Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you Twitter?

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Same here. I don't really understand it :dunce:

It's actually quite simple, but just needs a bit of time to investigate it before it makes proper sense. Having spent waaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on it in the last 48 hours, here is my quick guide.......

Use the 'find people' function to either search for people in your email contact list, or by real name/twitter name

Choosing to follow someone means that everytime they update their status you will see it on your home page, and vice versa.

All profiles are open, so when you click on someone's profile, also scan the list of who they are following to see if any interest you. If so, click on them and follow them

Within a profile, you will be able to see everything they have typed. If they are replying to a specific question you will see a post addressed to@xxxxx and if you click on the link in that response where it says in reply to xxxx, you will be able to read the question

On your home page you will see the updates from everyone you are following. On the @replies page, you will see replies sent to you specifically

Using the search function at bottom of the page allows you to see profiles relevant to your search. ie if you search Brighton, you will see every twitter with reference to Brighton. Not just people, but news, jobs, and businesses

I think the 2 biggest draws to it are a) as someone said before, if you follow twitters with relevance to you, you often get breaking news on that subject. For example, if you travel in London, following 'Travel in London' will show you bang up to the minute info on service disruptions/delays/road closures etc. It can also be industry specific if you choose to follow info sources for your industry

but b) the more addictive thing I find, is celebrities posting their tweets. It's like a real inner circle access to celeb's own thoughts.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
It's actually quite simple, but just needs a bit of time to investigate it before it makes proper sense. Having spent waaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on it in the last 48 hours, here is my quick guide.......

Use the 'find people' function to either search for people in your email contact list, or by real name/twitter name

Choosing to follow someone means that everytime they update their status you will see it on your home page, and vice versa.

All profiles are open, so when you click on someone's profile, also scan the list of who they are following to see if any interest you. If so, click on them and follow them

Within a profile, you will be able to see everything they have typed. If they are replying to a specific question you will see a post addressed to@xxxxx and if you click on the link in that response where it says in reply to xxxx, you will be able to read the question

On your home page you will see the updates from everyone you are following. On the @replies page, you will see replies sent to you specifically

Using the search function at bottom of the page allows you to see profiles relevant to your search. ie if you search Brighton, you will see every twitter with reference to Brighton. Not just people, but news, jobs, and businesses

I think the 2 biggest draws to it are a) as someone said before, if you follow twitters with relevance to you, you often get breaking news on that subject. For example, if you travel in London, following 'Travel in London' will show you bang up to the minute info on service disruptions/delays/road closures etc. It can also be industry specific if you choose to follow info sources for your industry

but b) the more addictive thing I find, is celebrities posting their tweets. It's like a real inner circle access to celeb's own thoughts.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Well since I started this thread Twitter seems to have been getting a lot of attention with Stephen Fry and Jonathan Ross extolling its virtues on the telly and Chris Moyles giving it radio coverage. The Twittersphere is exploding.

Exciting things afoot too.

Anyone seen the story about this guy who plans to travel the world using only the power of Twitter? - Twitchhiker | How far will Twitter take me? -

And we have our very own Twestival coming to Brighton next week - Homepage | Brighton Twestival 2009 -

How exciting

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
signed up few weeks back but only got round to using it today after Moyles talked about it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here