Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doctor Who.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
So I've seen 727 of them? Wow! :ohmy:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I'm a Doctor Who newbie, and can't help but think that Tennant is BRILLIANT.

Is he actually not all that compared to previous Doctors?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Withdean Wanderer said:

A bit of a beauty in the eye of the beholder thing.

I rate him better than many, including Colin Baker, Sylvester Mcoy and the last one.

Long way to go to catch Tom Baker and possibly Pertwee but would make him 3rd or 4th in my veiw.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Withdean Wanderer said:

People opinions vary massivly compared to what Doctor they gre up with mostly. Tom Baker is probably the most popular. I'm a Hartnell fan tho!

Oh, and Tennant is fantastic, absolutly fantastic.

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
I thought Saturday's episode was great - classic sci-fi plot but with the Dr Who treatment, certainly way better than the silly Shakespeare one the previous week. Graphics were good considering it's a BBC TV show. Not sure whether the new assistant measures up to Billy Piper's ability yet, though.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
thought last nights was good - much better than the Shakespeare one that i actually walked out on half way through - utter drivel.

David Tennant is a great Doctor and will be the achieve the stature of Tom Baker in the minds of the current crop of 8-10 year olds. I also like the new assistant - quite a lively one in my opinion. I never liked Billie - i thought that she was too bland.

Each to their own...

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
As mentioned it does depend on who was the doctor when you were growing up and i've always have a soft spot for McCoy. Ive always liked Troughton more than Pertwee but i think it might be down to the storys and that alot of the laters was based on earth and only involved alien invasion.

My copy of Survival turned up on dvd today and well can't wait to watch it

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Martha Jones is drop-dead gorgeous. Fact :love:

180px-Marthajones.jpg

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
She's got a pineapple on her head.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
dougdeep said:
She's got a pineapple on her head.

Blimey! You're RIGHT! :ohmy:

Never actually looked beyond the leather jacket and the gorgeous bone structure and saucy suggestive smile before, has to be said. Well SPOTTED! :clap:

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Kenhead said:
I thought last night was a good little episode, ok not the best as the plot line was rather slim but a good premise about being stuck in a jam for what seems like forever.

They could have filmed it on the M25 to make it more realistic.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
My ten year old has gone from being a Dr Who fanatic to being largely disinterested in the current series, in no small part due to the lack of her hero Rose, coupled with the fact that Russell T Davies really does conceive and write and some absolute cack (and in my opinion always has done as far as Dr Who is concerned), but is considered an untouchable god by BBC Wales.

As that glorious rock band of the same name once sang "We won't get fooled again Russell"

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Tom Hark said:
Martha Jones is drop-dead gorgeous. Fact :love:

But she's gonna suffer from a serious black womans arse in a few years. :p

It looks like it has the potential to be huge - she'll be turning sideways thru doorways by the time she'd 30 :(

Meola At Home

Apr 9, 2007
Les Biehn said:
I haven't watched any of them except for last night and I thought it was awful. Bad acting, script, premise...

Les mate thats because it was written by Russell T Davies and its generally accepted that his scripts are usually amongst the worse in every series.

The next 2 episodes are not written by him...

I used to think William Hartnell's series' were well brilliant.

Having recently picked up a dvd of that era, I realise how cobbled together that stuff was!

Daleks were new then though, and obviously they WERE an amazing piece of imagination - still the best baddies ever, anywhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here