• NO

Votes: 23 24.5%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Its illegal for both of then. Therefore surley if you ban 1066 you should have banned TGC? 1066 can be a xxxx but just cos he done something as illegal as TGC he is the only one to be banned? slightly hypocritical.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
DAMANCLAY said:
Its illegal for both of then. Therefore surley if you ban 1066 you should have banned TGC? 1066 can be a xxxx but just cos he done something as illegal as TGC he is the only one to be banned? slightly hypocritical. [/QUOTE

I wouldnt entirley dissagree with that. hadnt thought of it like that. I still think it was right to ban him this time though.

Last edited:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
How stupid. As you guys have just said, surely they must both be banned? They are both as bad as each other, both breaching copyright and IMO effecting the revenue of the club. Anyway, it's easy enough for anyone to get past a ban - just go on a proxy site.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
DAMANCLAY said:
Its illegal for both of then. Therefore surley if you ban 1066 you should have banned TGC? 1066 can be a xxxx but just cos he done something as illegal as TGC he is the only one to be banned? slightly hypocritical.
What 1066 and TGC did have nothing drectly to do with NSC. TGC merely uses it as a conduit to point out that there is some of someone else's material on a site he is hosting.

If TGC falls foul of the the copyright holders, that is his problem, and one he must face on his own. Those were the risks he knew he was taking, and as such asked everyone else to be discreet about viewing it. Although the internet is available to everyone everywhere, TGC's site would not be really found without going via NSC, unless someone inadvertently stumbled on it. 'Goals against Aston Villa from 1972' was never going to feature in too many people's Google searches.

What 1066 has done is shout from the highest rooftops about the whereabouts of TGC's website, specifically against his requests for discretion. 1066's justification for doing what he did was that he unilaterally believed everyone should see the action. Not unreasonable, some might say, but not when it is illegal. If you are going to do something like this - YOU KEEP IT AS QUIET AS YOU CAN.

However, this is by the by. I suspect that this latest selfish 'I know better so f*** you' behaviour, added to the fact he still hasn't the brains to appreciate that what he is did was wrong (something TGC IS prepared to admit) are the straws which have finally broken the camel's back. As much as he provides ludicrous and silly comedy moments, and he has got on too many people's wicks once too often.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
seagulls4ever said:
How stupid. As you guys have just said, surely they must both be banned? They are both as bad as each other, both breaching copyright and IMO effecting the revenue of the club. Anyway, it's easy enough for anyone to get past a ban - just go on a proxy site.
How is breaching copyright a bannable offence, especially when it does not have anything to do with NSC? This is not the reason 1066 has been banned.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
The Large One said:
How is breaching copyright a bannable offence, especially when it does not have anything to do with NSC? This is not the reason 1066 has been banned.

What is the offical reason then? If TGC had not posted that therad 1066 would still be here.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
looney said:
If tgc was breaking the law what has `1066 done illeagal by shouting about it?
I didn't shouting about it was illegal. When I say 'shouting about it', I mean (if you read the first post on TGC's thread) 1066 taking the images and posting them on Google. Apparently, (and I am not an internet tecchie nerd) this alerts more people to the site than, say, NSC does.

Last edited:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
The Large One said:

It isn't. I was just saying if one had to be banned because of it, then the other should also. Sorry, thought it was the reason why he was banned.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Think it's a bit harsh banning 1066 from this forum (although i admit he can be f*cking irritating and has acted a complete idiot), simply because the issue he's been banned for doesn't relate directly to NSC - it's just pissed off most NSC regulars, who are AA main customers:nono:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I posted about two weeks ago after enigma set a precedent that the toleration of people using personal information to attack other posters would bite people in the arse.

yorkie got a dose the other day and its getting worse..

If it doesn't result in legal action flying about it cretes a culture of paranoia and nastiness, with people unwilling to register or post for fear that real life info would be used against them, and then eventually this board will die. You may think its funny callin 1066 fat but to outsiders it just looks like personal abuse piled on a 16 year old.

I beleive bozza, the mods and most posters are to stupid to take this on board. Flame forums hate rules but they have em for a reason. Seen it many times, including e-mails to employers etc.

Who knows it may eventually sink in to your thick heads .

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Withdean Wanderer said:
Think it's a bit harsh banning 1066 from this forum (although i admit he can be f*cking irritating and has acted a complete idiot), simply because the issue he's been banned for doesn't relate directly to NSC - it's just pissed off most NSC regulars, who are AA main customers:nono:
Are you paying attention? An apology for his selfishness and a sense of relisation might have helped him. Instead he went completely the other way. The fact that it pissed off some NSC regulars merely compounds the issue, it doesn't provide the sole reason.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here