Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you tip at Christmas?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...I give an especially big tip to the binmen because they're very good at taking loads of additional rubbish that they shouldn't be taking. That saves me a fortune on trips to the tip so it's well worth it.

theres another name for that sort of "tip" isnt there ??? :lolol:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
It would never occur to me to tip a postie or the bin men (I don't have a milkman). I never see them - I wouldn't even know if I have a regular postie. If I knew them, even by sight, then maybe I guess, or if they'd done anything extra for me.

I will, however, be tipping my cleaner, I know her, she does a terrific job, is very reliable, and does more than I pay her to do, and those are the sort of criteria that would warrent extra money - although her present maybe something like a hamper, rather than money.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
Tipping the bin men is a throw back to an era when they would interact with householders and be willing to provide additional help. Those days are long gone.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
A mate of mine is a postman and he makes over a fortune in tips at Christmas.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
My brother is a postman and he too gets a decent amount from tips this time of year.

A mate of mine is a postman and he makes over a fortune in tips at Christmas.

One of my mates is a postman and he says the same, last year he claims to have got over £500 in tips.

Personally I don't tip anyone for doing their job, especially not the f***ing bin men. Twice this year I've forgotten to put the bin out and the gits have left it, and when you consider my wheelie bin is not even 4 foot from the pavement it pisses me off royally.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
The postman, probably will tip him if I see him as he's always chatty.

Well, sometime between 4 o clock yesterday and now, the gormless dipshit left a parcel outside so I now have a pack of soggy books totally ruined. ****.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Now we are these times of austerity, will you be tipping this Christmas, and if so, how much?

The Postie?
Rubbish collectors?
Milkman?

Anyone else?

Nope!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I did all my tipping when I was Boston a couple of weeks ago, don't get me started on the whole American tip for everything culture...
As for here I don't really have anyone to tip
Postman - hardly ever seen him, he delivers letters, that's his job
Bins - have a communal rubbish area
Don't have papers or milk

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I don't tip at Christmas, but I am thinking of buying this for someone for Christmas:

51HDXT73XYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It would never occur to me to tip a postie or the bin men (I don't have a milkman). I never see them - I wouldn't even know if I have a regular postie. If I knew them, even by sight, then maybe I guess, or if they'd done anything extra for me.

I never see my postman or dustmen. I don't have a milkman either. I do tip the window cleaner as he clean the ledges as well as the windows and gives great service.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I never see my postman or dustmen. I don't have a milkman either. I do tip the window cleaner as he clean the ledges as well as the windows and gives great service.

I think that seems fair enough. If you get a better than average service, someone who goes beyond what's expected, then a tip is warranted, especially if you know the person. I guess I'm breaking my own rules by tipping cabbies though.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I always give our postman something at christmas,this year it will be 300 red elastic bands that he has been kind enough to leave for me on my doorstep. Merry Christmas.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
One of my mates is a postman and he says the same, last year he claims to have got over £500 in tips.

Personally I don't tip anyone for doing their job, especially not the f***ing bin men. Twice this year I've forgotten to put the bin out and the gits have left it, and when you consider my wheelie bin is not even 4 foot from the pavement it pisses me off royally.

Actually I don't think they are allowed to.

I know, the world's gone mad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here