Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you want a drum at the Amex?

Do you want a drum at the Amex

• Total voters

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Look we know why this question is being asked, see Brighton Magiko thread. It's was suggested that we might need a drum at the start to keep it in time. That is all. No drum wanted to bang on through the game. Nothing. Some people are just against a new song and so are using the drum excuse to try to stop the new song. It's bollocks really, if you don't like the new Brighton Magiko song, don't join in, simple.

So this is how it works.
The Kernel of the NSK decides that they want to sing Magiko, so he sends a kourier to tell the drummer to get his drumsticks warmed upyThe drummer, who has a diploma in drumming BTW,he isn't just a footsoldier in the NSK,enters by the exit door at the back of theNorth Stand and sets the beat for Magiko
and the song is sung.
The drummer then leaves the arena and sits in a 6x6 tongue and groove shed outside the Amex, by the entrance to Diks, where he waits patiently
for the Kernel to call him back, when he decides its time to sing it again.

f*** off with your drum

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How do we see who voted yes? Probably Palace fans

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
what's wrong with using the backs of the stands to make noise?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Regarding 'magiko', having a drum in the Stadium for one song is the first step on a slippery slope. It only takes one toss-pot who wants to show himself as a 'die-hard' ultra before the drums comes out again and we end up like Bristol City. Now that was proper SHIT. The atmosphere in the Stadium has generally been good, the nervous moments against Palace aside.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
For me we should not have a drum. However, if we did have one the key is how it is used, if it is used to start the songs then it just dominates and it ends up with the drummer being the only one who starts songs, see Bristol City away for example. If the songs were started by others then a drummer just kept time it would be ok, it would slow some of us down at least, left siders in the North Stand I am talking to you. So generally a no but I can see an argument for a drum.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
f***. Off. No. I. Don't.

100% with you on that.

FFS - If I had one any near me I'd want my money back. It's just wrong.

I wouldn't be able to get my money back because I'd be banned after putting my foot through the f***ing thing.

Look we know why this question is being asked, see Brighton Magiko thread. It's was suggested that we might need a drum at the start to keep it in time. That is all. No drum wanted to bang on through the game. Nothing. Some people are just against a new song and so are using the drum excuse to try to stop the new song. It's bollocks really, if you don't like the new Brighton Magiko song, don't join in, simple.

If a new song needs a drum to keep it in time then the song needs replacing.

Any drum brought into the stadium would be banged the whole frigging game-and probably by some fat bellied twat who couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.

Regarding 'magiko', having a drum in the Stadium for one song is the first step on a slippery slope. It only takes one toss-pot who wants to show himself as a 'die-hard' ultra before the drums comes out again and we end up like Bristol City. Now that was proper SHIT. The atmosphere in the Stadium has generally been good, the nervous moments against Palace aside.

We Do Not Want (or need) A f***ing Drum so all of you teenage saddo's who can't get a song going without a drum should listen to a few 'big' clubs' fans to see how it's done. Liverpool's 'Scouser Tommy' or 'Fields of Anfield Road' have never needed a drum and they are long football songs lyrically.

Anyone who votes yes should be BANNED.

Correct.

All academic because the club has already said no to drums, trombones, trumpets or any other northern favoured musical instrument.

Long may that continue

I said NO on a thread a couple of weeks ago.
I said NO on a thread yesterday.
And now I'm saying NO on this one!
Along with many others on each occasion.
Would the minority of 'drum lovers' kindly give it a rest P L E A S E.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Def no. Atmosphere has been great so far, certainly don't need a drum. All for trying new songs but drums in grounds sound shite. Pretty certain our Greek friends don't need a drum to sing it.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Let's put it this way. The drum at Leicester did my head in and almost forced me to walk out.

That is all.

Cuffs

Jan 29, 2010
How about a trumpet playing the very short tune you here at the French/spanish games. Changing the allons! allons-y! for.........Seagulls

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here