with the "Toclafane", although the Flash Gordon bit where the Masters ring gets picked up did make me chuckle - another camp as christmas film that one!

I agree with you, but as far as the Master is concerned, that's how it's always been - just imagine the outcry from the fanboy masses if RTD had killed off the master once and for all (and I know it's happened before) without any way back. All he's done is pay homage to a number of films (classic hammer horror for one) with the way back for the master.

On the subject of the episode I have a problem with:

1. Doctor growing younger and flying due to psychic field (and getting jedi powers).
2. How did the Tardis repair itself?
3. Why did the doctor become dobby the house elf when aged by the master?
4. How did the Titanic get inside the Tardis?

So, you can see that I don't see RTD as a great scriptwriter, but he does have a skill at setting out the story arcs for a season... he just needs to let people like Cornell and Moffat write more episodes.

P.S. How Many on here are OG members?

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
UKTV Gold (or whatever its called nowadays) will be doing a special Doctor Who Weekend on 14th and 15th July

Schedule, though subject to change is

Saturday July 14th:
8.00am An Unearthly Child - Part 1- Hartnell
8.35am The Chase- Episode ? - Hartnell
9.10am The Chase - Part 5 - Hartnell
9.40am Inferno - Part 1 - Pertwee
10.10am Inferno - Part 7 - Pertwee
10.40am The Caves of Androzani - Davison / Colin Baker
12.40 pm The Curse of Fenric - McCoy
2.30pm The Three Doctors - Pertwee, Troughton, Hartnell
4.25pm The Deadly Asassin - Tom.Baker
6.00pm Rose - Eccleston
7.00pm The Empty Child - Ecclestom
8.00pm The Doctor Dances - Eccleston

Sunday July 15th:
8.00am The Chase - Part 5 -Hartnell
8.30am The Two Doctors - Colin Baker / Patrick Troughton
11.20am Attack of the Cybermen - Colin Baker
1.15pm The TV Movie - Paul McGann
3.00pm Rose - Eccleston
4.00pm The Parting of the Ways - Eccleston
5.00pm New Earth - Tennant
6.00pm School Reunion - Tennant
7.00pm Army of Ghosts - Tennant
8.00pm Doomsday - Tennant

Should be a good excuse for siting down all day doing nowt.."I'm educating the Boy in the History of the Doctor."

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I agree with you, but as far as the Master is concerned, that's how it's always been - just imagine the outcry from the fanboy masses if RTD had killed off the master once and for all (and I know it's happened before) without any way back. All he's done is pay homage to a number of films (classic hammer horror for one) with the way back for the master.

On the subject of the episode I have a problem with:

1. Doctor growing younger and flying due to psychic field (and getting jedi powers).
2. How did the Tardis repair itself?
3. Why did the doctor become dobby the house elf when aged by the master?
4. How did the Titanic get inside the Tardis?

So, you can see that I don't see RTD as a great scriptwriter, but he does have a skill at setting out the story arcs for a season... he just needs to let people like Cornell and Moffat write more episodes.

P.S. How Many on here are OG members?

It was female that picked up the ring. The Rani? Or Lucy being an incarnation of her?

But yes I think the titanic was a referene to the holes you can drive through RTD scripts and plots. He will say thats up to the fanboys to do their fictions on 1, 2 & 3. As for 4 that will probably be explained somehow (materialised around it?).

Hopefully RTD will take more of a backseat for series 4. Good news is Moffatt has a 2 parter :thumbsup:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Season 3 has been great and the best yet IMO but I didn't like Saturdays episode that much. The 1 year on felt a bit of a cop out. The crazy, pacey insanity of the Master in the set up seemed to disolve. Captin Jack thing seemed a bit lame. I dunno, cant put my finger on, didnt enjoy it, but loved most of the series so nevermind. My favourite final ep was last years Daleks/Cybermen. Superb. The lines between them were fantastic.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I have to admit i'm not a massive fan of RTD episodes, but hes only doing 4 episodes next season, and apparently from the commentary that you can download he hinted that next season was going to be hes last.
Aslo the master won't be back next year but they added the ring bit for futher production team to beable to use if they do want to bring back the master.

Papa Lazarou, i did try and register with OG but it wouln't execpt my e-mail address so gave up. But some of the sites i do go on do seem to take take everything far to seriously! They are already talking about the fact that eccelsone mentioned in both Rose and The End of the world episodes that he was on the Titanic and how are the current production team going to get around this fact for the xmas special. So i think i'm best of not being able to log on OG as would ruin my enjoyment of the series

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I thought that it was a pile of shite - and that was a real shame as i had really enjouyd the series up until this weekends episode.

A work colleague of mine, who is a moderator on OG, thought that it was shite as well.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Indeed joddle fodder and sci-fi geekery together on christmas day!

Kylie stars in festive Doctor Who

Russell T Davies is "delighted" to have Kylie in the show
Pop star Kylie Minogue is to have "a major lead role" in this year's Christmas special of Doctor Who.
The star will join David Tennant for Voyage of the Damned, an hour-long show following on from the current series, which ended in the UK on Saturday.

"This will be the most ambitious and best Christmas episode yet," promised executive producer Russell T Davies, who has also written the script.

Filming is scheduled to begin in Cardiff later this month.

'Delighted and excited'

There had been rumours for several weeks that Minogue, who halted her Showgirl world tour for 18 months when she was diagnosed with breast cancer, would appear in the show.

And Davies said he was "delighted and excited" to confirm the 39-year-old's participation.

Minogue, whose debut single I Should Be So Lucky topped the charts in 1987, is currently working on her 10th studio album.

Last year's Christmas special of Doctor Who - The Runaway Bride - starred comedian Catherine Tate alongside Tennant.

She played a woman who was upset at being transported into space as she walked down the aisle on her wedding day.

The episode, broadcast on BBC One on Christmas Day, attracted an audience of 9.4 million.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Further proof that RTD is morphing into JNT with his choice of guest stars....

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Last year's Christmas special of Doctor Who - The Runaway Bride - starred comedian Catherine Tate alongside Tennant.

You know how the Doc is getting a new companion for the next series... ;)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ok - I give up - I will happily join your disgruntled Dr Who fan club... :rant:

Told you its going the way of JNT...

Still this might be RTD last season, but as someone posted as a storyrunner he is great but his scripts well he reached his zenith with Doomsday.

But he really is a very very poor Dr Who writer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here