Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you want this man to coach England?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Bolton boss Sam Allardyce was incensed his side were not awarded at least one penalty in the first leg of their Uefa Cup tie with Marseille.

Frederic Dehu appeared to handle Jay-Jay Okocha's cross and Stelios Giannakopoulos fell under a challenge from Lorik Cana in the second half.

"The handball was an absolute definite - a screamer, a 120% penalty," said Allardyce after the 0-0 draw.

"It appeared the referee did not want to give anything controversial."

Bolton's failure to score leaves them with a difficult task in the second leg of the last-32 tie in the Stade Velodrome on 23 February.

Report: Bolton 0-0 Marseille

"It is a difficult place to play, so our chances will depend on what happens in the first 15 to 20 minutes," added Allardyce.

"We will have to weather the storm, like they did here, and play our way into the game.

"If we can nick an away goal I would be confident but it is going to be very tight over there and it won't be easy for us."

Marseille had five players booked in a fractious tie and Bolton striker Kevin Davies admitted he was surprised by their approach.

"It was tough out there, they got men behind the ball and made it difficult for us tonight," he said.

"It was physical, it was surprising, they obviously studied us and tried to match us."

120%??

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
It's not possible for anything to be 120% as the maximum you can have is 100%.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:

Do England managers now need literacy and numerical tests. That's most of them f***ed then :ohmy:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
junior said:

I think Steve Coppell should be the next England manager.

Who would replace him though when he quit after one game due to the pressure?

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
No, I want Martin O'Neil, and I think I'm gonna get my wish you know !!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I reckon Steve Coppell on the England bench would be reminiscent of someone in a staring competition in Big Train.

The guy on the right, perhaps...

Stare%20Out.JPG

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Downloaded Penguin said:
It's not possible for anything to be 120% as the maximum you can have is 100%.

My next pay rise will be 120%....

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
In the context it's used it's not possible to have more than 100% unless he's refering to more tham one penalty.

So perhaps he meant there was one instance that was a certain penalty (100%) and one which would only be awarded to Man U at Old Trafford (20%).

Still misunderstanding of percentages isn't as annoying as commentators dribbling on about away goals counting double. No they f***'ng don't you dribbling morons

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Well, Eriksson would no doubt think that the best you can get is 100%, but Alladyce feels that 120% is the max, there being the difference between the two individuals. Sven, the practical, calm, unfazed, everything nice and neat and in it's place, Sam the heart on his sleeve, enthusiastic, passionate, even fiery get the job done Englishman.

I know which one I would prefer, and it's not that pathetic Swede.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here