Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you want Lynch back?

Should we be trying to get Lynch back?

• Total voters

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'd love to see him back but I don't think it's very plausible. Unless Forest decide they are not interested at all we'll probably have to sell, for a cut price fee in all likelihood. Hopefully any future talents from the youth team are treated better.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
I Cant believe people want him back after what he did some of you seem to have forgotten .1) He threw his toys out of the pram just because he was dropped 2) He refused to play at northampton 3) He wants to play in higher division 4) He was a liability IMO

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, if he wants to come back... somehow, I doubt that tho'...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I Have to say he was kind of dropped for Hawkins...:laugh:

From memory, he picked up an injury in pre-season and neither Elphick or Hawkins warranted being dropped. He then handed in a transfer request three/four games into the season?

Forest didn't suddenly apppear out of nowhere, I suspect that his agent had been working behind the scenes way before then. It was documented on here, by a former player, that his attitude left a lot to be desired. I am sure it is frustrating when you are not playing, but a good idea to get your head down and win your place back as opposed to demanding a move. Possibly a bit too simplistic.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I Cant believe people want him back after what he did some of you seem to have forgotten .1) He threw his toys out of the pram just because he was dropped 2) He refused to play at northampton 3) He wants to play in higher division 4) He was a liability IMO

And he all but called us a tinpot club.

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
The thing that amazes me is - if it's true - Brighton do not keep in touch with our players out on loan. Even players who are now out of contract are kept in the dark about their prospects. Good communication is the key to good relationships. Keep talking... keep talking... even if there's really nothing to say. That's why I say a woman (perhaps one of the daft bints on here) should deal with communications. If we can decide who gets the last sweet - the three year old or the six year old - and keep the peace, we can negotiate any contract in the world!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
From memory, he picked up an injury in pre-season and neither Elphick or Hawkins warranted being dropped. He then handed in a transfer request three/four games into the season?

Forest didn't suddenly apppear out of nowhere, I suspect that his agent had been working behind the scenes way before then. It was documented on here, by a former player, that his attitude left a lot to be desired. I am sure it is frustrating when you are not playing, but a good idea to get your head down and win your place back as opposed to demanding a move. Possibly a bit too simplistic.

Absolute garbage.For some reason Adams just didn't like him.Lynch is far better then most of our defenders and when he was used against Northampton in the jpt and did well he was dropped for no reason.Lynch knows he is better then some of our defenders so why not get upset when he isn't picked? Once again poor management from Adams.Why rip the defence apart that Wilkins built and was doing well? He is one player i want back in an Albion shirt more then any other loanies.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Absolute garbage.For some reason Adams just didn't like him.Lynch is far better then most of our defenders and when he was used against Northampton in the jpt and did well he was dropped for no reason.Lynch knows he is better then some of our defenders so why not get upset when he isn't picked? Once again poor management from Adams.Why rip the defence apart that Wilkins built and was doing well? He is one player i want back in an Albion shirt more then any other loanies.

Yes he does "Know he is better than some of our defenders" thats not a good thing thats just arrogance and he should of respected the managers decision wether or not he was wrong to drop him, Sorry but Lynch isnt better than our current defence and if he wasnt to be playing he would just throw his toys out of the pram as he did before
Get rid while we still can i say anyone who doesnt want to fight for his place can be gone.....:tosser:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Lynch went off injured in the pre-season friendly against Luton and was not deemed fit enough for the Crewe game. We were then unbeaten in five (conceding two goals in the process). How is that garbage? That is fact. Adams saw fit to keep the defence as it was and who could blame him? He did get a chance after the Northampton game and that was Scunthorpe when we lost 4-1.

Lynch is, on his day, better than most of our defenders, but that is no reason for him to demand a transfer after a difficult start to the season (for him) when the team were unbeaten in six.

I can't see what is garbage from what I have written.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Half of all the voters want him back if he wants to come back and that may well be a sticking point!

There is nothing in any of the options to specify whether we hate Lynch or not, anyway.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
New manager , new broom and clean sweep so lest see what they can come up with between them. I do not think that he is so good that we have to beg and prey for him to come back but if he wants to then we must consider our options.

Oct 7, 2006
Eastbourne
get the money for him then Slade can strengthen where he feels he needs.

i saw him jogging in eastbourne yesterday. seems strange for a player to still be getting his fitness going after the season has ended, most get away for a break.

i wonder if Forest told him his fitness needs to improve if they are to sign him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here