Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you want Lynch back?

Should we be trying to get Lynch back?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Opinion seems to be divided on this with strong opinions one way or the other, what's yours?

spunkmonkey

Jul 11, 2005
Eastbourne
I'd like him to stay but he clearly thinks he is better than us, so for that reason get shot and make some good money from the fella and a nice sell on clause wouldn't go amiss.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Quality defender who will make the squad better, should try very hard to sort out the problems and get him back in. And no I don't care what has gone on before or things that may have been said or not said

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
f*** him, If he storms off everytime he is dropped, refuses to play and doesnt want to fight for his place then he should piss off.
Thanks, but no thanks.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Can't we have a fence?

I imagine there isn't much of a chance of him "wanting" to come back seeing as he is playing in front of big crowds for former European Champions in a higher division.

That said if he is professional and comes back and gives his all then he would obviously be a good addition top the team/squad.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
If he wants to come back then he'd be a great asset. If not, that reported figure of £200k looks very tempting..

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I really don't care. I'm not bitter he wanted to play first team football and took an opportunity to move up a division.

I remember him being really good when he first broke into the team, but I don't remember him being particularly great last year (or at least towards the end of it - didn't he get injured or something, and was out a while, and came back and hadn't quite found his top form?).

I don't get why some people are so desperate to have him back, and why others are so offended by him moving on.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Can't we have a fence?

I imagine there isn't much of a chance of him "wanting" to come back seeing as he is playing in front of big crowds for former European Champions in a higher division.

That said if he is professional and comes back and gives his all then he would obviously be a good addition top the team/squad.

Unlike on another thread, I completely agree with you on this one!

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Get him back if we can but only as cover for Elphick and Virgo, If he doesn't like it he can royally do one a far as i'm concerned, i'd rather have a commited Hawkins than a half hearted sulky Lynch

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Sulking prima-donna who thought he was to big for BHA, even if he didn't like the manager then, he will be of a 'Forest-sized' set-up mentality now so let him go, take the money - See if he does as well as other players who've left in the last few years :lolol: (bar Bobby). Slade doesn't want to be having to be soothing big egos while trying to build a TEAM for us, we cannot afford super egos (unless they can bang in 30 + goals per season)

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Sulking prima-donna who thought he was to big for BHA, even if he didn't like the manager then, he will be of a 'Forest-sized' set-up mentality now so let him go, take the money - See if he does as well as other players who've left in the last few years :lolol: (bar Bobby). Slade doesn't want to be having to be soothing big egos while trying to build a TEAM for us, we cannot afford super egos (unless they can bang in 30 + goals per season)

Well said, I Only want players who are willing to fight for the team rather than f*** off as soon as they are dropped, Infact I would prefer El-abd at least he fights !:lolol:

Dickyboy

Feb 2, 2009
rustington
No way, chucked his toys out of the pram as soon as he was not in the team rather than fight for his place Slade has obviously got a great team spirit going why rock the boat he is old news hopefully will be shipped out along with some of the deadwood lets take some good money off Forest and look to the future, enough said :rant:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I remember him being really good when he first broke into the team, but I don't remember him being particularly great last year (or at least towards the end of it - didn't he get injured or something, and was out a while, and came back and hadn't quite found his top form?).

Other than the two BRILLIANT games away at Forest and Leeds...

Apr 17, 2009
Rural East Sussex
If he is still under contract the club don't have to sell him. I hope that BIG BALD BEAUTIFUL RUSS will take him to one side and have a quiet word. Forest only just beat the drop so it is not as if he was playing for a top of the table championship side. I think he did not get on well with Adams, like a few of the other players, and to a certain degree I can understand how he felt. What was the point of bringing in Hawkins in the first place? It was not that long ago that there was speculation that premier clubs were looking at Lynch. With a new stadium on it's way and a decent ambitious new manager at the helm things have moved on since the dark days of Adams being in charge. Lynch is a good young prospect with championship experience who has alot to offer our club.
What has happened in the past cannot be changed. Forgive, forget and move forward.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Other than the two BRILLIANT games away at Forest and Leeds...

Sorry, are you just clarifying two exceptions to his otherwise poor form, or is that your way of saying my memories of his performances were wrong (which they very well may be)?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here